main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloak of Deseption HELP!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediCouncilBoy4, Jan 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCouncilBoy4

JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    Ok. For school I'm doing a book report on the book Cloak of Deception. I have know clue what it's about. I'm goiong to read it but have no time right now.

Could some one please sum it up for me???? I'm not asking for the report.....I'm asking for a summery.

THanks you!

2. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    youre doing a report on a book you dont have time to read ??? let me sum it up for you ... Youre Screwed

3. JediCouncilBoy4

Aug 20, 2001
    I know it happens before episode 1 but I'm a slow rreader and can't finish it in time!

4. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    sorry i dont read prequel novels!

5. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Behold the power of TimeTales:

?Cloak of Deception.?
    Above the planet Dorvalla, the Trade Federation freighter ?Revenue? is picking up a load of lommite ore. Commander Daultay Dofine shamelessly shorts Dorvalla Mining on payment for the ore, since they have no other shipping options. However, within the freighter?s hangar, one of the cargo pods opens, revealing a pack of space pirates. At the same time, the ?Revenue? is attacked by a Tempest-class gunship and several CloakShape starfighters. The gunship belongs to the infamous space pirate Captain Arwen Cohl? who happens to be leading the pirates in the hangar. The pirates quickly race through the ship, shooting down security droids, and storm the bridge. Dofine and his crew are quickly captured, and Cohl demands the freighter?s secret cargo ? two billion credits worth of aurodium ingots. He has a thermal detonator strapped to the Revenue?s fuel-control system, setting a countdown of one hour. As he does this, another Federation freighter arrives (the ?Acquisitor?) and attacks the pirate ships. A terrified Dofine turns over the aurodium, and then is thrown out in an escape pod. Dofine?s escape pod is brought aboard the ?Acquisitor?, and Dofine demands to speak to Viceroy Nute Gunray over holocomm immediately. When told of the aurodium theft, Gunray congratulates Dofine (?!?), gives him command of the Acquisitor, and orders him to leave Dorvalla immediately?

Meanwhile, another cargo pod in the hangar disgorges its? contents ? Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, who have trying to help the Trade Federation deal with the pirate problem that is plagued them lately. Obi-Wan attaches a tracking device to Cohl?s pod, then returns to his own. Just then, Cohl begins to jettison the freighter?s cargo to cover his escape. Cohl?s ?cargo pod? races toward the gunship, the ?Hawk-bat?, with the Jedi?s ?pod? in close pursuit. Cohl suddenly finds something else Obi-Wan placed on his ship ? a thermal detonator is attached to the main engines! Cohl responds by jettisoning his ?pod? disguise (including the detonator) to reveal a shuttle inside. The Jedi do the same, revealing a Corellian Lancet. To the Jedi?s shock, Cohl changes course and flies his ship right back into the ?Revenue? ? which explodes into a fireball.

Coruscant. In his office, Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum meets with Senator Palpatine. Both are worried over the growing anarchy in the outer edges of the Republic ? and now Valorum is caught in a catch-22 with the Trade Federation. The Federation is demanding the Republic intervene directly on the trade routes ? that, or let the Federation drastically beef up its? security droid contingent. That Valorum does not want ? the Republic has not had a standing military in generations, and the Federation is growing too powerful as it is. Palpatine suggests a new idea ? in exchange for allowing a droid build-up, demand that the Federation?s trade routes (all the outer trade routes in the Republic, in other words) be subject to Republic taxation. Valorum disagrees ? the Senate is by and large in the Trade Federation?s pocket, and will revolt at any idea of the Federation being taxed. Palpatine promises he will drum up support in the Senate for this measure, even though he cannot vote for it himself (what with Naboo being an outlying system and all). Valorum reluctantly agrees.

Returning to the Jedi Temple with Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon must answer to Yoda and his fellow Jedi about his actions at Dorvalla. He reveals Cohl?s attack were not sanctioned by the Nebula Front (whom he has a contact with), that a radical wing has sprung up within the Nebula Front and that is whom Cohl was working with. On the other hand, maybe is working with ? Qui-Gon is not convinced Cohl is dead. On Neimoidia, Nute, Rune Haako, and Hath Monchar speak via hologram with Gunray?s mysterious new benefactor ? a Sith Lord named Darth Sidious. It seems the attack on the ?Revenue?

6. JediCouncilBoy4

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks Mastadge(spelling?) so much! YOU SAVED MY NECK!

7. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    By the time you read all that, you might as well have read the book. :p Next time, pick a shorter book.

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.