main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cleveland's Official Episode 3 discussion thread (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Man it took me a while to find this thread again. But, boy do I have some huge news for you guy's.

This is what every SW fan has been waiting for since the OT the creation of Darth Vader. So pull up a chair and brce yourselves.

It seem after the duel with Obi-Wan Anakin is left for dead (as Obi-Wan thinks he's dead) He is placed in a coffin (brilliant George old boy as Anakin is now dead!) At the same time Padme is put into her coffin.
    Anakin is taken to a hospital compund of sorts where what is left of him is placed into a Bacca tank (just like the one in ESB)He is worked on by 4 medical droids (again just like the droid that worked on Luke) Palpatine is watching the whole time and it is unclear he he talks at all during this sceen.
    After the bacca tank Anakin is place on a gurny. Where what is left of his limbs are cut off so he can be placed into the fimilar Vader suit.
    The suit rises out of the floor at the same time the Helemt comes down from the tiles above. The helemt is carfully place on his head by a new SW charater.

Palpaptine's only words are "Wake him up...."

In the future, if you could highlite this type of stuff in black, so that people who WANT spoilers can choose to read them...it would be greatly appreciated.

Anakin Skywalker is no more.....Long live Darth Vader!!!!!!

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    While I love spoilers and find your post interesting, this thread is for Lucasfilm sanctioned Episode III information only. Since I doubt that came from Hyperspace or some other Lucasfilm Episode III press release, you should probably edit your post for those who want to remain spoiler free. :)

3. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I WANT TO SEE THE BEHIND THE HELMET PICTURES #9-#11!!!! AGH!!!! ITS NAUGHING AT MY VERY SOUL!!! ITS TOO TEMPTING TO JOIN!!!!!!! LUCAS!! YOU ARE EVIL!

sorry, had to get that out of my system...

4. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    First of all these spoliers are from a person who is working on Epi.III.

I will not edit any of this post because the title of this very thread says "possable spoilers) which is like saying enter at your own risk.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    these spoliers are from a person who is working on Epi.III
    That's not good enough, it is the policy of TFN boards that only information from officially sanctioned Lucasfilm sources (not employees breaking part of their agreement for employment) are allowed to be posted.

For the sake of keeping both sides of this issue happy, please follow the black highlight (much like TFN does for Episode III spoilers) policy that we will be using btween now and Episode III. Information from Star Wars Insider and starwars.com do not require the highlighting.

And Hyperspace is sooo worth the subscription price...they do a good job of informing fans, without giving away major storyline information. And the Photoreceptor archives are worth it alone!!!

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    After talking with Jon about it at the Christmas party...I decided to wait it out and download the entire Hyperspace web documentary....

OMG...this is sooooo cool! Not only do they show little bits of the set (most have been seen in Insider...just more of them) but also the transition Ewan and Hayen make in costume design.

Speaking of which they show a mold of Hayden's head in Vader's helmet and Ivo Coveney is using pictures of Darth Vader as a reference along with GL talking about making the transition between Episode III and the prequels to ANH and OT.

"Until we start putting on his body, we just don't know exactly what's gonna happen"....somebody is getting "suited up" !!!!!

Plus...the footage of Ewan and hayden fighting is FRELL-ing awesome! Forget any talk about Episode III not living up to the hype (although there will be "bashers" complaining it wasn't good enough regardless...frell them!) because those two are making anything we do look like ewoks "slap-fighting" with fluffy bunnies! ;)

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    ewoks "slap-fighting" with fluffy bunnies!

Ummm...dude, that's a spoiler, they talked about that in web doc #3... :eek:

:D

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    All I have to say is woooooooooow!! That web-doc with Hayden and Ewan was amazing.

*starts jumping up and down non-stop*
    I cannot wait for 2005!! And the Insider is not helping nor is Hyperspace!!!!

9. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Natalie Looking Hot with Short Hair:

w00t w00t

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Not liking the "new" Natalie look... although better short then mess up the color as part of a halloween costume!

11. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I kind of think she looks like herself from the Professionals...then again with make-up this time. It could be worse.

