main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Emperor and Vader

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Panther50, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    Just something I was thinking about and wondered if anyone knew the answer. Did Vader know that the Emperor could transport himself to a clone body whenever an old one ran out of juice and if he did why did he never clone himself a new body?

2. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Vader not only knew, but he had seen Palpatine do it on at least one occasion. Vader never tried it because he was never taught the power. The soul transfer skill seemed like it was the ultimate manifestation of Palpatine's power and the threat he posed. I doubt that he would have taught that to a rebellious, potentially back-stabbing underling who could use it to become more powerful than the boss. Even if he did know, then I'm not sure that Vader would have wanted to get a new body. Once the mask went on, he became a tired, angry, depressed old man, and people in that kind of situation dont think much about escaping what makes them that way.

3. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Vader knew (Palpatine had just finished moving to a new body as Vader was reporting to him once); as to why he never did it, I have no idea.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's possible Vader wasn't strong enough to perform the ability (what with the recent Vader psot-injuries is 80% of Palpatine's power comments) or his lingering good prevented him form acomplishing it (ala the scene in SOTE).

5. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I'd be surprised if he never considered it, Vader was an ambitious guy and if the lava fight reduced his ability with all the injuries he suffered, getting a new body and restoring his power level would seem like a priority. I'm sure he could have set up some secret cloning project for himself if he'd wanted to, of course I don't know if he was strong enough in the force to transport himself to a new body, but would that have stopped him from trying.

6. DarthGabriel81

DarthGabriel81 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    don't forget that ysalamiri were needed for part of the process.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/ysalamiri/index.html

7. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    I'm sorry but it goes completely against the movies that Palpatine wouldn't have given Vader a new body if he could. That's why he was willing to take Luke over his father, because he would grow more powerful.

Whatever source shows Palpatine resurrecting himself before ROTJ should be eliminated from continuity.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>but it goes completely against the movies that Palpatine wouldn't have given Vader a new body if he could.<<

Perhaps he couldn't?

9. DarthRavenus

DarthRavenus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Either its the writers not thinking straight when they where making up their stories,or that they where told not to by Lucas.

10. Nemuro

Nemuro Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2003
    Vader knew (Palpatine had just finished moving to a new body as Vader was reporting to him once); as to why he never did it, I have no idea.

Oh... when was this ???
    I don´t remember reading it anywhere

11. Sith-Pirate

Nov 16, 2001
    Perhaps he couldn't?

I agree with that, but in no way do I agree that he wouldn't do it because he feared Vader becoming too strong.

12. JonAntilles

JonAntilles Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2003
    Nemuro, I'm sure someone else will respond too, but I'm pretty sure I remember it being a part of an Adventure Journal. I think it is in "STAR WARS MISSIONS #17 DARTH VADER'S RETURN" but I could be mistaken.

I read it on the Timetales site a few years back.

You might check there.

JA

13. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    God, can't they just make the Cloned Emperor mess Infities???? :_|:_|

14. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    "I agree with that, but in no way do I agree that he wouldn't do it because he feared Vader becoming too strong."

In RotS, Sidious tells Yoda that Vader will become more powerful than the both of them. And, as Dooku learns - the hard way - treachery is the way of the Sith. With his quest for eternal life, Palpatine isn't just going to hand Vader a brand new body; because by doing so, he'd have to show Vader the secret of soul transfer. Then, all Vader needs to do is pop over to Byss, create a few hundred clones of himself and kill all of Palpatine's own bodies. Palpatine needs to keep Vader on a leash - being forced to rely on a walking iron lung in order to live gives Vader's loyalty a huge boost.

15. Sith-Pirate

Nov 16, 2001
    Sure, and I'm sure he was going to put Luke in an iron lung too, right?

16. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    if it was necessary to control him i think he would.

17. Sith-Pirate

Nov 16, 2001
    Uh, no. Why would he want Luke to join him instead of Vader? Why did he reveal the secret to his immortality to Luke in DE?

Because he wanted the strongest apprentice possible.

Sith must be a little more loyal to their masters then people seem to think to have laster 1,000 years with just two at any given time.

The master is suppose to be overthrown when the apprentice is powerful enough to carry on with greater effectiveness then the master.

That's why Dooku said in DR that the teachings are carried out slowly and methodically.

You don't give your apprentice physical disabilities!

18. Gladiuus

Gladiuus Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2003
    Plus, Vader was never anywhere close to potentially rebellious until he met Luke on Cloud City. Prior to that, he was Palpatine's most loyal and trusted lieutenant.

Anyway, I'd prefer it if that source was stricken from continuity-- it's just an obscure kid's story.

19. CaelumExternus

CaelumExternus Jedi Master star 2

Apr 2, 2005
    Plus, Vader was never anywhere close to potentially rebellious until he met Luke on Cloud City. Prior to that, he was Palpatine's most loyal and trusted lieutenant.

Are you being sarcastic, or are you saying this? Because Vader always plotted to overthrow Sidious. "I am more powerful than the Chancellor. I can overthrow him, and together you and I can rule the galaxy."

20. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Or Vader had an intense personal aversion/phobia to the idea? (people can get pretty funny at strange moments)

21. Lightsnake

Lightsnake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    After Padme died, you think he would've WANTED to overthrow and rule?

22. Nemuro

Nemuro Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2003
    Well, in one of the future visions of that chick head in Enemy of the Empire it´s shown a future where Vader overthrows Palpatine. My impression always was that those events could have happened if Luke and the Rebellion didn´t have messed up everything....

Oh yeah.. and the other probability was Palpatine taking care of Vader because he was becoming more powerful than what was convenient for the Emperor... clearly Palpatine wasn´t all for a great, happy and powerful Vader.

23. Sith-Pirate

Nov 16, 2001
    clearly Palpatine wasn´t all for a great, happy and powerful Vader.

Really? Why would he say to Yoda "Vader will become more powerful then either of us." With a big prideful grin on his face.

Sith are NOT loyal to individuals. They are however loyal to the ways of the Sith. That's why they don't overthrow the Master UNTIL they are more powerful in the ways of the dark side then the master.

Otherwise the Sith would all be weak with little knowledge because the masters would try to hide everything from their apprentices.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>After Padme died, you think he would've WANTED to overthrow and rule?<<

IIRC, someone mentioned in the ROTS novel that Vader tries to kill Palpatine with the Force when he hears about Padme's death, but is unable to do so- thus the room and everything else shakes and cracks.

Plus, I recall someone saying there's an AU level in the ROTS game where you beat Obi-wan on Mustafar, and after he wins, Anakin turns around and kills Palpatine, in case that has any bearing on his motivations.

25. CaelumExternus

CaelumExternus Jedi Master star 2

Apr 2, 2005
    Yes, the final level of the ROTS game is Mustafar, and after you complete it with Obi-Wan, you can complete it with Vader. Instead of losing his limbs, he kills Kenobi, and then when Sidious presents him with his Sith lightsaber, he uses it to depose Sidious, and declares himself Emperor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.