main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Clone War Cartoons

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cephas, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    Has anyone been following the Clone Wars series? It just gets better and better. I watched it with a couple others on Tuesday and the Arc Clones are just "all that"! The Seargant, (red arc trooper) was just The Man with his two gun fighting! I loved every second of it.

I wish they'd release more than just the four basic figs based on this series. I'd love a set of clones. Speaking of which, I NEED the red arc trooper and the new fully-articulated clone trooper being released later next year.

Is there any official listing of how many mature clones are in the Republic's employ?

-Cephas

2. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    I've been taping them back to back, trying to edit out any bantgha poodoo in between (semi-successful). By the December meet, we should have all 10 of the episodes together on tape for us to watch in it's entirety...

Not sure about the Clone Trooper head count, Cephas, but it must be referenced somewhere...

Rik

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I've been following along as well. It really has been something else. I'm not sure which one is my favorite yet though. It's a toss up between Ep1 and Ep3. Tonights episode looks to be very promising!

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I love these. Last night's was so cool, with the way the clones move silently using hand signals. Did anyone notice the nod to Jango with the gun twirling? hehe

5. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I think the clone wars cartoons are awesome and last night's episode was really cool. I found out on the episode 2 news page that there going to be running a clone wars cartoon marathon on the 21st of november on cartoon network. Episode's 1-5 are going to be shown at 7:30pm and episode's 6-10 are going to be shown at 9:30pm. They said there was going to be breaks but I'm not sure when there going to be. I'm going to be missing friday's episode because I'm going to a hockey game but jason is going to record it.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    After seeing what they've done with Asajj Ventress, I can't wait to see her again on tonights chapter!

7. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    So far I'd have to say that Chapter 8 is my favorite. Now is it just me or do the droids that are with Durge are from the IG series like IG-88? Anyone else notice this?

8. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    You're right john they do look like IG-88 because when I first saw chapter 4 I noticed the same thing. Last night's chapter was awesome but I think my favorite chapter's so far would have to be chapter's three, five, seven, and eight. I thought it was pretty cool at the end when you saw the pieces of durge's body coming back together almost like the t-1000 in t2. I also like how durge laughed at obi-wan when he thrust his lightsaber through his chest. I can't wait to see tonight's chapter.

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I think that they are called IG Lancer Droids. Probably some type of predecessor to the IG-88. Chapter 8 with Obi-Wan vs. Durge was very much like the fight between Arnold and the T-1000! It was also cool watching Obi-Wan blow up Durge from inside of him! It's an interesting spin watching the Jedi use the Force to deflect spike darts and flamethrower blasts too!

10. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    Is it just me or are the people on cartoon fridays extremely annoying? Anyway, megadittos about the show. How about that animation? That's about as close to CG as you can get without using CG. The last episode was awesome with Anakin taking out like 5 fighter sqaudrons Does anyone know what the ARC in ARC trooper stands for? The best I could come up with is Advanced Recon Clone. I would Rank the episodes: 3,10,8,9,1,2,5,7,4,6. (Bad guy triumphs suck) 8-} . What the heck is Durge? In part 4 he sounded like a Wookiee in the end. Is he like pure muscle or something? And also what did Kit Fisto do with that water ball in part 5? For the next season, there will probably be a Mace Windu episode or 2, one with Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee, 3 or 4 involving Anakin and Ventress, 1 or 2 with Padme and the Droids, and maybe a few others. 6 months to wait for the conlusion of an episode? That's just awful 8-} . Does anyone know if there will be a third season after the one in May? I hope so. By the way Rik, great job on getting the forum. I just got the Clone Wars for PS2 (yeah a little late, I know) it is awesome! Ulic Qel- Droma was a nice surprise. The graphics weren't that great but the vehicles made up for that greatly. The first person Jedi was better than Jedi Power Battles for PS1 and the Fighter Tank was a spectacular combination of speed and power. I bet the conquest multiplayer must be fun. I tried that part, but i don't have anyone to play it with. Seeya later! Rik, as for the head count on the ARC troopers, it's 1 Red guy, 2 Blue guys(one with the rocket launcher and 1 that takes out the AAT), and the rest are just lowly, colorless riflemen. What I thought was strange was that the ARC transport changed from dark blue to the standard transport red halfway through episode 2.

