main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Clone Trooper Workshop Challenge #1 Response Thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kudzu, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Good Guys Wear White - The Clone Trooper Discussion Workshop

Describe one of the following battles through the eyes of a clone OC of any flavor you desire (that makes sense, anyway; i.e. there wouldn't be ARC troopers at the Battle of Geonosis, clone commandos at the Battle of Coruscant, or Null-ARCs at the Battle of Kashyyyk): the Battle of Geonosis, the Battle of Krant, the Battle of Thule, the Battle of Muunilist, the Battle of Mon Calamari, the First Battle of Kamino, the Second Battle of Kamino, the Battle of Coruscant, the Battle of Utapau, or the Battle of Kashyyyk. Use at least 1,500 words, please. First-person and third-person perspectives are both permissable. And last but not least, have fun!

This is the response thread; in other words, you gotta story you wrote for this challenge? You post it here. Or you post a link to it. Either way works.

Give it your best shot, clone-lubbers! [face_grin]

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    As said in the GGWW-Thread, I'm posting the first part of my fic now, the second part will be following later today. I'll post the first part here in this thread, but once I finished the whole thing, I'm opening my own thread for it.

But for now, here's my entry, I hope you enjoy it:
    Thanks to Antilles2001 for spotting some errors...

EDIT: I removed my entry from this post and posted my own thread for it, here: http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/22917256/p1/?0

3. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    First reply?

[More here when I can get around to it]

4. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Excellent beginning! That was a rather near-death experience for Necro and his squad. The differences you add in between the clones are quite visible and well-done, and I'm eager to read the rest of this entry! :)

5. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Can't wait for your comments! :D

Vor entye! :) [face_blush] I had a bit difficulties in imagining how the parachuting worked, so I just took an easier way.

Heh, indeed. :D

Vor'e again, ner vod! But I have to admit, that I haven't continued writing yet... with a very huge bit of luck, the second part will be up in a few hours, but I actually doubt it. Tho, I promise it will be up some time tomorrow. ;)

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This should be an interesting challenge! I look forward to reading all of the respones. And [:D] for creating a thread for them. Your neighborhood indexers thank you! :D

7. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    "You heard him right," Necro shouted out after Day and his team had gone through the tunnel-entrance. "Let's do this quick and clean, and stay alive, or I'll get a Wookiee to tear your arms and legs of if you don't! Move it, squads!"

No offense, but I found this odd. :p So, if one dies, he'll have a Wookiee rip off their limbs as well? o_O

But as for the rest of the fic, nice job. I think you could have really gone further into describing the freefall at the beginning, though. :)

Now, the highlight of this part was the ominous marching of the droids advancing on the comparitively tiny squad. Very nice. :)

8. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Mhh... that's one's sorta hard to explain. It's just to underline that they better watch their lives, for they won't only be dead then but something worse in addition. It's nonsense, for sure, but it's a joke, y'know. Haven't you ever heard something like that?

I dunno what freefall feels like, and IMO it's rather hard to describe... but thanks, anyway. :)

Thanks! I thought it would be. :D

9. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Yes, I know what it's trying to be. Morbid humor from the boss, example:

"First one who dies take it in the ass from ME!" - Sgt. Banks, Halo

Basically a harsh joke saying "Don't die on me". I'm not naive. :) I just find that it flows well is all and comes off as something that might make his boys roll their eyes.

10. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    I just finished writing the second part, but I've gotta go through it once more, and it's late here in Germany, so you've gotta wait one more day. ;)

And c'mon, where are the other entries? :( Only 13 more days, burc'yase...

11. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Well, I removed the first part of my entry from this thread and opened my own thread:

Wings of Glory - Battle of Utapau
    by Corran_Fett

Please post your comments to this, there. It's a full story (6,000+ words) now, not divided in two parts, but I marked the line where the second part would be.

Hope you'll enjoy reading it. :)

and still waiting for the other entries...

12. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Alright, didn't want Corran_Fett to have to go to the dance alone...definatly not at 6,000 words (maybe a third that); but it was fun regardless. I still suck at action though...[face_blush]

I picked the Battle of Kashyyyk, cause I'm a "Wookiee" type of guy. I also focused on the Scout Troopers you see all throughout RotS:
    Aruetii

I've only written one clone fic previously, so if it's filled with inacuracies, you pros let me know so I can avoid the same mistakes next time.
    Regardless if no one else enters Kudzu, you should keep this going...it's damn cool.

13. DarkLordRising

DarkLordRising Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    I've posted my story "The Battle of Geonosis" here

14. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Don't count me out just yet. ;) And you don't suck at writing action.

You really suck at writing action. :p

Corny jokes aside, you did fine, corellian_ale. :)

15. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    And finally, here's mine.

Leader's Promise

'Bout that very first clone trooper we see at the Battle of Geonosis. :)

16. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Okay, so this was it.

Not many contributants, but it's a good start, I think...

Let's hope to get more challenges of that kind, in future. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.