main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

clone/storm trooper armor

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by darthbarracuda, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    why was it white? I know the Kaminoans had a different spectrum of vision, but when they created the phase II armor they knew more about the human anatomy. So why exactly was it still white. It really stands out and doesn't offer much camoflauge...

2. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Looks cooler?

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  3. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Why did Jedi wear brown? Why did Sith have red sabers? Arbitrary aesthetic choices made by higher-up artists.

4. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    a better question would be

why do they wear armour at all?

it doesn't give them any protection what so ever

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  5. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    It actually does. The plastoid armor (for stormtroopers at least) protects from slugs and projectile weapons, and low-level energy bolts from a blaster (ignore the Ewoks on Endor and the Talz on Ord Mantell). It also provides protection from the enviroment. plus it's intimidating. I just don't understand why it's completely white on the outside. Doesn't really blend in.

6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    ONLY NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND FIGHTING A WAR WOULD EVER USE A BLASTER ON LOW-LEVEL.
    Seriously, we've seen that armor defeated by sticks. Me in underwear could survive those sticks.
    In-universe, stormtroopers are even called "plastic boys". Because the armor doesn't work. Except maybe in physical brawls.

7. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    Bro look on wookieepedia. Technically the ewoks targeted the body suit that showed in the joints of the armor plating. That's where it was weak. And I'm not saying they would set their blasters lower. I'm saying some blasters were more powerful than others.

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Ewoks are smaht? [face_hypnotized]

9. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think it is just aesthetically pleasing, and the pristine white paired Vader, the dull grey of the Death Star, and the white of the Tantive IV gives cool colour schemes.

But...

I also remember reading some discussion about white and black... and how it represents differing personas of good and evil. (I don't remember the exact source...)

The Stormtroopers have the white, with black underneath, which in this case the white is the portrayal of good, and they seem to be protectors of the galaxy, but by having the black underneath, they are showing the truly menacing evil beneath the Empire's "façade". (Which ties into the "evil" black robes of Vader & Palpatine).

I might be reading too much into this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.