main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars 3D series, an odd choice?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Bobakett, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobakett

Bobakett Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2001
    Doesn't anyone else consider it odd for Lucas to do another Clone wars series especially since viewers saw how and when it ended in ROTS. Won't this alienate most viewers? By going back in the Star Wars canon? Surely most viewers would expect to see the story of ROTS continued and the advertures of Darth Vader, will they understand that this take places before ROTS? Will they even understand what the clone wars are? And who the seperatists are?

Surely this will cause some confusion, certainly if the live action series which will possibly be released around the same time follows the struggles of the Rebels against the Empire post ROTS.

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I always thought in a way that it was werid that they go back and do a series in an era that has already been covered a lot in different mediums for the last 3 years. How knows wht they plan on doing.

3. JediMasterGaraceDane

JediMasterGaraceDane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Well my take on this is well i think its great. True, that we already saw clone wars in the year leading up to ROTS, but those were mini 5 minute episodes which can NOT tell much of a story. It only really got interesting with the 12 minute 5 episode volume two right before ROTS. So with lucasfilm doing another Clone Wars series is great. I would love to see the series follow other jedi instead of just Obi and Anakin. Yoda for instance or my favorite Kit Fisto. Those would be awesome to follow. Or having the series follow Quinlan Vos and his turning to the dark side like in the EU. THeres plenty of possiblities. And for the viewers to expect lucas and company to do more on the in between the saga when the live action is going to cover that isnt a good idea. Going back to the clone wars and war in the star wars saga that has been over looked in Books, video games, and other areas of the EU, is a great idea. Finally, to answer the question would there be confusion between the TV and Animation series, I dont think there will be. Among fans if they dont know the difference between clone wars(droids vs clonetroops) and the Galactic Civil War(Rebellion vs Empire) well they should watch the movies again (Episodes II-VI). As for the 3d animation thats my only worry in all of this. I would like it either true japanese anime style or some other style of cartoon animation. The 3D part my turn off some viewers but i think itll be ok. We all have to give GL and Company a chance. So lets see if they can do it right.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Doesn't anyone else consider it odd for Lucas to do another Clone wars series especially since viewers saw how and when it ended in ROTS. Won't this alienate most viewers?<<

Knowing how things end didn't prevent people from watching the Prequels or reading the Prequel EU. Sometimes it's more about the journey than the destination. The Clone Wars era allows them to tell stories with heavy combat scenes, and there's enough unexplroed patches in the timeline to make it feasible. And setting it post-ROTS would step on the toes of the live action series.

5. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I think it would be fun to go and visit the Clone Wars again. It was an awesome era: IMO, more exciting then OT era.

6. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    The new characters and environments in the series may clear the way, and give us a little info on the Live Action Show.

7. DARTHJOSEPH

DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    Clone Wars EU stuff is IMO the best EU material. I waited for 20 years to find out about the Clone Wars and 2hrs. of animation and a couple novels and comics is not nearly enough for me. I hate 3D animation but do look forward to the series. The more Clone Wars the better.
    I just hope it doesn't suck! It would be nice to have a chronological look at the clone wars and include battles/events from the comics/novels.

8. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    i don't like the 3d animation either. it doesn't go well with star wars. it will remind me too much of toy story or ice age, i hope they can pull it off to look realisitc, and not stupid.

9. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    im assuming many people never saw AOTC where you come from right?[face_thinking]

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    DarthJoseph- I agree, the clone wars material was by far the best eu materail and would love to see more.

11. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I kind of agree I mean you could almost take off immediately after ROTS in cartoon to show what the main characters are up to includeing the enslavement of chewie and han busting him out.The building of the death star etc.The new live action is suppose to only have the minor chgaracters so the cartoon could be the major characters.

12. one_armed_scissor_14

one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Yeah but the Clone Wars still need to be covered more, I agree with the other people.

13. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I think the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is meant to bring the Clone Wars to casual Star Wars fans who probably did not watch, read, or play anything to do with the Clone Wars. It's also probably meant to cover the gap in the Clone Wars Animated Micro-Series since it did not cover that much of the war.

14. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I just hope it doesn't look like Shrek...

On a side note, I wonder if they'll use the same voice-actors that they used for the 'micro-series'.

15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Steve Sansweet and GL said it would have an asian anime look to it so I'm thinking it will look something like the Final Fantasy movies.

16. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    that be interesting....[face_thinking]

17. Quinlan007

Quinlan007 Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2005
    I just don't want it to focus to much on Anakin Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi. There exploits during the war are to well covered from every medium. There are other characters they can have in the show. They could do a couple Asajj Ventress stories. They could focus on other Jedi. What I would really like are stories that focus on the seperatist leadership as well. Passel Argente, San Hill, Poggel the Lesser, SHu Mai, annd Wat Tambor are all characters that could be focused on. Also I would love to see Grevious lay waste to many worlds and collect lightsabers. Also it said in the opening of ROTS that there are heroes on both sides, so other seperatist characters that have a legitimate gripe with the Republic would be good.

18. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I would also like to see some of the heroes of the seperatists who were good not evil.

19. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Amazingly, I agree about the thought of not wanting it to focus too much on Anakin and Obi-Wan. I guess this question goes to The2ndQuest, but how many of their adventures were covered? I know of a few, but I don't want to bother making a list as it'd be so incomplete.
    Bah, what the Hell, I'm bored.

Geonosis
    Kamino
    Ren Var(sp)
    Raxus Prime
    Kashyyyk Moon
    Ren Var(sp) Part Deux
    The Sith planet Mega Campaign
    Muunilist
    Jabiim
    Ord Cestus
    Tatooine
    Coruscant Sith raid
    Techno Union Planet
    Obssession comics
    Planet(s) in Jedi Trial (haven't read it)
    Planet in CW2 with the Seperatist General
    CW2 Starfighter Enagement
    CW2 Bubble-Shooting Droids Battle
    Nelvaan
    Cato Niemoidia
    Mission to track down Sideous
    Battle of Coruscant
    Battle of Utapau
    Mustafar "Cleaning Up Action"

Yeah, the boys could use a break :p
    But also keep in mind, like with Muunilist, a single engagement could span several episodes.

With the episodes being 30 minutes now, and with a greater amount of time given to make them, I hope with get more battles like with Coruscant and the last battle of "The Clone Wars" video game.
    We could also do a Reversal of Fortune and show the various battles of Order 66 and what built up to them. I'd really love to see Ki-Adi kicking butt on Mygeeto and what led to him being there :)
    Judging by the stretch of waste Stasse Ali(sp) covered on her speeder, it looks like a heavy engagement occured on Saleucami. I'd like to see that :)
    Just so many possibilities...

[EDIT] and now that we've seen Anakin's fall to the Darside, maybe now writer's won't feel the need to forshadow it in every single damn thing. Show him as a good guy. I swear, it's ok.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There were also a bunch of offhandedy-referenced battles they took place in- such as ones in Holonet News.

21. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    I think a 3D Clone Wars series would be cool, I mean I thought the mini-series was cool and all but I wasnt the biggest fan of the animation style. IMO, the Clone Wars are by far the most exciting time period and it will be cool to have a full length tv show about them instead of just short mini episodes. I look forward to seeing it.

Sccrman95

22. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    There were also a bunch of offhandedy-referenced battles they took place in- such as ones in Holonet News.

And they were in a short story by Timothy Zahn in Insider.
    And I forgot about that rain planet they were on when Anakin was eating the bugs.
    I'm beginning to see how Anakin was quickly becomming the poster boy. That is a crapload of battles to be in within a three year span, many of them large scale engagements.
    While stupendously overkill IMHO, I think the Vong war is the only conflict like that post-RotJ for the heros. Sure there were huge battles, but they were spread out by years. The Clone Wars were a huge engagement every other Tuesday :p
    General Kenobi indeed :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.