Jango

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Has anyone had a hard time watching Chapter 10 on the cartoon network web site? Whenever I try to watch it, I get a -2129 coming up on my Quicktime player and it never loads. Figures that I can only watch the series on the net, and this happens for Chapter 10?? Grrrrrrrrrr!! :mad:

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    You almost have it JangoFett3263827, it's "Advanced Recon Commandos". As for the explanation of Durge, take a few minutes to read this entry on the SW Databank about him, it's pretty interesting.

SW Databank-Durge

13. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Bravo, Rotag...That was a very interesting nugget of info. I sometimes forget how much reference material is out there for us, not that I have the time to go out there and enjoy it! Thanks, bro!

Rik

14. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    Head-count correction: 3 blue troopers, not 2 (2 riflemen and 1 bazookaman)

15. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys I just found out on the Fanforce News that the 2nd half of the Clone War Cartoons on the Cartoon Network will be airing on March 26th so we don't have to wait til May to see them.

16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Ok, so what did everyone think of last night's episode? Saw a little foreshadowing of Ep 4 Vader in Anakin when he had Ventress lined up in his sights 'I have you now...' :D. I can't wait to see the next Episode! By the way, if anyone watched the 5th preview trailer, you can hear General Grevious' voice at the end...

17. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    OMG>>>>!
    I totally miss it!!
    I've kicked myself all day. Hope someone out there get us all a copy......lol :D

Seeya!
    TK

18. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    TK, you can see the episode on www.cartoonnetwork.com.

It was pretty cool.. can't wait for Monday's ep!!

19. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey thanks,
    I almost forgot about the cartoon network link. lol
    It was a good one. I'll have to check out monday's show on cartoon network, Tuesday. lol :d I have to work 2 nite. Sucks. But I will check it out.
    Thanks again,
    TK

PS. Has anyone heard anything about these coming to DVD or anything as of yet? Just wondering.

SeeYa!!

20. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    WOW!!

How FREAKING AWESOME was chapter 13! Mase is the MAN! It's now one of my fav. It's was great. :D The ending was a little silly but all & all it was very cool.

SeeYa!
    TK

Chapter 14 tonite @ 8pm ENJOY!

21. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    Indeed. Mace Windu most definately kicks mass. But I also have to admit that the big stomper machine was sweet too. It's like controled meteor impacts where ever you want them. A nuke without the radiation.

22. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok,

Chapter 14 ............

Can anyone say.........

SWEET !!

It was very cool to see her make her saber with the crystal and become a true Jedi. Nice.

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

8pm cartoon network........ BE THERE ! lol :D

Seeya!
    TK

23. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    I would have to say that the Mace episode was the best of the whole series even though we haven't seen the rest of the episode's. Mace is the man and it was cool in Episode 13 to see him dismantle all those droids with the force. Episode 14 was awesome too and I agree with TK it was cool to see Bariss Offee construct her lightsaber and become a Jedi. Episode 15 was really cool also and it was awesome to see Yoda kick some butt. I can't wait to see the lightsaber battle between Anakin and Assaj Ventress and I'm looking forward to the Episode that General Grevious is in. So far the second season of Clone Wars cartoons has been action packed and I can't wait for it to come to DVD.

24. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    WoW!!

Again another GREAT one!! & I'll second you on that DJ that the battle w/ Anakin & Assaj Ventress looks to be sweet.

:D

SeeYa!!
    TK

25. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    I have to say by far the best episodes are the ones where little seen Jedi show that they indeed have sway over the galaxy by weilding the force for their cause.

Kit Fisto kicked butt under the water.
    Annakin shredded the droid fighters with unparralelled piloting skills.
    Mace... O.M.G.

as an aside the Ventress in the arena was sweet too. Though I was half distracted by noteing the mercinaries in the free for all. Thinking about their origins and if there are others like then.

While he is a main character OB1 in clone armor on the feild of battle was cool too.

Don't kill me but the battles in the last few don't really stir me in the way that the others did. Yoda was okay and the two defending the temple seemed to lack something for me.

By far Mace was the top of the series so far for me. First this thing quietly hovers over the battle feild then Blam. A thing of beauty in it's own right but then Mace goes all anime/ matrix with the force tricks. Sigh.

The Annakin vs. Ventress may be interesting but I worried that they may be building expectations too high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.