main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clint Eastwood Offered A Part In Indy 4?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    From TheRaider.Net

Clint Eastwood offered a part in Indy 4?
    24/01/07, 2:55pm EST

The excellent JoBlo.com mentioned two days ago that Spielberg had offered none other than Clint Eastwood a role in Indiana Jones 4. But wait! Apparently this news comes from a "visitor" of their site who heard it on an entertainment program:

JoBlo: And if you thought that was the wackiest INDY IV rumor going around, we also recently got word from schmoe T. Straka that he'd heard on entertainment program 'Extra' that The Beard himself Steven Spielberg had offered?wait for it?Clint Eastwood a part in the film. No idea on who The Eastwood would be playing but it sure does present some interesting possibilities. A villain, perhaps? What do you guys think?

This casting rumor has been on the internet for two days already and this one source mentions he heard it on a public TV program called 'Extra'. If it is true, then how can it be that T. Straka is the only person who reports this? Many more people watching the show should have mentioned such an interesting news item by now. Sounds a little fishy no?

Consider this a big, BIG RUMOR until proven otherwise by a more official source!

Also thanks to Brett Hopkins and David Gruwez for the news link.

Would be awesome if true.

2. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    That would be pretty sweet.

I could see him as a villain.

3. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    That would be cool, I liked him in those spaghetti westerns.

4. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    It would for sure be one hell of a legendary cast if Ford, Connery AND Eastwood were in IJIV together!

I just wouldn't want people bashing it because they're all old. Oldies are the best, and Clint could give the film some major kudos and face off great with Harrison!

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I could see this happening. I think Clint is quite closely aquaninted with Spielberg/Lucas. Doesn't Clint Eastwood sound mix and edit most of his movies at The Ranch?

I think he would be a good guy, though. I can't see Spielberg turning an all american hero like Clint Eastwood into a villain. It would be fun to see Clint as a villain, but I suspect he would be there to help Indy in some capacity.

6. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I agree with the general consensus. This would be brilliant. I can just see him in an Indy film.

I've always hated the probable return of Henry, and Sallah, as I don't like the idea of the film being an excuse to bring the whole gang back again. I want it to be new. Indy should be the only returning character IMO. Henry served his purpose in Last Crusade, and served it very well, but I don't want to see him again. I think Eastwood would be a good character replacement for him. Someone completely different to a father figure for Indy, sure, but never-the-less someone to fill the gap.

However I'm sure Henry will will return just because. [face_plain]

7. v8er77

v8er77 Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2007
    Clint Eastwood as Indiana's older brother.

8. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    That could possibly be it....

You may be on to something.

9. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Clint Eastwood in Indiana Jones IV sounds improbable to me. But if it turns out to be true, I'm guessing you are right about him as Indy's long lost older brother.

10. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Maybe they could be brothers, but Eastwood would be the film's villain? Some good sparring possibilities there.

11. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    If he is the older brother and the villain (I still think the Nazis and possibly even Hitler may be the villains), that would explain why he's not been mentioned in the earlier films by either Indy or his father. It would be an interesting battle - especially if he's redeemed at the end. Maybe he'll turn back, grab Hitler and throw him over a precipice at the edge of the Garden of Eden but then die after the battle and after he's had a chance to reconcile with Indy.
    (Before you respond - I'm not really serious about that last part)

12. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Some have suggested that Eastwood could be Abner Ravenwood, Marion's believed-to-be-dead father.

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I don't like that idea because it closes the Indy-verse in on itself a little more.

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I like that idea. Abner always sounded cool. :p

15. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Dirty Harry, James Bond and Indiana Jones all together? Wow, that'd be awesome :D.

16. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    That's an even better idea.

17. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    that would be awesome if Clint Eastwood was in Indy 4! :D

18. smibrilundun

smibrilundun Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2007
    i like the idea of clint eastwood in indy 4 .however marion said in raiders that abner was dead so he cant play abner

19. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    Unless it's a flashback, or......wait for it.......Abner isn't dead! *gasp!*

20. Darth_Ozzy

Darth_Ozzy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    or...wait for it..... clint eastwood is ----- MRS. JONES!

but in all seriousness... i dont think giving indy a brother is a good idea... let him be the one of a kind action hero - the last great jones..dont deminish his legacy by allowing it to be carried on by some sub-indy punk who has dirtied the jones family lineage... now... an UNCLE wouldnt be so bad, if perhaps connery is only in flash backs and the character of jones sr. is dead in the movie... perhaps eastwood could be intro'd at the funeral and then join in the adventures in a kind of 'where do you think your old man learned his tricks' sort of role.. now that could be fun!

a bit cliche i suppose...

that being said, i think the best place for eastwood in an indy film would be as the villian

21. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Oooohhh...I like the idea of Eastwood playing Abner Ravenwood.

Good story potential there.

"Heart"

-WE (as the audience) Really No Nothing About Abner's demise-He potentially still could be alive.

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    That what I was thinking. And yes, that would be an absolutely kickass cast.

EDIT: I could also see where Clint would have made a really good Indy back in the day. After all he's spent his whole career playing badass characters. His Indy probably would have been absolutely fantastic.

I can see Spielberg's add in the paper now:

Wanted. Actor tough enough to give Indiana Jones a noogie.

:p

EDIT: Release Date

23. smibrilundun

Feb 11, 2007
    oh yes we do know he is dead .indy "where abner" marion "he`s dead" .can`t remember the time in the film but it was around about 30 minutes

24. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I like the idea of Abner Ravenwood a whole lot, and Eastwood in the role even better.

25. smibrilundun

Feb 11, 2007
    As i said before in Raiders Marion says that Abner is dead .I would still love to see Clint in Indy IV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.