main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Clone Story Index v2. New Topic 12/25: New Story added and open for suggestions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by CloneCommunity, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Edit: resolved. :)

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    The best advice I can give you, brodiew, is to read about clones. There's the whole index open to you.:D Or try to borrow the books by Traviss. I can't say anything about the LotF books because I didn't read them, but the Republic Commando series is worth reading. Even though the kind of clone showed there may not really be representative...
    Just never forget, they're proud to be the best. [face_salute]

Sure you're in the right thread, Skalen?:confused:

3. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003

4. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003

5. CloneCommunity

CloneCommunity Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2008
    Okay, sorry for the mess up.
    I blame it on copying the old index.O:)
    Also, I promise to look out better for things like that from now on.[face_batting]

Okay?[face_worried]

6. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Thank you. I don't know why I didn't notice it before from the original index. I won't name the original perpetrator. Anyway, sorry about the stink. Let's have some clone fun. I'm currently writing more clone stories as I've been inspired by the RC Books and the game since its release three years ago. I'm also thoroughly enjoying the TV series immensely! :D

7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    No problem. [:D]
    Mistakes happen and I am not ashamed to admit them.

Ah! Now you're talking.
    More clones is always a very good thing.[face_mischief]

Right now I'm only doing those poetry-drabbles and worshop challenges. But I'll only ever update that index if tehre's a story not by me, too.[face_not_talking]

I think, with the series, many people who would never have touched clone stories are now more open to the idea of them. :)

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I agree. I really enjoyed the recent episode 'Rookies'. Though these clones look more like stormtroopers.

I'm including my new clone OC, in at least one of my drabbles each week.

9. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    Proud as one can be, to finally be able to add to this index with stuff that's not mine.[face_dancing]
    People, pm me about your clone stories or they might get lost in the depths of these boards.[face_batting]

Not new to clones, Corellian_Ale and his entry for the Diary Challenge 2009: Army of One Man?

Also for that Challenge, both new to the index, welcome [:D]
    Takianna with I Am - Diary of a Clonetrooper
    and
    CPL_Macja with My Body, His Mind

And me again with an entry for the UDC3: Unnumbered Impossibilities

Now for a new topic. Clones and diaries. Why?[face_confused]
    What would they write down and for who?
    Is it making sense?[face_thinking]

10. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Glad to be here! Oya! Love those clones.

11. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    Welcome two new entries to the Index, though the stories have been around a little longer already. =D=

Author: Terek Deckard
    The Sandtrooper's Story ? Part I
    Summary: This is the Original Trilogy from an alternate perspective
    Starring: Sandtroopers of the 104th Moisture Farm Patrol
    And also with: Luke, Ben, Vader, Han, Chewbacca, Yané

And it's sequel

The Sandtrooper's Story ? Part II

Discussion topic: Clones as Traitors?

I'm simply assuming many of uy have seen episode 16 of Season one 'The Hidden enemy'.
    What do you think of the idea?

12. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Hello. Newbie here.
    And don't worry about telling me about clones, cause I know enough about them.

I think it's actually sort of cool that a clone would betray the Republic. I mean, at least it shows that clones aren't all loyal to the Republic.

Well, not counting Order 66...

~Shame, that everyone's the same, I thought you stood alone, were different from the clones~
    (Lyrics from Ash - Clones)

Anyway...
    I know this is an extremely weird question, but does anyone think Rex and Ahsoka make a cute couple?

XD

13. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    If she wasn't 14!

Sorry. I've been discussing the Rex/Ashoka angle with some other people.

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Not a pairing I like because she's so friggin young. And so far I have not seen her act adult enough to warrant a fast relationship. Sorry girl. *pats Ahsoka on head*
    But there seem to be people out there who like it. *shrug*

I really like the idea of clone traitors, they have such potential. Not mentioning action and fighting, tehre's also laods of drama to be ahd there and sneaky motivationing of characters. I think Hidden Enemy was good on the topic but it has potential for so much more.