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    This one hasn't been confirmed yet (so take it for what it is worth) but I figured us 'Scapers would appreciate this:

"There's an interview with Wayne Pygram in the recent Starlog. In it, they mention that he's going to be in Star Wars Episode III. He can't really talk about it but he did say that he's playing..."

This is the 3rd Farscape connection to Episode III...frelling awesome!

13. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I don't like Natalie's new look either. I really don't like girls with too short of hair.

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I really don't like girls with too short of hair

I love girls with short hair...mmmmm...but that's besides the point. What pic are you refearing to?

15. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    Eric's w00t w00t pic above.

Ok, in the SW Insider it said that one of the main characters has a toppless scene.

-Padmé, is a main character
    -A lot of people (but of course not me ;) ) would like that.
    -Anakin was already toppless in Ep2 (the dream scene in the bed)

-Anakin, Obi-wan, Mace, Yoda, and Palpy are also main characters
    -George said Ep3 would be rated PG
    -It would not be rated PG if Padmé was toppless. (but, I'm not sue too many people would like to see Palpy toppless either, ewwww)

So, it must be eithier Obi-wan or Anakin again.

16. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I think 99.9% it's Anakin...I was reading somewhere about Hayden having another toppless scene in Ep 3 because one Hayden site was talking about that scene in Padme's apartment with Hayden in it.

17. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    "There's an interview with Wayne Pygram in the recent Starlog. In it, they mention that he's going to be in Star Wars Episode III. He can't really talk about it but he did say that he's playing..."

This is the 3rd Farscape connection to Episode III...frelling awesome!

Whoo Hoo!! He did such a great job playing Scorpius I think he'd be able to get Tarkin's chilly manner down perfect. Thats who they're speculating he would play.

I think 99.9% it's Anakin...I was reading somewhere about Hayden having another toppless scene in Ep 3 because one Hayden site was talking about that scene in Padme's apartment with Hayden in it.

Yeah, I think it is Anakin. Darn! :(

18. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Natie looks like a fishbowl with the retro 30's hair cut. But that's just my opinion.

19. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    A fishbowl? LOL :p

20. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
  21. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    HA! LAVA PIT IS REVIELED ON HYPERSPACE, the photoreceptor's image has the following description:

Darth Vader braves a craggy, volcanic path to meet with the Emperor in his underground lair in this June, 1981 storyboard illustration. In the early versions of the Return of the Jedi story, Palpatine maintained his throne room in a lava-filled cavern deep below the surface of the Imperial capital world.

Even tho it's for ROTJ, THIS IS A BIG HINT FOR WHERE THE LAVA WORLD IS!

22. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    If you have hyperspace look at this webcam shot...
    January 15, 2004 12:54:20...looks like Hayden is going to make someone very unhappy ;D .

23. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Oh my, he's definately making someone very unhappy. Do you think we're seeing one of the first force chokes? I guess practice make does perfect. ;)

24. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    EP3: Leaked Footage Hits the Net
    Sat, Jan 24, 04 11:55:00 PM EST

There's plenty for fans to talk about this weekend, as footage shown at the private meeting goes very public. We have received countless reports of this, along with countless links to the video. Earlier this week, the decision makers from Target and the marketing team from Lucasfilm played show and tell. Big deals have been made but before the ink could dry hot footage of the event ends up online. Plenty of action from The Duel is revealed, including moments where the two Jedi put their sabers down for a second and use the fists and feet.

The montage is set to AC/DC's "Back in Black" - obviously a reference to the return of Lord Vader. Who actually makes an appearance in the bootleg at about halfway through in one quick shot. There's tons more tidbits fans have found as they pick the foootage apart.

Although Lucasfilm definitely must be upset, they have to find solace in that fan reaction has been uber-positive and everyone is thrilled to get a glimpse of the new film. If this footage is any indication of wh a t is to come, Episode III is easily going to be the best of the prequel bunch.

I might have the video if anyone wants it. ;)

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    THIS IS A BIG HINT FOR WHERE THE LAVA WORLD IS
    Not necessarily, it was an idea he had over 20 years ago...it could be different then any "lava world" for the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.