Clone Troopers v.s Storm Troopers

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by mandalorian67, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandalorian67 Jedi Padawan

I was just wondering how many of you guys like storm toopers more than clone troopers.

I personally like the clone troopers a lot more.

a)they live up to thier duties and seem to not run like the stormtroopers do.

b)I also find thier armor to look alot more intimidating.

2. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Master

star 4
    I can see by ur pic. I think the stormtroopers to be more intimidating, because they're an advancement on the clonetroopers, but when massed in groups the clone troopers do look like a more striking force
  3. GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think the clonetrooper's armor rock cause the helmets are sweeter and the whole color rank thing is nice.
  4. ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Well ever since ANH when the stormtroopers come busting out of the door blasting rebel guys on the Tantive, I've always liked them

The opening scene of the first SW movie I saw, they were just to cool, and it's hard to like the new guys over the ones you remember from way back when
  5. Benny_Blanco Jedi Master

star 4

I still think the stormies look more frightening, cos their helmets look a bit like skulls
  6. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    I thought stormtroopers were awesome, sort of like an unstoppable military arm of the Empire's might....

...and then one bumped his head, and I forever thought of them as the most stupid soldiers/policeman equivilants ever.

Clonetroopers are 10x better...in every aspect... [face_mischief] ;)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)
  7. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    I like stormies better, the whole skull-like helmet is more frightning!
  8. La_Capitan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would have to go with the stormtroopers, because they are just really cool. Thats all. Clones have a chance to steal the lead with Ep. III, so we shall see....
  9. Maulfly Moderator Emeritus

star 7
    Right now the clonetroopers don't have a "personality" of their own yet. Stormtroopers are in the lead for me, but then again, keep in mind the first movie I ever saw in a theater was ESB. Perhaps with EpIII that might change.

I DO admit that the clonetroopers are impressive and pretty cool, though. ;)
  10. Thok Force Ghost

star 6
    If i was to lead a group of men into battle, id rather it be clone troopers. They are far more loyal and will obey any and every order!
  11. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I would have to choose Clone Troopers,for their obedience.
  12. Maulfly Moderator Emeritus

star 7
    You didn't say which group I'd want to lead into battle. :p

In that case, obviously it would be the clonetroopers. [face_laugh]
  13. ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling

star 4
    and then one bumped his head

In case you didn't know, in Ep. 2 when Jango is getting aboard Slave 1 after his fight with Obi-wan he bumps his head on the lowering door

This was just a little joke Lucas said on the audio commentary he threw in because of the stormtrooper hitting his head and it showed where he got it from
  14. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    FH: Were you talking to me? In that case, I already knew that. ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)
  15. tun_dot_com Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just laugh whenever I see Storm Troopers. The way they stop, point and shoot, and STILL end up missing is just so funny. And then they usually end up getting shot by one of the good guys. At least with the Clone Troopers, they seem to be better soldiers.
  16. DARTHYODA3663 Jedi Padawan

I like both of them, but i personaly like the stormtroopers better. They are more intimidating that the clones. And they seem to have more of a mind of their own. The clone troopers are obedient though, but we know the stormtroopers a little better than the clones. And the stormtroopers have the best uniforms in all the movies( except darth vaders of course)
  17. lil_jedi_blondie Jedi Master

star 1
    I like the Clones better because they are awesome soldiers whereas the stormtroopers seem more like policemen.
  18. Jedi_Master201 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like clonetroopers better. Better soldiers, cooler armor.
  19. Dark-Vador Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Clonetroopers make the Stormtroopers look a little less powerful. Stormtroopers seem a little clumsy when you compare the two groups.
  20. The___ Jedi Knight

star 3
    Call me old school. Or would it be new school because they came after the clones?

I'm confused!

Anyway, my point: I like Stormtroopers better.
  21. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Wait til we see the newtroopers the cross between the the stormies and clonies. GL has already said the troopers will have a new bu old design. i wonder? how this is gonna look as far as who is better.I mean we only saw the clonies for 1 chapter but the stormies got 3 so its kinda onesided 1/3.
  22. MeBeJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "GL has already said the troopers will have a new bu old design."

Yes. New to the PT, but old to the OT. :D
  23. Mateo Jedi Master

star 4
    StormTroopers look more intimidating because their helmet designs are ugly,CloneTroopers look more professional and look nicer but the Stormies look just plain mean and nasty because the Empire decided it wanted to instill fear into the hearts of its citizens and enemies alike,its basically a Pychological thing, the Kaminoans designed the uniforms to look tough and militaristic the empire redesigned them to look deadly and menacing knowing that people would fear them, i agree that the clones have better aim but the stormtroopers cant be allowed to kill major heroes in the saga either only regular canon fodder like rebel soldiers.
  24. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    the final design for the stormies look more like Vaders helmet and the design for the clonies is more like Jango's and Boba's. In ep3 we should see the cross between the two. There has to be some kind of transition for the design of the uniforms just like the transition of all of the other charters.: Anakin/Vader, ObiWan, C3PO, Palpatine, Yoda,and any one else who has been thoughout the saga that has went though some type of change from ep1 to ep6.
  25. BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Knight

star 1
    after the clone wars are over, does the empire call them storm troopers because of kaminos(?) bad weather? ;)

but really i gotta go with the stormies on this debate.
    besides, clones only had to fight droids, where as storm's had living rebels
    like HAN said "good against a remote is one thing, good against a living..."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.