And isn't what Kal and his boys are doing betrayal, too?[face_thinking]

15. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    If you think about it rex is younger than ahsoka she is to old for him
    but clone traitors are a good idea it shows the non star wars EU readers that the clones are not all the same and that some can even have very idependant thoughts

16. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    No stealing of my jokes, Revan.[face_shame_on_you]
    :p

Independently from who you'd ship her with, IMO Ahsoka's too young for anthing but first flings.
    Anyway, IIRC, current policy is to treat clones as being of their accelerated age, not the actual years tehy're old. So a 10-year clone would be treated like a 20-year young man.

Even if we take it for granted that clones are capable of indipendent thought, what would it take to bribe one to betray his brothers?[face_thinking]

17. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    a way out of the GAR that's not death

18. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Live and see all his brothers die?o_O
    I'd think he'd have some friends in there, most seem to bond closely within their units...

19. Darthrevan4ever

May 3, 2008
    yes but maybe they think that have showed thier brothers that there is a way out. and if they can't see what the republic is doing to them than they are to blind to ever see that they are slaves to the republic.

just a thought

I think it depends on the clone since they are all diferent some never doubt the republic others have doubts but never voice them others might desert.

20. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    Okay, I have seen some stories in Saga (though none were submitted to the index [face_shame_on_you] ) dealing with clones and love.

So let's talk about that.

21. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    By the Force, no.

Clones should NEVER, EVER be with those half their age(or double. come to think of it).
    They don't look like kids, they don't act like kids, they aren't treated like kids, and they fight in a war with BIG GUNS. THEY ARE ADULTS, leave your infatuation at the door along with your shoes, please.

(Oh, and they're Badass. Do you know one single kid who is Badass?)

As for a proper romance, sure, but don't follow KT's example and pair one of 'em with a Jedi, you won't do it as well as KT, so don't bother. And no SSR with another clone, either, get yo mind outta the toilet.

A real relationship would be tricky because if one writes a romance as he/her sees it in their lives, it would never work. The clones are extraordinary men in extraordinary circumstances, therefore, any love scenario you(as the author) write them into must also be equally extraordinary. KT's way of doing this was to have one and a Jedi become an item, but again, don't copy her, create something of your own.

Nice to see you running this place, Lanna, I should've known it'd be you. Cheers.

22. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Of course, it's me Rexi. What did you expect? Clones for free? I'm in. :p

And I wasn't only taking Rexoka. I also meant the Bly!Aalya fic in Saga. ;)

You know I agree on the topic Rex/Ahsoka. Except if she's grown up, not sure if Rex'll live long enough to see that happen, not to emntion her.:p

I just wonder about love in general.
    Looking at the enviroment they grow up in, I wonder if the concept of 'romantic love' means anything to them at all.
    Dar's first reactions to Etain come to mind.
    The biggest problem I see is that love (unlike a crush, fling or casual sex) needs a certain amount of time spent together. It is difficult to make that credible.
    And I also wonder if a clone would recoginze 'romantic love' at all even if it bit him in the butt.:p

Oh, and like it or not, Rexi, in a story to come, I will copy Traviss and have a clone and a padawan become an item.:p

23. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008

Um... me. :cool:

And Rex, all do respect my friend, I have to disagree with you about romance and clones, and how authors wouldn't be able to pull it off. I think certain people who may have RL experiences with soldiers should be able to do a well enough job getting the dynamics right...

Why did I not notice this little slice of heaven before Lanna?!?!

I'm not sure either. It's not an emotion they have experience with, but I would think, as in Dar's case, would see it as something... different, and recognize it as something. Almost as if the clones, although physically mature would only be going through their emotional puberty once they're out and about experiencing the galaxy as a whole.

24. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I guess, they'd recognise it as something, Ale, but I don't think they'd know about the routines and common exchanges the idea of 'love' usually works with.
    Dates, flowers, all those phrases coined to express love - should be foreign country to them. And the more foreign, the less contact they had iwth 'normal' life.

I think it's exciting. The possibilities are endless.[face_thinking]

25. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    I would think that the idea of "romantic love" would be what a child would have. I say this only because I'm experiencing the ups and downs of having elementary school age children who are strange about what they would call "love." I would consider what a clone would feel akin to that kind of wonderment that an eight or nine year old would have of the opposite sex. Maybe almost a friendship where you pick on the girl or something like that. If she could field strip a blaster, then all the better, right? That is what I see as the "romantic love" of a clone. Childlike and the very core of how we begin our lives in the game of love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.