Clone War trailer

Discussion in 'Orlando, FL' started by JangoFett29, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JangoFett29 Jedi Padawan

How many of you caught the new trailer on FOX tonight? That was the most pumped up I have been from watching a trailer "in a long time,a long time." The only thing I did notice, besides how extremely busy this trailer was, was the fact that there was a scene missing, which someone at FOX had claimed was in it after getting a sneak viewing. They had said that there was a scene in which Yoda caught some type of lightning bolts being shot at him and he turned it back on his would-be attacker. That was no where to be seen!! Not to mention, I had also heard rumor that Yoda would be shown with a lightsaber: also MIA in the trailer. Now that I have my disappointments aired, I can tell you that I am 100 times more pumped than I was for TPM. ESB may finally have an adversary in the series. I hope it is as good as the trailer makes it look.

Todd
  2. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    A couple of comments -- (1) If you introduce unknown material please mark it SPOILERS so people can backtrack if they want. (2) I had a differing view of this trailer. I didn't find much in the advertised story to be that compelling. I thought the "Who the Hell is trying to kill Padme?" was a far better trailer plot. Most of this trailer struck me as leafing through an encycopedia where one page should have been labeled "Early Version of Star Destroyer" and the next page "Early Version of Stormtroopers", etc. My faith in Lucas to actually present new and thrilling material is quite low. How many times do the viewers need to get dragged back to Tatooine? How many different links does Lucas feel he has to make between the same 20 characters? It seems that the entire universe is really an interwoven creation of two dozen characters. For example ...

SPOILER HERE IF YOU DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION:

Now it turns out that the stormtroopers were all clones of Boba Fett's father. How lame is that! This is as pathetic as having C3PO built by Anakin/Darth Vader. Luke, I'm your father -- and Leia is your sister .... You get the idea.

Now, in the 2nd movie of the new trilogy, Lucas plans a chase through an asteroid field. We're also going to have a ground battle where walkers are introduced and attack the rebel forces. Does all this sound a little bit familiar?

IMO TPM was a horrible prequel. I also was jazzed when I saw TPM trailer. The battledroid army and the new fighter designs seemed to promise a true SW epic. Instead, I got Jar Jar Binks, Saturday morning cartoon battle robots, and a drag race that was WAY too long. I was pretty forgiving for TPM because I felt (hoped) it was a setup to a grand trilogy. Setup films are always slow. I'll be far less forgiving if AOTCs is another setup/transition film, which it appears to be. I don't want to be too negative about this. The original SW trailers didn't show aything regarding the storyline. As I recall, SW was "A story of a boy, a girl, and a galaxy, far far away ...." (What the Hell does that mean?) If they had showed you the story, I'm sure Empire and ROTJ would have looked pretty stupid as well and I love both of those films. My main question is whether or not AOTCs is actually going to be a movie that has any value on its own or will be like watching a 2-hour documentary of how SW: A New Hope came into being.

I'll shut up and let others rant for a while.

Sandy
  3. JangoFett29 Jedi Padawan

Sandy,

Are you a critic or a fan? Jeez! Lighten up and enjoy the movies! When you put a lot of stock and emotion into their fate, you're going to be disappointed, 9 times out of 10! That is why so many were displeased with TPM, they expected too much. If you had put the same expectations and cynisism into the original triolgy before it came out, you would have hated them too! Just enjoy and go into thinking "This is going to be fun!" And you know what? It will!

Todd
  4. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Todd,

I'm a cynic who searches the world for things to hate. I also love getting personal slams from people who solicited opinions. Thanks for that part of your reply. I feel better now.

I take it from your response that expecting a moderate amount of quality from a Star Wars film is a guarantee for disappointment. I guess that says a lot in itself.

I doubt I would have hated the first trilogy with this mindset (which I don't think has changed drastically in 20 years). I was diappointed in TPM because it was a far inferior film to the other three not because I had skewed expectations. For you to suggest otherwise is a bit insulting.

I'm not a fan who blindly accepts anything labeled Star Wars and hops up and down with uncontrolled enthusiasm. I guess by your definition, that makes me a critic. So be it.

