main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Index Clone Story Index v2. New Topic 12/25: New Story added and open for suggestions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by CloneCommunity, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneCommunity

CloneCommunity Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2008
    Sorry for the long delay. The sock-wearer was locked away in an online game.

Again, no submissions to this index. :_|

But a new topic, may it spark discussion.

[hl=darkred]Clone Quotes[/hl]

Have you ever come upon a quote or something similar and thought: Now that is (my) clones down to a t?
    Share them with us.
    Add a few words if you like.[face_batting]

2. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    "So what if I Sergeant Kal's boys can speak Mando? We all should have been flashed a number of non-basic languages. For three million guys being thrust into the galaxy, we can be pretty bloody one dimensional sometimes."
    - Aviss, RC-2608 (OC) to members of his orginal squad during the final weeks of training before the Battle of Geonosis.

(maybe I missed the point of this excercise... :p)

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    A lovely quote. [face_laugh]

Of course you did, when don't you, Ale? :p
    But nobody said clones can't make quote that describe clones perfectly. ;)

I'll venture something completely non-SW related:

We may be the haunted men
    but we will hold our heads high when
    we're walking down the street of dreams

- The Damned, Street of Dreams

Considering each of my stories can be called a 'street of dreams' it works very well. Also with the connotation that 'walking down the street of dreams' simply means 'to die'.

4. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Considering I keep killing off my favorite clone, this might be appropriate, but I see it more as the way a person in command would look at their own men.

5. CT-770492A3

CT-770492A3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2009
    Eh, clone thread? Why didn't I see this earlier?...
    Well... kind of new here, but I guess my username speaks for itself...

Quotes...er...

As to the index, I might contribute something at some point - currently working on something sporadically. And then I have to figure out PMing... [face_worried]

6. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    rise thread

hey, are there any vode out there still writing killer clone/mandalorian action fics?

There used to be a smorgasbord of authors; CodyMon, Kudzu, etc. Where have all the action guys gone? Is there any new blood?

7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Welcome CT.[:D]
    Looking forward to finding your pm in the index's inbox.:D
    Did you find a quote by now?

@Ale

Kudzu is not around much (if at all) anymore. Preid this thread from his fingers. [face_blush]
    Cody just resurfaced in the OC Revolucion, you're the boss there, make him come here.:p

New blood seems to be far and few between, and also avoiding this thread. :_|

I'll return to write about Dave in a bit if that counts for anything.[face_batting]

Quote: human, everything but free - [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtlB00UdIDY]Behind The Scenes, Human [/link]

8. CT-770492A3

Mar 27, 2009
    Don't know if this counts, but...

?I LIKE BLUE.?
    - EDPM-3900578 (OC droid)

I think I'll keep looking...

New blood...well...I'm not exactly a fast writer...

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I might eventually find myself inspired to do at least a Viggie about a Clone Trooper or Two. Because I'm so attached to Karen's work myself I might try and go in a completely different direction just to entertain myself[face_mischief]

"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal from the A-Team [face_skull]

10. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    You give me the bunnies, Rob.:oops:
    But since it's your quote I will patiently wait for the story where clone-sarge says it. It's a lovely image.:D

11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I actually have something in mind for the post Order 66 era, but I don't think I'll start including the A-Team quotes lest I need to "Pity the fool!" and pay Mr. T some royalties. :p

12. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    10 "Ale points" if you can find a way to fit in "I ain't gettin' on no plane!" :p

13. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    LMAO! Love the idea of clones as the A-team! Can't wait to see it!

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, here's the deal: should I get a season of A-Team I'll do a kinda crossover with a clone squad acting like the A-Team. [face_laugh] I can even see the names: Boss, Face. Mad Em and B(ad)A(aaaah-, can't say that here). [face_thinking]

BA: I ain't gettin' on no plane!

Boss: I love it when a plan comes together. You drive, BA.

Mad Em: Nuts! Friends!

Face: *headdesk* What did they put into your vats, vode?o_O

15. CT-770492A3

Mar 27, 2009
    Last line is about right...

The "plane" in "I ain't gettin' on no plane!" would have to be changed to something else though. (Gunship, starfighter, dewback, rancor... :confused: )

16. CT-770492A3

Mar 27, 2009
    OK, non-SW-related quote here...

"No man is an Island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee."
    - John Donne

Fairly popular literary quote; actually applies to all human societies/people in general.

Thoughts? [face_worried]

17. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    I think that quote can apply two-fold.

Of course the whole "one man is part of a bigger society" can reference to each clone soldier's overall piece of the GAR itself, and not one is more imporant than the other.

On a grander scale, there is the notion of how although not naturally concieved, clones ARE a part of the bigger picture of humanity, and shouldn't be dismissed as not.

18. CloneCommunity

CloneCommunity Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2008
    I am happy to finally have another story to add to the index.
    Take note and have a look at:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/30644047/p1/?0]ARC[/link] by CT--770492A3

Timeframe: late Clone Wars
    Characters: ARC clone trooper (OC), OC droid(s), OC CIS scientists/researchers, OC Jedi
    Genre: Drama, angst (?), some (scattered) humor
    Keywords: clone, ARC, anonymity
    Summary: An ARC trooper infiltrates a Separatist research facility to gather intel and ends up in a bigger pile of osik than expected.

Since the year is almost done, and this has been a quiet one, let's hear some suggestions how to bring more life into this thread!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.