main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

clone image

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AWB1989, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    i made an image with me in it and a clone of myself in it. soon i will make that into a movie. well here is the image

tell me what you think

aaron

2. crazylegs1138

crazylegs1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Looks pretty good, altho your hand on the clone on the right looks weird. By the way, are you a red sox fan? where abouts do you live? Anyway, I can't wait to see the movie version of this.

3. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    it looks weird maybe because i was waving my hand in each shot and just took some screenshots of the footage i shot through premiere. i am not a red sox fan, i just have a pedro martinez shirt. well after i do this test i will try lightsaber duel using clones. but, ohh, man, will that be hard?!

4. crazylegs1138

crazylegs1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    There was a video of Clay Kronke fighting himslef with a lightsaber. I don't know where the file is, but if I find it, I will post a link. Anyway, I heard he timed the choreography to music. But still, good luck :)

5. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    What Crazylegs said looks to me like interlaced footage to me. Which means that still was taken from video, I presume? My guess is you used the background plate + mask method too, huh?

Carl

6. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    actually what I did is instead of taking 10 minutes to do it in AE I just did in paint in 30 seconds. I took the picture of the person on the right and put it into a blank image on paint. I then opened a new file in paint and cut the right side of the picture off for the picture with the person on the left. I stuck that half of the picture on the left side of the picture with me on the right. I hope that makes sense.

Aaron

7. CarlCampbell

Jul 28, 2002
    It does, but you wouldn't take 10 min in AE ;)

PAINT RULEZ!!

Carl

8. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    I have finishe the clone clip although it is only like 1.5 seconds long. So should I post it in this thread when it is done uploading or start a new thread for it?

9. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    post it here please!

10. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
  11. CarlCampbell

Jul 28, 2002
    Thats cool, AWB, but that doesnt really make any difference from a still shot. You should add some sort of interaction, the easiest being one of you shoots the other or something like that. If you want to go even further, try out Ryan's "check nab" shot ;)

Carl

12. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    ::pops in from nowhere::
    My Check Nab Clip
    ::laughs maniacly and runs away::

:p jk

Um, on a serious note, am I the only one having problems trying to view that movie file? I've tried dropping it in the address bar and even typing the link into a fresh window and can't get it. Anybody else having this problem?

13. Sauja-Dupen

Sauja-Dupen Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 1999
  14. Admiral_Ant

Admiral_Ant Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    whoa! now thats nice ry! I can't see any transition.....jeez.....

15. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    If anyone is still having trouble with my angelfire site, I set up a small site on a free server that is running from my computer. There are only two problems:

1. The IP address changes every time I sign off and get back on.

2. I have 56K still, hopefully getting cable soon.

Well, here is the link:
    http://aaronfxsite.cjb.net/

Aaron

P.S.

This is kind of a weird story. Last night before I went to bed, I was trying to do another clone FX clip. But since I didn't get any sleep the night before, no sleep at all, I was messing with the clips in AE and my clone ended up walking through the mirror in my room, not sure at all how I did it though. I have a save for web version that's 105 kb and a .avi version that is like 13 megs. If people here are interested in seeing it, I will post it on my free server.

Edit: Fixed link.

16. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Yes, very good. I can see it now.

And a fine job you did. Your masking is invisible and you accomodated your shadfow on the wall nicely. Well done. :)

17. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    well, thanks for the positive feedback, and the link is here. If you want to either download it to your hard drive or if the link doesn't work then click here and click on "Clone - Through Mirror" or right click and save target as.

tell me what you think.

Aaron

18. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
  19. CarlCampbell

Jul 28, 2002
    Heh, saw that earlier, not much to say, just looks like an error to me, doesnt seems hes actually going in to the mirror, although you COULD do that....

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.