main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cleveland's 1st Meeting Announcement!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Mar 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Don't worry about it, there will be other meetings. Good luck at the bowling tournament!

If you guys like the Macedonia theater, that's fine, but remember..."Quaker Steak and Lube"...digital projection...and the people at Valleyview are very nice; I'm sure they'll take care of us like Macedonia did for TPM. I went to the General Cinema at Chapel Hill (less then a week after graduating from KENT (go Flashes...both men's and women's MAC Champs!!!) and they took care of us: brought concessions people outside selling drinks, people from Borders were giving away TPM stuff, and even a cop checking on us from time to time.

Of course, we can debate this Saturday at the meeting :) How's that for tying into with the topic?

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Chapel Hill sounds good. It's closer to me than Macedonia is. But Digital and Quaker Steak and Lube in Valley View.... :D :D

3. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    My vote is for the Cinemark in Valley View. Lucas really wanted everyone to experience episode 2 with digital technology. Since we are one of the 20 cities to have a digital cinema, I?m not going to let him down. :D

I was away at collage when TPM was released. I?m just curious how many of you really needed to camp out in order to get ticket for opening day? How long did you camp out?

4. Tuebor

Tuebor Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    What did I miss? I arrived at the food court at about 4:20 and couldn't find anyone. I did make it to the suncoast store and picked up the Ep II poster. I also refered the clerk to this site as he asked if I was aware of the trailer on Sunday night.

Did we get 3 members there? What happened? What's next? etc.

5. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Tubor: We Haven?t had the meeting yet. It is this Saturday, March 16, at 4 pm.

6. Tuebor

Tuebor Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    DOH!!

Well at least I know where I'm going this Saturday. I'll be coming from work so I may be a little late, but I'll be there and head to toe in black.

I hate dates ever since my PDA went down!

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I love the idea of seeing the movie at Cinemark in Valley View. It's close enough to my house I could ride my bike there :) . I can see it now, me cruising down Granger Road hill at about mach 5 screaming "NO BRAKES, NO BRAKES." Hmm, don't want to end up in the canal, maybe I'll just drive. :D

8. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    LOL Don!

I think someone should call them ahead of time to make sure that they are going to play it digitally the day it comes out.

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    One of my niece's best friends is married to a projectionist there. I'll ask her to look into it.

I do know that if we get enough people they would be willing to have a private showing for us. They did this for fans of The Lord of the Rings. Just don't ask me what "enough people" is, the LOTR people looked to have about 100 fans.

10. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Okay, cool. We wouldn't want to wait there and not see it in digital. ;)

:eek: I don't know that many SW fans in this area....

Where ever I go, I want to see it at midnight. :)

11. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Unfortunately I will be spending this weekend in Pittsburgh. Love to try to come to future meetings, though. Too bad, live MOMENTS away in Columbia Station.

I would love to get a line party/private showing at Cinemark, but I'm much more of Middleburg Heights Regal or a Lorain Palace guy.

12. spideymike

spideymike Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    Krash,

Maybe for the next meeting it might be better to have a scheduled meeting at a local library. We have people that use our meeting rooms all the time but you have to fill out a form to use the room. You could use the Strongsville library or something else close by.

- Mike

13. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey guys, you don't really know me, I'm a newb. But my friend and I saw the posting on theforce.net, and it piqued our interest. We'll probably make it to the meeting Saturday at 4:00. However, I would like to caution you. I live 5 mins. from the Valley View Cinemark, and it is going to be hellacious on May 16. I strongly recommend we go somewhere else to watch AOTC because there will probably be a line there a week in advance. As for our wardrobe on Saturday, my friend will wear his Darth Maul shirt and bring his Darth Vader lightsaber replica, and I do not know what I will wear yet. (I have the choice of a Darth Maul shirt, a Star Wars Vader shirt, and a Jedi shirt with Obi-Wan, Luke, and Yoda).

14. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Wow, it looks like there are going to be a lot of people at the meeting, too bad I can't come.

Make sure someone posts what happend so all of the people who didn't make it knows what happened. :)

15. spideymike

spideymike Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    It will be hellacious everywhere on May 16th. The Valley View Cinemark will most likely have it on 3 screens and I can't say the same about General Cinema or Regal Cinemas. Besides, the time of the day we go would also make a difference. If you go see a matinee of it you shouldn't have a problem.

16. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Hi.
    I vote for the Digital Theater. As I live in Euclid, everything is far away from me. I wont be able to make ANY Sat meetings as I work all Sat's at 2pm. Sunday's would be better for me. Or maybe earily Sat.

17. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I was living in Kent at the time of TPM's release, and the only place I know about people camping overnight was Great Northern (my it rest in peace). I'm sure we all can get in at Valleyview; it's bound to have multiple screens. I'm planning on driving down early in the day tickets go on sale. We can figure out where everyone is going later.

As for the meeting, it's this coming Saturday March 16th 4:00pm-whenever @ Southpark Mall's foodcourt. In the back by the big window (I'm gonna make a small sign to sit on the table)

18. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    How hard is it to pick a spot to meet? On the movie part, I want to see it at the valley view only cause it is big. The bigger the scene the better. :D

19. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Hey, about the meeting on Saturday....

I CAN MAKE IT!!!! :) :D (hopefully the mattresses that my sister got are coming in the morning)

I bugged my mom to let me take my sister's fianceé, so I'll be with him. :)

I'm going to wear my TPM space battle shirt, and probably my letterman jacket (it's red) which has "Wadsworth" and "Band" underneath that, and also a clarinet on it. (It's the only one like it in the band :)) It also has a band letter, plus a Luke Skywalker button. I'll also be wearing my hat from "Star Wars: The Magic of Myth". :)

:D :D :D :D

We just have to leave by 6. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.