Clone War: Who was winning?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth Philo, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I honestly think that Palpatine used this war to test technology and troops and stuff. He used this war much like Hitler used the Spanish Civil war to see what tactics and what equipment worked best. The Clones were obviously better fighters than the droids, so therefore he picked them. Oh so I believe the clones/jedi were winning to answer the question.
  2. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, that's a good way to look at it half-wits. I mean, someone earlier mentioned that Palpatine was winning, and yes this was true, as he had masterfully balanced the situation so that the separatists would always seem like a threat, even after the death of Dooku. It was only after GG is finished that the Jedi try to take him out, and we know how well that went.
  3. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    I think by ROTS it was even sided but the Sepratists had somewhat of an edge
  4. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    As in the novelization, the Clone Wars were not about the Republic vs the Separatists. It was about the Jedi vs the Sith, with the Sith finally having their revenge for their defeat a millenia past. Everything else didn't matter. It was all a ruse to cover the Dark Lord's true intentions.
  5. -maynard- Jedi Knight

star 3
    thats true. the CIS would likely have never made it to coruscant if palps didnt allow it
  6. Darth_Rags Jedi Master

star 3
    I was a stalemate with a slight advantage to the CIS. When the Republic took a plant from the CIS the CIS would take a different Republic world.
    The point is to make the Republic people scared and make the Jedi look like they cannot defend the Republic. When Palpatine orders order 66 it proves that the Jedi were trying to take over the Republic though the Clone War, since a Jedi ordered the clones, and the CIS is lead by a powerful Jedi. It shows that the Jedi stopped Palpatine wining the war by starting the war and taking over the Republic, to the avenge Joe republic this makes Palpatine a hero. Anakin is also said to be a hero since he stop the 'evil' plot to kill the 'good' Palpatine and leads the counter attack on the temple and kills many Jedi.
    This is want Sidious wants people to believe, but we know the truth.
  7. I-poodoo Jedi Master

star 4

the Clone Wars was just that "wars" plural; several seperate engagements on hundreds of frontlines. The Republic won here on this rimworld but suffered a devastating defeat there on that coreworld at the same time. It was a war of attrition where more and more worlds were embroiled in it without getting any decisive results, and to the average joe schmoe it looked like the jedi (Since they were the face of the Republic forces for the average guy. Clones might as well been just another type of battledroid to them) were doing all they could to propogate the war's continuation when it was really Palps and Dooku extending the war's lifespan.

The clone wars was flashy and devastating but it was really the final stage in Sidious' death trap. The people of the Republic and the Jedi bled and died, only to help their true enemy succeed in his plan to destroy them.

The Jedi did what they could, maybe they could've or should've done more or done something else all together, but I blame the people, they accepted everything gave Palps carte blanche over their security. They gave away their freedoms to him for three years so they could have the security of a stormtrooper patrol.

If they wanted to stop the clone wars they should've cared more about the blockade of Naboo thirteen years before. The senators of the people should've put aside their senatorial procedure pecodillios, amd their inability to act because they could not figure out how to spin the blockade to advance their personal, financial, or political machinations and said what has happened to our fellow system is wrong we should stop it. The day the war was started wasn't geonosis but the day Queen Amidala moved for a vote of no confidence in Valorum but also in the senate and in democracy's capability to act on what was right not what was convenient or advantageous. Everything after that was just the long slide into oppresion under a brutal dictator.
    sadly it was their children that paid the price for their short-sighted complacency.

I know this is all rearview criticism, but Palps only won because the goodguys and the average Joes allowed it or simply were too narrow-minded to notice.

In a nutshell Palps succeeded because no one tried to stop him in the one true battlefront of the war-the senate proceedings. All the clones and droids, jedi and seperatists were collateral damage of true defeat after defeat in the real war.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.