main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Emperor and Vader

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Panther50, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    If Sith do only care about the order and training the strongest possible apprentice to take over, then shouldn't the Emperor have taught Vader the Soul transferance trick and cloned him a new body as soon as possible.

2. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Palpatine might have wanted to keep Vader down until he was versed well enough in the ways of the Sith (there's a whole galaxy of darkside knowledge for Anakin to learn)

But since Palpatine seemed to be striving for immortality, he most likely just wanted to keep Vader down enough until no one could ever defeat him (Palpatine)

3. Wampa_Joe

Wampa_Joe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2001
    The reason Palpatine never let Vader switch bodies? The new all-purpose continuity explanation: he was a jerk. The reason Chewbacca has never told Luke about Yoda? He's just a jerk. The reason R2 never told Luke and Leia about their parents? Huge jerk.

4. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I figure that whenever Chewie learned of Yoda from Luke or Leia or whatever, he would've told Luke he helped him during the Clone Wars. No big deal.

5. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Maybe Vader didn't want to go to a new body....

After finding out about Padme's death, he subconsciously told himself that he deserved to stay in a dying husk of a body as punishment. The Emperor may have tried to show him how to transfer (& may have wanted Luke to be Vader's new body), but Vader just couldn't make himself do it...

I'd love to see Dark Horse do an Infinities where Vader is the Emperor during the OT... [-o|

6. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    After finding out about Padme's death, he subconsciously told himself that he deserved to stay in a dying husk of a body as punishment. The Emperor may have tried to show him how to transfer (& may have wanted Luke to be Vader's new body), but Vader just couldn't make himself do it...

That's the best idea I've heard. :)

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I think if the clone transference was offered to Vader would have done, played the role of loyal apprenctice until he was powerful enough to overpower him, and then he would have been emperor skywalker.

8. Kips_13th

Kips_13th Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2002
    The original novelization of ANH shows Vader having his own agenda from the get go. Of course, if I remember correctly, also described the emperor as more of a figurehead than someone with any real power (let alone a Sith Lord).

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I always liked the idea that Palpatine made the various politicians think he was more of a figurehead that they were controlling to a certain degree- meanwhile Palpatine is really playing puppetmaster with them.

10. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    On the topic of Vader and his loyalty to Palpatine.

Enemy of the Empire. The prophets head.

11. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Perhaps Palpatine, knowing obviousley what he had done to plagueis, chose not to show vader, especially after he had told him the story. Also, if Vader tried it might have hurt him to much, maybe to learn it had to be physically dangerous, and palps couldnt risk losing him. Is this Plagueis' power?

12. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Or maybe Anakin, after Padme's death, couldn't focus his Force powers enough to make such a transfer a feasible idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.