Sandy
  5. JangoFett29 Jedi Padawan

Sandy,

That wasn't a personal slam, it was telling you to lighten up. Have fun with the movies. There are far too many things in the real world to be critical about or disappointed in than to start applying that to our childhood fantasies. Star Wars is in me as a fan, like it is in many fans. It brings to mind many childhood games and dreams. Adulthood makes us forget our dreams and tells us that it is time to put those games we played to the side. So, when we take that advice and view any new film in the saga, we stop suspending disbelief and forget that we are meant to enjoy them and have fun with them, rather than compare them to the prior films. I don't insult you, I ask you to remember your childhood fantasies and how Star Wars was to a child. Then, remember that to children today, this new saga is their new vision and fun.

Todd
  6. ChDetPiavra Jedi Knight

Todd.

I whole-heartedly congratulate you on your positive attitude to Episode II and Star Wars in general.

I am involved with Fandomenace Fort Lauderdale, (Fanforce, USA), and I encourage the same mindset when viewing the new Star Wars vision unfolding before us.

By the way, I am certain this is the Fanforce, not the Disgruntled-Film-Student-Force.

Again, sir, Bravo.

Anytime you are in South Florida, please let us know you are coming. "We would be honored if you would join us."

7. JangoFett29 Jedi Padawan

Thank you fellow Star Wars fan and friend. But isn't that what Star Wars fans are suppossed to be? "Friends?" The one thing I noticed when all the hype and hoopla started again around TPM's release was that any fan, be it child or adult, could come together and click immediately because they shared the same love and wonderful memories of the Star Wars saga (both original trilogy and the current, including even the Expanded Universe). We all have the same hopes and desires for this series, but we hold those in and refrain from placing doubts and high expectations on the new films in honor of the fun we expect from viewing them. I don't want academy awards, I just want to be able to lay down after a busy or stressful day at work and be able to watch the movies and laugh the way I always did, smile the way I always did, and most importantly, be able to go back to that place where good ultimately always defeats evil. Some may say I have never grown up and they may be right. Star Wars is every childs dream of right over wrong and adventures we could never take. As I live and breathe in this world, Star Wars will do the same. You may say that I choose to like anything with the Star Wars name on it. But, that would be misleading. I simply choose to never let Star Wars be tainted; either by the likes of cynics or the likes of fans who just never got what Star Wars was about to begin with. To my friends in Ft. Lauderdale: thank you for the invite. May the Force be with you.

Todd
  8. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    Frankly, I'm worried that the Classic Trilogy will be nothing more than a 6 hour epilouge.

*wink*

Play nice guys.
  9. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Todd,

Sounded like a slam to me but that's the risk of the printed word vice hearing someone's voice.

To some degree, the lighten up advice is well placed. Lucas always advertised the films as the modern (by 70s standards) Buck Rogers serials. To that end, he's remained fairly faithful. I still hold with my reservations though. Watching the developments I get the distinct impression that Lucas is trying to revamp the same story plots over and over again. You have to admit, an asteroid field chase and ground walker battle in the second film of this trilogy is more than a bit coincidental. He also seems Hell bent on injecting classic Sci-Fi elements in to the first trilogy which does annoy me somewhat. Tatooine was always a thinly disguised version of Herbert's Dune including a slug emporer, TPM kept throwing in Buck Rogers influences in a Dinosauria setting. AOTCs seems riddled with H. G. Well's martian walkers and troopers inside what look amazingly like the pre-productionm paintings of the Dune thopters. Mix this with the continuing interconnectivity of characters defying odds that would let me win the state lottery every other week and I find it difficult to shut off my brain's BS filter. I'm sure this justify's Chris' disgruntled student film comment but such is life.

Admittedly, I watched the new trailer again and it provided more hope than when I originally viewed it. Maybe I was in an uncharacteristically bad mood yesterday. I liked the expanded Jedi Temple setting and the hovering Yoda, already dislike the "know it all" Anakin (who comes off beautifully as a smart-ass teenager), and the city on the sea. There are a lot of possibilities there. Lucas apparently tailored the story to show some of the settings that have been in the books in the past (lower quarter of the capitol, etc.) which is also good. I'm keeping an open mind about all this but that same open mind hasn't gotten all jazzed by what I've seen so far. I'm a hard sell regarding Lucas these days... once burned and all that. Either way, I'll see the film, and undoubtedly put down the $25.00 for the DVD.

Chris,

Disgruntled-Film-Student-Force? I'm not sure what that comment is supposed to mean or imply. Somehow, I thought a thread regarding a trailer invited comments about the trailer (and subsequent film it advertised). Would you care to elaborate your comment so I could understand it better? Thanks in advance.

