main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Clone Troopers or Storm Troopers?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by skyrimcat9416, Jan 26, 2014.

?

Clone Troopers or Storm Troopers?

1. Clone Troopers

98 vote(s)
    60.1%
  2. Storm Troopers

65 vote(s)
    39.9%
  1. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    The clones in the movies were brilliant - a cross between Terminators and Spartans. Absolutely no nonsense and able to keep up with the Jedi as befitting of their Mandalorian and bounty hunter heritage.

Unless we're talking the Clones in TCW, then Stormtroopers for sure. Both seem to have the same combat prowess (i.e Zilch), but at least the latter don't cry for their brothers every time they enter a battlefield.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This.

I really liked the clones in the movies, and I liked what was done with them in early seasons of the show, especially Rex's relationship with Anakin and Ahsoka, and Cody's with Obi-Wan, which we had seen a bit of in ROTS.

Definitely could have done without the whole brotherhood/"we're so misunderstood" stuff that was going on in later seasons though.

Stormtroopers though: "Look sir, droids!" "TK-421, why aren't you at your post?" and the head-bumper. They were either hilarious or scary because you knew Vader was right behind them.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Stormtroopers are impossible to take seriously. I loathe the design of the helmet, they never kill anyone of note, they lose to the Ewoks...

The Snow and Scout troopers were improvements however.

4. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015
    Stormtroopers because of the nostalgia of OT.

Maybe the reason that I'm not a great fan of the clonetroopers is because AOTC and ROTS are poor movies and the clonetroopers most of the time look too artificial.

5. Camarasaur8

Camarasaur8 Jedi Master

Mar 24, 2013
    Are the clones considered stormtroopers as soon as they execute Order 66 onwards?

6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I wrote that I'm preferred stormtroopers over clones in the unpopular thread, however my perspective of the clones has changed. I now like both clones and stormtroopers equally.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  7. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    Clone Troopers easily, even not taking into account their development in TCW they are just more competent and pull off cooler action bits. Taking that development into account, well then with the Clone Troopers I have an actual reason to get emotionally invested to the point where they might just be my favorite thing in all of Star Wars. With Stormies there's really nothing beyond how iconic they are to make me care about them, ironically the solider's with the same face are much less faceless than the force of recruits. And as a fighting force their nearly as incompetent as the CIS Droid Army without the benefit of having actual elite troops like Droideka to pick up the slack.

Im honestly surprised that the poll is close at all really.

8. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    No, they were still clones until their armor got replaced. Then they were really only half storm trooper because they still had better training and were from a clone template.

9. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    Cody, Imperial Battalion Commander, Operational Log (excerpt):
    Since the Empire has redirected the clone trooper program to other pursuits and stepped up recruiting inferior humans from the Outer Rim, the operational effectiveness of this army has declined significantly. The stormtroopers in my own battalion are expendable buffoons. They have neither common sense, nor sense of their own surroundings. Just today I witnessed a new recruit hit his head on a blast door during maneuvers. Blasted idiots! What a disgrace to the heritage and legacy of a once truly incredible fighting force.
    As one of the last clones in service today, few others can share in my disdain for these men. I'd sacrifice an entire platoon of new stormtrooper recruits for just one real clone trooper. If the clone template were still alive, I think he'd kill them all himself.
    ---------
    I'd take clone troopers.

10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    That's from the Force Unleashed Two, isn't it? The databank entries in that game were really unique and interesting, much better than the dry biographies in TFU 1.

11. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    Clones - I love the comradery and that they were able to keep their head held high throughout the war.
    The artwork they drew on their gunships. [face_laugh] naughty boys....

Saga Explorer and Iron_lord like this.
  12. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    The clones were very artistic. Have you seen the concept art of the Bad Batch's gunship art? :p

Where did you find this? It's hilarious and awesome. Also interesting to see Cody's ideas of the Stormtroopers. The remark about Jango killing all the Stormtroopers made me lol.

13. Stopmotionkai

Stopmotionkai Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2014
    I have to go with clones. I watched both trilogys growing up at the same time and clones just stuck with me more.

14. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    It's from The Force Unleashed 2 databanks.

15. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    I'm going with clones. They have the upper hand because some of them have their personalities developed in TCW. Plus they seem more competent than stormtroopers.

16. Darth Azerous

Darth Azerous Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    Clones for sure, they seem much better at they're job.

17. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Clone Troopers. Better armor and better at handling guns. I also like the blue bolts. Furthermore, I love the clones in TCW, it makes me even sadder that they were all manipulated by Order 66. Realistically, I do like the army consisting of more than just clones of one person, but I still prefer the Clones over the Stormtroopers.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Poor stromtroopers

Forever the worst shots in film history.

19. Uncivilized

Uncivilized Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2015
    Ok I had to take a step back and get a different perspective here. I grew up with Stormtroopers, so the clones were never the real deal. In terms of action combat the clones definitely win that vote. But in the PT the clones were going head on with mostly droids with limited intelligence. In the OT the Stormies were definitely fighting more intelligent and elusive enemies. Now they did seem to miss alot so I would have to assume that their training was a bit lacking or that maybe they were rushed through boot camp (this also reflects the arrogance of the empire). Yes the little teddy bears did kick their behinds but the little teddy bears obviously knew how to fight well in their own environment. I do recall a lot of dead rebels in the Tantive IV at the beginning of ANH meaning that they weren't totally worthless. Another theory for the Stormtroopers' seeming ineptness might be that the empire recruited such a large number of soldiers that the best talent was spread out around the empire.

Come on Stormtrooper fans, help me out here...

20. BriXman

BriXman Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2015
    Because of the Clone Wars I, as pretty much everyone else who liked the Clone Wars, love the clones. Their equipment and looks are awesome to me, and they look a lot more badass and less goofy as the stormtroopers, and just look like they know what to do. The stormtroopers are awesome though, and I hope to change my opinion on who's the best when Episode 7 comes out, with the first order.

21. JRB

JRB Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2015
    Clone troopers would crush storm troopers. Think storm troopers look cooler though

22. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Storm Troopers, as they are more terrifying due they are not personalized and are more uniformed in the OT.

23. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Clone Troopers FTW

Strormtroopers are forever doomed to parody. Even the Tantive IV scene impresses me more then I fear them.

Clones heading to the Jedi Temple for some violent counter insurrection scares the **** out of me. Clones got it locked n loaded 24/7......

24. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    It's true that neither clones nor stormtroopers are able to hit characters with the plot armor but at least with clones, it's done in a more believable way. And they remain effective even after switching sides (Order 66). Stormies are supposed to be the elite troops and they just don't look like that (except maybe Hoth). Only times they're intimidating is when they have Vader with them.

25. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I like the aesthetics of the Clones a lot, but I prefer Stormtroopers. :)