main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars 3D Continuity

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthWolvo23, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    That's clearly a retcon. Watching the show, without knowledge of when things are "supposed" to be happening, you would draw exactly the opposite conclusion. There's the Battles of Muunilinst and Hypori early on in the war, followed immediately by Anakin being knighted, then a montage of a lot of time passing and battles from the Clone Wars, followed by the end of the war and the lead in to ROTS.

LFL shoved in the supposed jump ahead between Hypori and the knighting to make the microseries work with the lag in the comics and novels. It doesn't make any sense storywise, it totally disrupts the flow of the microseries, and in general, it's a sloppy fix to an avoidable problem.

Since the new animated series is a higher level of canon than the microseries, the comics, or the novels, I'm hoping that they push Anakin's knighting to an earlier point in the schedule, where it makes a lot more sense.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, we don't know yet if it is a higher canon level than than the rest of the EU.

And the jump ahead in time isn't exactly a retcon (other elements of the microseries, certainly, but I don't think it's the same case here), it's more of a result of needing the microseries to be self-contained viewing.

3. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Well, to the average person/non EU follower, I would say that this series is more canon than the comics, books, and the Tartakovsky CW. We know for a fact that GL was consulted on the established characters' specifics, and I don't think that happens for the print materials. I guess I'm a weird one, but I consider it true canon if George had a large hand in the story and characters, whether it's the new Force Unleashed or the new CW series. Really though, it depends on the individual.

4. Mungo

Mungo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2007
    He had a major hand in the Ewok movies as well. In fact, he had the same level of involvement with them as he had with Empire and Jedi.

5. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Well, hey, I have to admit that I enjoy the Ewok films as well.

6. Willy-Wonka-nobi

Willy-Wonka-nobi Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2004
    I think it is too early to tell what is gonna happen with continuity. While it is a fun thread, until they give us a little bit more to go on than a two minute trailer, we will just have to have our opinions and hopes and wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.