Sandy
  10. Rogue428 Jedi Knight

star 2
    See the trouble is Sandy...that you actually remember Dune and Buck Rogers and such...

Keep in mind...modern Hollywood (not just Lucas) counts on folks having myopic memories. Hence remaking the same movies about every 10-15 years. Heck no one seemed to mind that ID4 was a mixture of "V", "Star Wars" and "War of the Worlds" (1953 version).

Heck, and this is not an attack on anyone, but a large majority of the fans hadn't seen the OT in the theater until the re-release. I agree with your points on numerous levels, but for different reasons.

Lucas is fascinated with the 'Hero's Journey' and Joseph Campbell's associated work "The Hero With A Thousand Faces". Unfortunately, while the work functions well as an analysis tool, it is difficult to come up with new archetypal stories using it as a functioning paradigm. (sorry but is my bitterness as an unemployed....I mean..freelance writer, showing a bit?"

Oh yeah...and when you referred to Buck Rogers serials...you were talking about the show with Erin Grey and Dr. Theopolis right? Was there some kind of breakfast cereal associated with this? I don't know...seems like that was about Old Testament times... :)

it's hell being old ain't it?
  11. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mike,

Sorry to say, I was referring to the old B/W Buck Rogers serials, which I recall as being "cool Sci-Fi". Todd does hit on a good point though. Initially I thought this was an age thing but I think your ability to remember the original trilogy as they came out in the theaters (waiting 3 years in between each one and speculating as to the developments) has a big impact on how you view the new trilogy. Nothing impacts your expectations like waiting in line for 6 hours to see a sequel. I was far more jazzed about seeing the OT than TPM and came away only liking elements of TPM so I can't agree with Todd's expecting too much theory. The obvious question that neither he nor Chris asked was "What did you expect?" Basically, I'd answer that by saying I expect a film that shows the 1000 worlds universe Lucas always advertised this to be AND some fairly original material not stolen themes and rehashing of the same OT scenes just to show how Lucasfilm can do it better 20 years later.

I still (cautiously) say that this film might be all that. The Palpatine "New Army" speech definitely got my attention, the closer focus on Obi Wan is something I missed from TPM and this trailer didn't have Jar Jar Binks in any of the shots! My initial response, before Chris indirectly labeled me as one of the unworthy, focused primarily on the trailer itself, which did strike me as a distinct display of early versions of the OT equipment and scenes. I thought the mystery trailer was far more inviting.

Sandy

12. JangoFett29 Jedi Padawan

Did you people even read or listen to what you read? After all those comments and feelings on what Star Wars means to people, you continue to analyze them as film students and writers/critics. That makes me sad, because that tells me that you don't understand Star Wars the way the true fans do. You never quite got it. That is a sad thing.

Todd
  13. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    Are you saying they aren't true fans because they don't look at it the same way you do?
  14. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Todd,

I suggest you read what you've written. Your arrogance is close to a religious fanaticism. Who the Hell made you the approving authority for "True Fans?" I have a different view which includes some disappointments regarding what I see as a lack of creativity on Lucas' part. I think he could do a lot better. That doesn't involve "getting it" or "not getting it". I have a differing opinion. I wasn't as impressed with the trailer as you were. Why is that a bad thing? I've certainly not tried to tell you that your perception is wrong, which is undoubtedly the slant you have taken with Mike and I. Sorry, I'll never jump on the "don't analyze, don't think, just bindly accept anything thrown at you" stance. That doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy whatever you want as you want. Just allow others to do the same. If you don't want varying opinions then stay the Hell off of the boards. Frankly, I'm more than a bit annoyed by your arrogance and Chris' worthy/unworthy BS. If being a "true fan" means filtering out everyone who doesn't think exactly as you do then I don't want to be a true fan. Since you obviously seem to have the only true understanding, why don't you help the rest of us poor slobs out and explain exactly what Star Wars is all about, since we obviously don't seem to get it.

Sandy
  15. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Everyone sees the movies in a different way. I tend to enjoy them on a simple level. As long as there is a good lightsaber duel and a bit of complexity to the plot, I'm pretty happy. Other fans analyze the films in great detail. There is nothing wrong with this and it doesn't make anyone less of a fan. There is room in this universe for us all. :)

Can't we all just get along! :p (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Now, everyone please play nice. There is no rule that says everyone on these boards has to agree, but there are rules about being respectful and courteous. Please don't let this turn into an all-out flame war.
  16. Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Knight

star 1
    Having each trailer focus upon a different theme is just good marketing. Covers wider demographics.

