main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cloak Patterns

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by InsolentFury, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsolentFury

InsolentFury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    Can anyont post or point me in the direction of some patterns of Jedi Cloaks?
    Any help is appritiated
    Thank you

2. SithKittie

SithKittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    There are patterns that are similar, simplicity has some robes and you can stick sleeves in some of the cloaks -look through the costume part of the simplicity catalogue. but none of them are accurate. They don't billow well.

I used a pattern for a kimono as a base and made it wider around the body. I also made the sleeves adn hood huge, but it was 95% drawing out a pattern on cloth and stitching it together, hoping it worked.

Check out Amber's Jedi Meditation Chamber. She's got a page on one method of adding sleeves to a cloak pattern if you want to go for that. I'm working on a page for [http://www.geocities.com/costumes118/jedi.html]my jedi page[/link] with exactly how I did my robe, but the images won't be up for a few days until i can get them scanned. But you're welcome to look at what I've got so far.

Sorry I can't be more help suggesting patterns, there just aren't any out there that make a decent robe without major alterations or total customizing.

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Cloaks will be the Sleevesless Kind aka Cape. ;)

Here're some recommanded pattern (ignore the title, it was created years ago before I know the difference between Cloak & Robe and my notebook need fixing before I got time to upload the updated version [face_blush] )
    BASIC JEDI CAPE

If tonite there is still a need to post more pattern no., I'll do so.

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    There's a tutorial on the Imperial Outfitters page. www.rmff.net/costumes

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I used the Imperial Outfitters one. Looks great! I'd make it just a tad longer than recommended though. About 4-5 inches so that you can get a nice cuff on the bottom egde of the robe. Just my opinion though.

6. InsolentFury

InsolentFury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    Yes thank you. I am looking for the actual sewing pattern too. I am getting it made by a tailor and she needs a pattern (or at least it is cheper if I supply the pattern ;P) SO im looking for the actual sewing patterns. If anyone has anymore, post them please!
    thanks!

7. SithKittie

SithKittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    I used Butterick 6698 for the base of the front and back pieces for mine, but as far as I know there is no pattern u can buy in stores for a good robe. I wrote down step by step the modifications and basically the pattern I used here. I was having issues with the last link I posted here, but this one is 99% complete (minus graphics which still need to be scanned) and might help. I dunno. If you want to print it out and show it to your seamstress, maybe it'll help? If you want I can PM u with the link to the graphics once I get them up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.