main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone War Vol.2 Gets Emmy Nomination!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by vong333, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This is pretty good news. In case you guys have not heard it, yesterday at the Emmy nomination festival. The second volume, chapters 21-25 was nominated for an emmy award. Not bad, not bad at all. The only thing I see now, is that this may actually put some pressure to the guys at Lucasfilm when they come out with the 3-D cartoons from the Clone Wars next year. They might be held up to the high bar since both of GT cartoons have either garned an emmy nomination or a victory.
    So far, star wars is headed in the right direction for the small screen.

By the way, are there any updates on the San Diego Comic-Con on the star wars tv projects? Anything said there that we may not already know?

2. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    I still say the 3D animated series should be put aside for more Clone Wars style cartoons.

3. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    that is good news. what other shows is it up against?

4. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    It's the same category as before: Outstanding Animated Program (for Programming One Hour Or More), and this time it's up against "Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real" from Animal Planet.

5. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Good for it! I'm really glad, because GT's Clone Wars was everything I could have hoped for. Quick, intellegent, and fun to watch. I am sad that he isn't doing anymore. I look forward to the computer animated version, hope it can keep up.

6. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    I have a question though, is the new asian anime 3d-style that Lucasfilm wants to go through good? I liked the style that GT showed but I don't think he is doing any more.

7. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Congratulations Clone Wars!

8. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    That's gonna be tough; I thought "Dragons" was awesome.

9. SeventhAngelicSlayer

SeventhAngelicSlayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2005
    Empire of Dreams also got a nomination. In case you haven't seen it or don't know what it is, it's a documentary about the making of the Star Wars movies that aired on the A&E channel.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002

It's also on the OT DVD.

11. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    I missed that one. If ROTS can continue to do well and make more money at the box-office, maybe it will persuade that board people to vote for the clone wars. Regardless, if it dosen't win it dson't matter. It got the nomination and it was very good.

12. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    Yay! This shall show the bashers!

13. __Jedi__

__Jedi__ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    OT: sorry this is a little off topic but ive been watching my volume 2 clone wars 'dvd' and i cant figure out exactly how anakin got the scar on his eye. it seems that hes just rescued some jedi and then returned to padme with a scar. can someone explain? thanks.

oh and im glad for the clone wars vol.2 for getting an emmy nod. im confident it should win because volume 1 was so successful.

14. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    He didn't recieve the scar in the cartoon, he recieved it in the comic Star Wars: Republic (#71 I believe) - the Dreadnaughts of Rendelli part 3. It is also collected in the Clone Wars Volume 6 TPB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.