BTW, Jar Jar *is* there. :) He's standing behind Amidala when Palpy is talking about not letting the Republic split.

17. Rogue428 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jango Fett29:

Here's the scoop on my views and why I think about them the way I do. I understand what you're getting at with the..."Star Wars is Star Wars so just accept it for what it is enjoy it for what it is, and don't hyperanalyze things". For a lot of people that works. For me it doesn't. Here's a couple of primary reasons.

1. For a lot of us, seeing the OT in the theater on the first release was a definitive moment in our lives. (sounds sad I know). But I just can't get the point across at how amazing it was when we first saw it. Keep in mind that when ANH first came out there was NOTHING like it. Nowadays, audiences are more saavy (in some ways), they are used to high grade special FX...heck we've seen Dinosaurs chase and eat people through numerous films. Star Wars type FX are the staples of weekly TV now. But in 1977 (and 1978 for me since I was overseas at the time) there was nothing like it, for us older fans when we look at this new trilogy, we're trying to recapture the feelings from the OT. But realistically, the new trilogy can't live up to it. It's like comparing every new girlfriend to the first girl you ever fell in "real" love with. The newer love may be just as strong, just as good, but it will never be the same.

2. When I decided to be serious about being a writer I really started to look into how fantasy and science fiction stories were contructed (I want to be a sci-fi writer). I had written 3 screenplays (don't worry none of them sold...and they are quite bad) and my attempts were floundering. So I picked my two favorite stories of all time to decide to hyper-analyze them...one for sci-fi and one for fantasy. I picked Star Wars: A New Hope, and The Lord of the Rings..(BTW...since then I've come to believe that Star Wars is fantasy too, but that's ....a whole other thread). I read a book called "The Hero With A Thousand Faces", and it proposed an idea of the monomyth, a central story that is shared in all stories, of which the "Hero's Journey" (a new mantra in Hollywood land...watch any behind the scenes and you'll see what I mean) is only a part of. When I read that...Star Wars, the magic and complexity and the ancientness (is that a word?) of the story mesmerized me. It didn't lose any of its charm it got better. Both Tolkien and Lucas had managed to interweave classic mythological themes through new settings and new stories...and Lucas even pulled it off in a Galaxy Far Far away! To me this made Star Wars better than it ever was (since this is TFN I'll save my thoughts on Tolkien for TORN). However, when I went to see TPM...my insight seemed to have backfired. I'd waited 16 years or so to see that movie and you're right...I'd set impossible standards for it to live up to...because I wasn't remembering the OT as it was...but the way I remembered it. But I still like TPM...but when I saw it...instead of seeing Star Wars (the way I remembered it)...It was like watching the skeleton of a beautiful actress...or watching a puppet show from behind the performers...it didn't seem as creative to me. It seemed like Lucas got sloppy and he knew that because it was Star Wars it would be successful...so instead of paying as much attention to the story...he decided to use the story to push ILM into the vanguard of the digital age. ILM was pushed but at the expense of the story (I feel). Also Lucas was trying to get his hooks into a younger generation hence the more "kid's movie" feel of the new film.

3. People all over don't give Sci-Fi/Fantasy credit for anything. They lump it into the realm of genre fiction (which it is) and that's why Star Wars lost Best Picture to Annie Hall (what?)...and the Matrix couldn't win best picture...and I will be greatly surprised if the Fellowship of the Ring wins anything but the technical Oscars. And it is unfortunately the attitude that sci-fi/fantasy audiences will embrace anything...and that the special FX and not the story are what is important. And everyone here has seen movies where the FX were awesome but the movie s
  18. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I saw Star Wars in the theater in 1977. I had just passed my fourth birthday, but I remember that day quite clearly in my mind. Those of us who saw all the movies when they were first released do tend to be more critical of the new films. As Rogue428 pointed out, those of us who were around for the first trilogy's release waited 16 years for TPM, so our expectations probably were a little high.

