main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloak of Deception (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Scott, May 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott

Scott TFN Founder star 2 VIP

Jun 25, 2000
    All;

I just got an advance copy of Cloak of Deception, so I imagine that it will be hitting stores very soon. You might want to start looking for it.

Scott

EDIT: Added "SPOILERS!" to the title so we didn't have to go and make a new topic". ;)

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    //begins to sob because he only has $30 and hads to put gas in his car

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

3. Scott

Scott TFN Founder star 2 VIP

Jun 25, 2000
    You can always go read it in the bookstore. :)
    Scott

4. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    I got yelled at once for doing that :D

5. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I wanted to get it to read on my flight to Texas on Tuesday. But nooo, it's an early flight, so I can't, the bookstore won't be open. So now I have to go all over Dallas once I get there looking for it, unless by some miracle I find a store that sticks it out early by mistake. Ugh. :(

6. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    What day is it supposed to come out again???

7. Mecca-Don

Mecca-Don Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Cloak Of Deception is due Tuesday, May 29. I started looking today but didn't find it.

8. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Tuesday.

9. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    So, is it before or after Darth Maul: Saboteur? How long before Episode I is it set?

10. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Months before TPM. A couple of months.

The TF is getting its forces ralied for the invasion at the begining.

11. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Here are some spoilers from the book. It seems they are spoilers for Episode II, too! :D

12. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Does its place in the timeline coincide with Darth Maul: Saboteur and the Darth Maul comic then?

13. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    I say it takes place before the Maul stuff.

And it appears we'll have to allow some E2 spoilers. But, since they're being officially released, they aren't spoilers anymore, are they?

14. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    wild karrde:

Be careful. Cloak of Deception may have some content relating to Episode II. But LucasFilm hasn't officially linked that content to Episode II. Simply mentioning or discussing that content isn't spoiling Episode II. Only by linking the content of Cloak to Episode II can someone spoil Episode II.

For example: Say some new character George plays a small role in Cloak and inside sources also say that George has an important, similar role in Episode II. You can talk ad infinitum about George's role in Cloak without spoiling Episode II. But if you state that George is in Episode II and start talking about his role in the film, then you are spoiling the film.

Another, simpler way of putting it: Cloak may contain a hundred spoilers for Episode II. But no person reading the posts under this topic (or similar ones) is going to KNOW that they are spoilers for Episode II unless someone posting to this topic says so.

15. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Keep Mr. Cloak at the top...Beginning to sound pretty interesting...

16. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    "Does its place in the timeline coincide with Darth Maul: Saboteur and the Darth Maul comic then?"

Sabateur was a prolouge to both CoD and SH. More so to CoD methinks.

17. My Master

My Master Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 1999
    Is there any mention of the Sith, Sidious or Maul?

18. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Probably, Palpatine is a main character I believe.

19. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Today, I found a CD and cassette copy of CoD out on the shelves. Being an employee, I had to put it back. But I did read some of the book during lunch. Seems to be good.

If you find copies out prematurely, please notify store staff instead of trying to buy it. We can only sell it starting the street date of May 29, 2001

Feel free to take a poster from the display for it, too. It looks like the cover, with Valorum on the left, Palpatine on the right, and Qui-Gon on the bottom center.

20. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It's at Wal-mart, as of yesterday, for 18.88. I was going to get it, but I think I'll wait to see if they have it at Costco for 14.
    If you can't wait, and don't have a Costco nearby, but you do have a Wal-mart, go get one.

21. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    Our Walmart's real slow about getting the SW stuff out (and probably everything else) and the last SW book the local Costco had was Rogue Planet...I usually end up going to B&N since I don't want to wait.

It's too much a store by store thing to generalize.

And congrats on finding it early--I wish I could.

22. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Looked in a few stores. No one has it out early. Guess I really am stuck looking for it on my vacation, unless the airport bookstore has it Tuesday morning before my flight. :(

23. Mecca-Don

Mecca-Don Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Sometimes it pays to visit several bookstores all over your city looking for a book. I found Cloak of Deception on sleaves in Cambridge, MA. Needless to say, I picked up a copy for myself. It's pretty good so far. I think some people will be surprised at some of the characters that make an appearance in the book but I won't mention them right now. I'll wait to see exactly how many people want to get spoiled.

24. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    2 more days...

I'm not going to go crazy looking for it around town. I can wait.

25. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    "If you find copies out prematurely, please notify store staff instead of trying to buy it. We can only sell it starting the street date of May 29, 2001."

Why do that? The whole concept of 'release dates' is absurd anyway. Why should I have to wait?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.