main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clone Force 99

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  2. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I said it in another thread but they feel like delta squad ripoffs.
    Hunter(I call him Rambo)Is Boss with some of Sevs skills.
    Tech is Fixer
    Wrecker is Scorch on Steroids.
    And Crosshairs Is Sev.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well to me there already better the Delta probably because Delta squads role has been reduced to this in Canon.

4. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I am both surprised and slightly miffed that they didn't bother to give us their operating numbers.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Well we did get Echo's Oprerating number.

6. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    We already had Echo's number.

Well technically it was a recon mission which is standard for Commandos. Also in Attack Of The Clones, Commander Ponds says he has "five special commando units" awaiting Mace's order. Delta's first mission was on Zero Hour of the Battle Of Geonosis, assassinating Sun Fac and destroying a CIS Core Ship. It's safe to assume Delta was one of those 5 units. The other of the couple thousand existing Commandos were probably spread out across different commands. Clone Force 99 seems more of an unconventional warfare/ clandestine operations unit. The Commandos operate as hit squads, special reconnaissance, direct action and sabotage. The real question is, is Omega Squad considered Canon to any extent?

Also, my opinions about Force 99 (in order of favorites) -
    Hunter- My favorite, this guy took a few tips from Sam Fisher cause he's cutting up droids with those ninja moves like it's nothing
    Also his armor reminds me the most of a standard Commando.
    Tech- Second favorite, his armor is soooooo cooool! It's like the ARF helmet and the Special Operation helmet had a baby and was put on top of Mandalorian armor. And his pistol slinging skills might even match Rex.
    Crosshairs- Cool guy, I like his X-Ray visor modes and his Assassin helmet. His rifle and grenade launcher are cool and I loved how he reflected the bolts of the mirror things at the end.
    Wrecker- Cool I guess, liked the Juggernaut armor and the custom DC-17m, but his personality was kinda... Over the top. He reminded of of Scorch, if Scorch had been high during Republic Commando.

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Delta Squad cannot be topped. Republic Commando is a classic game , and in order to better appreciate AOTC ROTS you need to play that game. And that team will always been the pinnacle to which all must aspire to be TCW just honored by making them officially canon. Besides I like them cause they not genetically modified super soldiers just were specially trained Special Forces operators and trained by the best, Mandalorians. But this does open the door for a Jek-14 like character or Marek clones which such possibilities of the Clone programs. Seems also some Royal Guards are Clones of some kind. I would not be surprised of Palpatine is cloning himself.

SilentGuy66 and ARC_RC-7567 like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So that brings named RC in Canon to a total of 9.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  9. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Woo! Come on Filoni we need double digits!

10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm glad that the bad batch weren't copy/paste of the commando armour previously seen. It makes sense they look different because delta squad and Gregor wore phase 1 commando armour while bad batch have given us our first look at phase 2 commando armour.

11. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    I want to see a team up between Delta Squad and the Bad Batch.

Anyway Hunter was the coolest member of the Bad Batch, both by virtue of being Space Rambo which automatically gets you points and the fact that he ran around stabbing droids with a big knife.

12. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    There are no Phase 1 and Phase 2 Katarn Class Commando Armors. There are Marks I, II and III. All of them have upgrades to the armor and systems but there are no major aesthetic changes. The Bad Batch armor appears to be Katarn armor heavily modified with pieces of other clone armor. Hunter and Crosshairs both have Katarn body armor but Crosshairs has a modified helmet that looks to be a mix between the Paratrooper helmet and the Assassin helmet. Hunter's helmet is the standard Commando helmet but the middle of the T-visor is removed so it resembles a Stormtrooper helmet mixed with the Commando helmet. Than we get to Tech and Wrecker. Tech's helmet seems to be the ARF helmet and the Special Operations helmet (Ki Audi Mundi's troops in Landing at Point Rain) and his armor is custom Katarn armor. Wrecker has a helmet that I can not identify... But his armor seems to just be reinforced Katarn armor.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  13. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Commando armour has clearly evolved like the armour of the "regs" as the war has gone on

Kassius Konstantine likes this.
  14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I wish their armour had been fully rendered. I find most of the variant Clone armours gorgeous, and these 4 look really nice.

15. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    It has evolved, but more in what the armor is made of and what it can handle.
    The Bad Batch armor is just custom, not standard armor.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  16. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Easily better than Delta Squad (unless they get a new story and can outshine these boys). The way they take out droids is epic. Love how Hunter uses his vibroknife.

17. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I found it interesting that Hunter said that they don't really report to anyone. I would have assumed that Task Force 99 would fall under command of the 212th Attack Battalion since Cody was the only ranking officer that seemed to know about them. But since Rex took temporary command, did they transfer to the 501st/Torrent Company? Oddly enough the Commandos we have seen so far have been under command of the 212th. Gregor's Foxtrot Group was under the command of Cody during Sarrish and Task Force 99 is apparently under Cody's command. While all the ARC troopers we have seen have been under the command of the 501st. The only exception was that in the Clone Wars Microseries Task Force 10 (Fordo's team) was under the command of Obi-Wan who led the 212th.

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    So echo was not given a helmet to his new suit of customized armor?

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well what about this guy he was just on Kamino and I don't think he was a part of the 501st.

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

I did not even get the impression at all that Kenobi even knew about this Clone Force 99 despite the 212th is essentially his. His reactions to the team was strange, was little reaction to them, and his typical he does not like this plan ect, while Anakin is his usual gung-ho self .

21. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Oh yea I forgot about Rancor Battalion. Maybe that was the unit that had all of the original Alpha-Class ARC troopers?
    It probably had specially trained normal Clone Troopers so that would explain the ARF troopers under the command of Commander Blitz. So I guess they are in a way the new incarnation of Task Force 10 (Muunilist 10).

That makes sense, but the Bad Batch was a covert unit. I bet only the people that would go into battle with them would know about them.

22. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    Clone Force 99 and Delta Squad are quite different, and I think both styles have their place in the Star Wars universe.

Delta Squad is the no-nonsense professional elite soldier unit, all by the book. They are exactly what the Cloners wanted.
    Clone Force 99 is more like the Dirty Dozen, a rag-tag unit not just thinking out of the box, but living out of it. They represent a failed endeavour of the Cloners.

Yet both get the job done.

23. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I liked Filoni's comments about how after 99 sacrificed himself during the battle of Kamino the Kaminoans realised that even bad batchers could be useful on the battlefield despite their abnormalities....thus the creation of THE bad batch.

24. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    It was said that they came out deformed and the Kaminoans decided to augment them. The augments were extremely experimental and they decided that it wouldn't be a loss of they died during the augmentation process. It was sort of a what the heck kinda situation.

25. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I think it's a mixture of the two reasons:)