For the record, while I was somewhat disappointed by TPM's lackluster plot, I find the movie very entertaining and fun to watch (especially the lightsaber duel). :)

19. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Some very good points have come out of this long-winded thread. I'm from the school that saw the flicks in there first releases. I was 5 when the first one was showing so they all hit me at the most impressionable period of my life.
    I'm not going to bash Lucas but I've always believed that he gets too much credit for the universe we submerge ourselves in. Several biographies show that his true fascination, as seen in most of his work, has been the process, the effects, the machines. I'll bite when he repeats how his symphony is made of references and echoes and phrases that we've already seen or will see. And I like that too. I've read the original drafts of the first movie and constantly am reminded that the story of it's creation is just that, a story. The mythological template is something he continued to add to and what we so praise the holy trilogy for are with hindsight of all 3 movies finished. I suspect even some of the more mundane plot points of TPM will begin to mean more to the story as a whole when E2 and E3 are finished. Not because they were written that way from the beginning, but because there was 6 years to think about how to weave them in.
    All right, that's a ramble. Hopefully you can glean a little of what I'm trying to say. I'll close with the fact that I think the 6 episodes will eventually satisfy me more than I even suppose. And so I at least touch on the actual topic- I personally found "Clone War" to be less interesting for me than either "Mystery" or "Forbidden Love."
    I was expecting to see Yoda toss the Sith Lightning too. Maybe that's something seen in the footage shown to the ShoWest attendees in addition to the trailer.
  20. JangoFett29 Jedi Padawan

Ok, so I may have been harsh on the critics, for that I apologize. I just find it hard to believe that someone cannot get the same joy of just watching the movies, as oppossed to analyzing them. I just see that taking the fun out if it for me. Then again, I expect to be treated with equal respect for my opinion, because my opinion is my right. So far be it for me to be hypocritical and say that you are not allowed to have your opinions as I am allowed. For that I am sorry. I too am one of the fans who had the priviledge of seeing ANH in the theaters in its first release. It happens to be one of my earliest and only memories from my early childhood. In my opinion, in answer to your question, a true fan is one who enjoys the movies for what they are: fun. Again, not for me to say that someone is not a true fan. However, to say that I accept blindly is misleading and false. I accept when it allows me to forget the current state and depressing events of the real world and gives me that chance to escape into a place where I have fun and can actually believe for that short time that it exists. I don't want the harshness and criticism of the real world to touch upon the world that exists in Star Wars. That being said, it scares me when people start over-analyzing Star Wars and comparing it to the less than perfect world of today and passing judgement on what they expect and what shouldn't remain. I do not accept blindly, I accept when it is fun. Once it stops being fun for me to watch or take my time out to enjoy, then I too become a critic. Heaven help me the day that rears its ugly head in my life. That is the day I turn to the darkside!

Todd
  21. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Todd,

You weren't harsh. You were an absolute moron and a jerk! Based on your latest post I presume this doesn't match your real personality but we only have your posted words on which to make a judgement. I propose that your explaination spotlights a flaw in your thinking that you might want to reconsider: mainly that your interpretations and reactions shouldn't be regarded as a cookie cutter for how everyone else "should" react. Likewise, others opinions shouldn't affect whether you like or enjoy SW, the latest Friends episode, or anything else. You come across as if you hold the standarad for fans, true fans, critics, etc. and valiantly thrust people into the categories you've identified. IMO, the reality is that we are all critics and fans or we wouldn't be on the TFN board in the first place. You take the approach that you don't want your critiques to arrive at a negative evaluation, which is fine if it works for you. You don't have to defend it, which you seem to be doing since you've repeatedly referenced how we're wrong thinking you blindly accept anything. Many of us choose to sort our likes by a different standard. We reject more material in the movies because of that but I propose that the things that pass our more rigorous standards hold greater value to us and provide greater enjoyment.

For me, Lucas has always been the absolute weakest part of the SW epic. In the OT, he was heavily edited because his ideas were so left field that 20th Century Fox knew they were trash. Now that Lucas is on his own, without oversight, these things are more obvious. I've always based my fandom on the truly creative people that made it different (Dykstra, McQuarrie, Joe Johnson, etc.) You were 2 years old when the first movie showed. I was 15. Not to hurl an insult but I submit that you don't understand the core of the fandom Mike and I have for the OT. When the first film came out the mark of a good space movie was one in which you couldn't see the strings holding up the model of the spaceship. Star Wars came along and totally blew us away. We became critics (not good ones because as a teenager we didn't know a damn thing) but Star Wars passed our criticisms. It was a fun story, well composed, that hinted at far greater epics. When the other two movies came out we grumbled about the stupidity of some of the story plots then as well. Despite this, each of the films surpassed our wildest, most imaginative expectations. We got spoiled but we also came to expect being totally blown away as the standard.

