main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone War to Vong War - Jedi and Clones

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ulkesh2, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    In the novelization of ROTJ Luke has a thought along the lines of...
    'turning such right so wrong'
    He was thinking about his father and Obi-Wan and their impact on the GFFA.
    We now are seeing this very thing with the Clone War. The Jedi Knighthood is leading legions of clonetroopers against those who would destroy the Galactic Republic. On the surface it appears to be the right thing to do, but the Jedi, the clone army, and everybody else is being distracted and played like fools.
    Somehow the clonetroopers turn on their Jedi generals and thus a holocaust is in the works. So yes at first the introduction of the clone army as an aide to the Jedi was a right. Then it became a tragic wrong based on evil manipulations.
    Now fast forward to the latest crisis in the GFFA. The invasion of the Vong has leveled the playing field in regards to the New Republic and the Imperial Remainder. The two old enemies find new advantage in working together against a common foe.
    In the latest NJO novels we read of Jedi working along side stormtroopers. The long ago clone army was the forerunner to the Stormies. So as Vader once said...
    'the circle is now complete'.
    We have come full circle folks. I suspect in post NJO novels and comics we will see the Jedi and the clone army (Stormies)working together again. The question is will history haunt the new Jedi Council. Could Boba Fett disrupt the regained symbiosis between Jedi Knight and stormtrooper? Or will the latest clones let go of the past and continue helping to defend the Galactic Alliance?

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I don't think that there's any indication that the Clone Troopers were the ones who 'turned' on their Jedi 'masters'. For one thing, in Shatterpoint, Mace mentioned that Yoda knew better than to send squads of Clone Troopers against force users. So, I don't really think that the clones were responsible for that, but rather Vader and Palpatine killed off many, directly or indirectly.

3. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Ah, but you see that's just it. Sidious and the early Vader use the clonetroopers against the decimated Jedi Knighthood. The clonetroopers are ultimately loyal to the chancellor. Even Jedi Knights can be overwhelmed. Especially if the Jedi Knights are framed with the assasination of Chancellor Palpatine. See Sidious is the original. Chancellor Palpatine is a clone of Sidious. Note Palpatine is like Bobba Fett and was not given accelerated growth hormones. Palpatine lives the life of a normal human and he may not even know he's a mere clone. The crafty Sith Master most likely will hire young Bobba Fett and a relative of Zam Wessel. Indirectly he offers them a hefty reward if they will kill Chancellor Palpatine. Zam Wessel's relative has the ability to look like Mace Windu or Obi-Wan Kenobi. Sidious wants Zam Wessel's relative to look like one of the Jedi when the assasination takes place. The event is caught on security holocams and broadcast throughout the galaxy. This turns many common citizens into Jedi haters. So now the Jedi are public enemies. Now Sidious steps into the role once enjoyed by his dead Palpatine clone. To the common citizen it appears to be a miracle. Which means Chancellor Palpatine is divine or divinely chosen to lead the galaxy. Wheels within wheels...heh-heh-heh.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The clonetroopers are ultimately loyal to the chancellor.

Actually, if I remember my AOTC novelization correctly -- the plot was WAY more insidious than that.

The clonetroopers were programmed to obey only Jedi. Thus only the Jedi could be blamed for the devastation that the Clone Wars would, in all likelihood, ultimately wreak...

5. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    You know how stormtroopers are both clones and non-clones alike (if you go by the EU); so do you think there are regular guys in the clone trooper battle armor to supplement them. I'm asking this because Shatterpoint makes reference that the Grand Army of the Republic is much larger than the 1.2 million clones.

6. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I dunno. Sounds plausible to me.

As for the 'present', there are few clones left in the Empire, and the technology to produce them no longer seems to exist. So the circle is now complete--but only from a certain point of view.

;)

7. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    That's not a solid fact. We should wait and see what future EU sources say on the matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.