main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Clone Reconditioning, what is it?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Obi1Goosie2043, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi1Goosie2043

Obi1Goosie2043 Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2014
    I have been trying to find a good article online about this but can't find anything, I looked at wookipedia and still nothing, and google doesn't seem to come up with any decent search results. The best definition I can find about this is that they used to 'kill' clones that they thought that were defective.'
    I also wonder what were some of the reasons why certain Jedi hated clones? Any help would be great!

ps, I am new here so I have no idea where I should post this!

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Moving to EUC.

3. REJECTED

REJECTED Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    From what I've gathered, some Jedi disliked the clones for not being "real", since they were vat-grown. I think maybe they though the clones couldn't be able to make the right decisions if they had no chance to be force-attuned and were basically just cannon fodder. Plus, they had no real stake in the war, their only job is to defend the people who "created" them.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    To quote Yoda in TCW:

"Clones you may be - but the Force resides in all things. Use it you can, to quieten your mind."

BultarSwan likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can you give any examples?

Also while we are at it - why do the padawan Jusik in RC: Hard Contact seems to think that the clones should act similar to droids? Not only have it been three months for him to meet many of them and here about them from other jedi but there is also that one of the “selling points” for the clones were that they were not droids.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I always took that to be his surprise at them having actual "personalities" and not simply being "organic droids". Yes they might have been sold as being superior to droids and able to think independently, but they were also supposed to be less independent that the original host and would follow any order. I think the degree to which they were independent/human is what surprised him. As to the timeline, well apparently he hadn't met any up until that time, or at least interacted with them enough to form a more informed opinion.

[​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Obi1Goosie2043

Oct 18, 2014

Well there was Pong Krell who saw the clones and inferior, and manipulated and deceived them into fighting and killing each other. He said he was surprised Rex and the clones could figured it out. There were other Jedi, but I forget their names. I want to write a fanfic about a group of clones that get put in charge of a JEDI general that despises them. I am just wondering how best to describe why these Jedi would think of them as ``less than human`.
    Also, what is RC: hard contact...

8. Obi1Goosie2043

Oct 18, 2014
    Also what do they do to clones that are reconditioned now...do they erase their memories, and give them new identities...because before they used to kill defective clones, until the Jedi got involved.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Double posting is considered spam. Please use the edit feature to add to a previous post and avoid double posting.

[​IMG]

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Republic Commando: Hard Contact

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.