TPM trailers appeared to be ready to do this. It didn't. Despite your attacks on the lack of true fandomness, the movie didn't deliver. As an individual movie, it wasn't bad but it was an average movie riding on the SW name.

The Mystery and Love trailers indicated to me that Lucas apparently learned some lessons from the lackluster response he got from TPM (based on what he was expecting) and was back on track with new material, the aseteroid chase notwithstanding. The Clone War trailer hints that there are a lot of reworks again.

I don't see any of this as "letting the harshness of the real world" ruin my fun. Despite your level of fandom (or worthiness/unworthiness according to Chris' definition) I don't think many people can say that Lucas is truly doing all he can do with the universe he's set up. If he doesn't have anything new, I find it hard to believe that he couldn't offer up five million to whomever comes up with the most compelling story. It would be Star Wars, it would be stunning, and it would hold up to all critical filters. Instead, he relies on apologists who feel the need to defend why they get such enjoyment from the same, repeating stories. That's fine for everyone who does but that doesn't make me any more respectful of his lack of creativity.

Again, I don't want to hover on the negative. EP2 might be the best of all the films. Anything with Christoper Lee has to have merit ... that's a plug for you Hammer Film fans out there. The Jangro Fett/Obi-Wan fight
  22. AxtonTredway Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have been viewing this rant since the first posting and this is what I conclude:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!(not to get religious on anybody)

First of all, to Sandy's credit, I support the merits of her philosophy that alludes to not abandoning one's critical thinking for anyone or anything. That IS how evil empires are born!

However, I don't believe Chris and JangoFett29 forgot necessarily support abandoning critical thinking as a modus operandum for life. They, as do I, believe that "suspension of disbelief" is an appropriate mode of thinking when viewing what is supposed to be entertainment ie. Star Wars.

As far as I'm concerned

The only indictment I can find levied in this post is as follows:

"You were an absolute moron and a jerk!" Whoever posted this statement is the one not playing fair. He IS entitled to his interpretaion of the truth...even if you are offended or don't believe in it! Even if he is wrong or it is completley frivolus... you are bound to respect his opinion.

Furthermore: His opinions represent those...opinions....he does not represent what a tribunal(althoiugh he may represent the majority view) and should not illicit the reprisal you have so vociferously advocated! Are you so insecure! he is but a single individual illicting a single opinion yet you imbue his statements as if marked by George Lucas himself! If you truely believed that his statements were of no merit thn you would not have debated them for so long....

-Axton Tredway
  23. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Axton,

First, this Sandy is a guy not a girl.

I made the moron and jerk statement and honestly I stand by it. Anyone who attacks others personally for having a different interpretation of a film trailer than they do and then proceeds to tell them how they should think is acting like a moron and a jerk. When our status as fans ("true fans") was further questioned because we didn't have the same beliefs/thinking as Todd, that confirmed to me that he was acting like a moron and a jerk. The same would go for anyone who acted in this manner. I hope you realize this statement was strictly based on Todd's actions not an evaluation of him as a person. I don't know him and therefore can't make any such judgements.

To Todd's credit, he did refine his explaination to something I could easily accept. I agree with many of his basic points. My moron and jerk comment was my way of telling him that I felt his claim of "being harsh" was downplaying his actions quite a bit. Basically, I thought he should lighten up as well. I think some of the board members view this thread is a bad falling out of members, which I personally don't. A lot of good ideas were thrown about by most of the members and Todd did get my attention with his "Are you a fan?" question. For the first time since 1977, I actually stepped back and took a good look at why I liked the OT. I put in the video tape and saw the movie in a whole new way again, and enjoyed it a bit more because of that. Basically, I think Todd had many good points that were just poorly presented. Despite the stormy exchange in this thread, I'll be reading his posts with a bit more interest from now on because he obviously is a pretty smart guy. Conflict isn't always a bad thing.

Sandy
  24. AxtonTredway Jedi Knight

star 2
    My apologies, Sandy....That was my Dad's name!...he used to get the same mistaken gender identity when corresponding with people he never met.

-Axe
  25. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Axton,

No apologies needed. After all, what sort of nutt would run around with a chick's name anyway?

Sandy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.