main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clone Troopers and Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Aug 6, 2014.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    How do you want the clones to be portrayed in Rebels, if they do make an appearance?

In the old EU, I believe some (though the numbers decreased as natural born recruiting became more popular) of the jango clones in the dark times era were not old men because more clones became troopers even after the clone wars. In other words not all clones were veterans of the clone wars.

Should this be shown in the new canon? Or should the only jango clones shown be old men who survived the clone wars?

What about clones from other templates (there were clones beyond just jango's template that were put in service in the old EU)?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Just like the stormtroopers were in the OT.

kubricklynch likes this.
  3. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Apparently they now all have 99's job. Biologically they're like, 60.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    How fast do clones age anyway? Would it really be that fast?

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not expecting TCW clones to show up because of the accelerated aging process.

6. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Double, so two years for every one. They'd probably be able to hit 60, tops, by which point they'd be 120 biologically.

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Oh, okay. Thanks. I wasn't sure how that worked.

8. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'd rather not see any clones in Rebels, except maybe for a cameo of some sort. It'd be nice seeing an older clone commander such as Cody teaching some stormtrooper recruits.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love the idea that the 501st was still composed of clones during the OT. The 501st should be the best of the best and Vader always seemed like a purist when it came to military matters.

10. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I'd rather see only Jango clones in 'Rebels' instead of the assorted Disney Classics Memorial cast ... yes, as protagonists. Both veterans and youngsters. But since I can't have that, I'll opt for 79% stormies, 15% clone veterans and 5% other imps. 1% can go to the 'rebels' who might appear in Holonews from distant worlds, shown in the background of some scene or other.

11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    This assumes that the accelerated ageing continues throughout their lives and doesn't stop when they reach biological adulthood.

Remember in AOTC when Taun We and Lama Su were giving Obi-Wan a tour of the plant and telling him about the whole process. They described it as "growth acceleration" FWIW.

Darth_Pevra and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  12. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Well, it did in the old EU, I guess whether that is still true remains to be seen. (I don't think any of the current canon says definitively one way or the other- I could be wrong.)

But I would like to see some clones. I said in the Lit thread how great it would be to see a whole bunch of old *** clones revolt from their menial labor and fight stormtroopers. Besides, it interests me to see how the Empire treats clonetroopers.

13. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    this is the only gripe I have with Rebels at the moment,that they didn't have the guts to keep stormtroopers clones..that would have given the show an extra interesting edge given we spent 6 seasons and 2 movies cheering for them

14. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    I was under the impression that the clones stopped growing x2 when they reached maturity

Darth_Pevra and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    This is the way some people have interpreted the phenomena, yes.

Myself? I'm still undecided and would like to hear some clarification on the matter embedded within in a canon production.

16. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    My feeling is that the stormtroopers will probably be shown as super incompetent (missing targets, generally being cannon fodder), which is largely inconsistent with what we saw in TCW. Anyone remember "Missing in Action", where the single amnesiac clone Gregor literally destroys hundreds (OK, maybe dozens) of droids single handedly? Even from the seven minute preview, we know stormtroopers are going to be doofuses (catching live grenades and whatnot). AND, we know there's a stormtrooper academy (from the Visual Guide). And didn't Filoni say that while TCW was about making clones into people, Rebels wants to portray the Empire turning people into clones? That's not bad, thematically. So my guess is that they're going to gloss over the clone question.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a few remaining clones, maybe in positions of command, or better yet (as darklordoftech said) as members of the 501st. Maybe see some clone commandos go after Ezra and co.? A grizzled Commander Rex, torn between duty and guilt? Could be cool.

17. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Not showing ANY clones is a missed opportunity. Biologically, there would still be clones produced in the army around the time of ROTS that would only be 30 years old, or younger. Even the oldest of veterans would be 54, which isn't too old when you consider Boba himself was running and gunning in the EU well into his 60s.

I understand the desire to de-emphasize the clones from the stormtrooper corps, but to have none show up at all? That's a missed opportunity. Between the Empire and the Rebellion, at least a few would still be active. I'd be shocked if we never see ANY Jangos, ever.

Also, in the old EU, the 501st was producing Jango clones until at least 12BBY, and Jango clones were used in major battles in Episodes IV and V, still part of Vader's fist.

Soldiers in fiction often can fight well into their 50s and even sometimes 60s. Why not soldiers bred entirely for combat?

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What I'm curious about is what incident or incidents made Palpatine decide to stop clone production. Did other Fives-like incidents occur? Did a Kamino uprising occur? Did ambitious officers use the clones in attempts to take over the Empire?

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm not sure if some here are merely hoping that we get some clones eventually or assuming that because we haven't seen any yet we never will, but I hope it's the former.

20. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007

Yes, this has always interested me, too.
    I think it really does need to be addressed.

21. kenneth

kenneth Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2014
    darklordoftech The Star wars battlefront 2 story already explored this scenario. In the story the kaminoans basically Were making the own private Clone army to combat the empire because the kamimoans we not in agreement with the empire. This is the cause of the second battle of kamino. The empire won the battle and defeated the kaminoans private army and the emperor basically stop using jangos dna template because if the kaminoans Clone uprising. So he started using a diverse Gene pool and the original jango clones dissaprove of this for obvious reasons.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't forget Head-Banger from ANH -

there was a strong hint in AOTC commentary that he was a Jango clone and that Lucas put in a scene with Jango bumping his head as a reminder of this.

23. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Lucas did say that so we know there must be a few leftovers. I would like to see a few of the popular clones appear, but with grown accelaration they would have passed by now. I would like an uprising from the Kaminoan conflict, and have several clones fighting stormies like Battlefront 2. A great opportunity!! (What the prequels should've had!)

24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    yea, they were still making Clones into the Empire, and not just of Jango's template and perhaps of really inferior quality, haha. Kamino made clone armies before for other clients, I guess under the Empire they were exclusive and sole clients. But certainly there is other cloners or facilities outside of Kamino that could create their own Clone armies.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=109069

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/05/13/lucas-spills-star-wars-secrets

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Nah. The earliest Jango clones were said to be created ten years prior to AOTC (or 32 BBY), right?

With Rebels picking up the story in 5 BBY (and with growth occurring at twice the natural rate), any surviving first-generation Fett-clones would still only be at a relative age of, say, 54 years old by the time we meet the crew of the Ghost.

So, not only could a whole mess of Clone War veterans still be hanging around the galaxy, but given their history, training, etc., I'd wager that a good amount might still be in pretty decent fighting shape.

Incidentally, I absolutely agree with you - I'd love to see some of our favorites turn up in the series! And hey, if the Fate of the Clones thread tells us anything, it's that we're not alone in wanting to learn more about them, either. :D

Sgt Crowfield and whostheBossk like this.