main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Campaigns

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Flier, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flier

Flier Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    what r the official designations of the vehicles featured in the Clone Campaigns, such as the air cruisers for both the separatists and the Republic, and the upgraded fighters for both sides?

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Maybe they say on the Galactic Battlegrounds website. I think that aside from a slot in the Clone Wars timeline, the only other thing that talks about anything that appeared in Galactic Battlegrounds and the Clone Campaigns expansion was that thing on weapons in the game that the Databank did.

3. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Flier - i'll get back to you this afternoon, if no-one else has posted them by then (for now, it's school in like 5 mins).

Knight - Mace flies a modified Gunship bomber from the game in Schism, and Anakin and A'Sharad fly a normal Gunship bomber in The Storm After The Storm. Also some other Battlegrounds elements, such as Reytha, were mentioned in the Fact Files cards. The thing on weapons in the databank was about Battlefront, not 'Grounds.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    FYI- Republic #59 is titled "Enemy Lines". "The Storm After the Storm" is just the TPB "chapter title", if you will.

5. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Meh, I like to use the TPB names. Makes cross-referencing things a bit easier. Besdies, I couldn't remember the name of #59 offhand. [face_blush]:D

Anyway, I've um...lost...my Clone Campaigns CD. [face_blush][face_blush][face_worried] I'll have a rifle about, see if I can't find it. If not then someone else'll have to get the names for you. You can find out, however, by just hovering your mouse over them on the Tech Tree.

6. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    There aren't many official designations in the game, but if you highlight units to build in troop centres/ mech factories etc, you can see their full names.

Air cruisers are just 'Republic Air Cruisers', I believe. I'll take a mooch at the other units in a minute.

EDIT: They're just called 'Gunship Bomber/ Gunship Bomber Enhanced/ Gunship Bomber Advanced' and Gunship Fighter/ Fast Gunship Fighter/ Adv Gunship Fighter'. No true designation, but perhaps these could be LAAT/f (fighter) variants or somesuch?

Air Cruisers are referred to as 'Republic Starships'. [face_plain]

EDIT II: The Confederacy units have a little more info; their bombers are Commerce Guild Bombers, they have Corporate Alliance energy pummels, and Geonosian Cruisers and Transports.

7. Flier

Flier Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    i thought that the base republic fighter might have been the Cord starfighter, but i am not sure.
    The rpublic light walker showed some resemblance to the AT-XT, but i doubt they are the same

8. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    The Clone Wars Armory thread is a practical repository of data for this type of thing.

As many of us know, the Clone Campaigns foldout documentation is rather fluffy on hardcore tech specs, but much of this has been extrapolated from other sources.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.