main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Designation

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DreddRevan, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreddRevan

DreddRevan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    I wasn't sure exactly where this fit, but since a lot of info on clones has snown up in the books, I'd post it here.

Is there a set designation for clones or does it differ by class? I'm asking because, in Republic Commando, they use initials (RC), but in the games (Battlefront, etc.), they use Greek letters (Alpha, Gamma, etc.).

I'm asking because I was working on a story about a clone, and I was using Omicron 13 as his designation, which wouldn't really fit if they just use initials.

Thanks,

Jay

2. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    They use CT-, CC-, RC- sorta initials. The whole Battelfront thing is just gump, it's a terribly researched and contradictory affair. No reason why O 13 couldn't be a nickname for him, tho.

3. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Clone troopers are identified as CT-##/####. Clone Commanders have a 'CC' prefix, and clone commandos have an 'RC' (Republic Commando) prefix. ARCs have shorter designations - for example, we have Alpha-17 and ARC-77 (Fordo). Null ARC Ordo is designated N-11.

There are variations on this theme depending on the source (for instance, the RotS script uses four-digit numbers only to identify its commanders, while the new Guide to the GAR details the complete codenames)

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    The greek names, Alpha, Omega, for Republic Commando refers to the squads.

Alpha, one of the characters, is nicknamed Alpha because Anakin didn't want to call him A-13.

5. DreddRevan

DreddRevan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    Okay thanks. I think I'll stick with O-13 and just leave his initial designation a mystery. I do know that after Order 66, he starts going by Blade and eventually Commander Blade.

By the way, I'm reading Republic Commando now...excellent story. I really hope there's a story from their point of view when Order 66 is called for.

Thanks again,

Jay

6. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    karen traviss may make your dream come true :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.