main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clone Wars Adventures - Now Live!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GGrievous, Jun 1, 2010.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    The rumors were true. :(

TCW Adventures, a free kiddy MMO game created SOE (Who created Star Wars Galaxies), will be released this fall. I'm actually not looking forward to this game. Absolutely not. Free Realms was cheap, and its gameplay was bad. An extensive chat filter, limited movement, limited housing, a weak pvp system was basically it. This TCW mmo will be built on Free Realms' same engine.

The News: http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/TCW_Adventures_Headed_To_Your_PC_131593.asp

Even though Galaxies isn't non canon, I do hope this game is.

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    and of course, it is one of those "allegedly free games". Meaning that the free elements will be a stripped down bare bones next to no content piece of crap, while the subscriptions give them "premium crap".

Its gonna be just like Runescape, I can tell.

3. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    seems like it will come just in time for the third season. I never actually played free realms nor Star Wars Galaxies. so I can't pass judgement just yet. It sounds promising and I've never really been disappointed with Lucasarts that much, so we'll wait and see.

Edit: Was Star Wars Galaxies or Free Realms any good?

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I don't see how this is bad news in any way. It's a little kid-friendly game, that actually doesn't look half bad. It's not meant for "real" gamers, but it doesn't harm grown ups in any way.

5. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Galaxies has its faults. It's pvp system in particular is weaker compared to any other major MMO, like World of Warcraft, which has an impressive system. Free Realms, as I mentioned in my first post, is cheap.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    This.

And overall, Star Wars Galaxies is a good game.

7. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    Again, Lucasarts has never disappointed me even with its weakest games. With the amount of effort they and Bioware are putting into The Old Republic, I'm interested to see what they do here.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I just hope SW:TOR doesn't kill SWG.

9. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    This.

Though I'm still waiting for BF3 to finally be confirmed at E3. I've been waiting far too long for that game.

10. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwmuldsKNyU

the trailer for the game. It actually looks really well done.

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    The trailer is basically clips of episodes from the series.

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And in-game gameplay aswell.

13. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010

but what was of the actual gameplay was pretty nice if you ask me. Good quality considering how soon this thing is coming out.

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Huh, it doesn't look half bad. But then, neither did Republic Heroes. Or the Boba Fett trilosy. [face_plain]

Ah well, at least we can try this one for free before we shell out money fopr it.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    For me, it's quite the opposite, Fistofan. :p
    I didn't like Republic Heroes or that Boba story arc. You have to admit, Republic Heroes had a weak gameplay system.

As for this mmo, it's probably going to be free like Free realms. But I always find that "Free = cheap."

16. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    I've noticed that even Lucasart's "worst" games tend to develop cult followings. There are indeed gamers who actually enjoy games like Republic Heroes and even Masters of the Teras Kasi despite the multiple bad reviews of both games.

And I actually enjoyed the Boba Fett trilogy. Made a Bossk fan out of me.

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Who are these gamers you speak of? Never heard of one, actually. :p
    Well, LucasArts has released a lot of poorly reviewed/bad games over the last five years. There were exceptions like Empire at War, but then again there were others that were just bad.

18. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    Masters of the Teras Kasi has kinda developed a few fans over the years. One of my closest friends really enjoyed it and I often hear "Eh, it was okay," or "It has a few bugs, but is good overall and underrated,"

Edit: I personally prefer to pass judgement on games that I've actually played instead relying on reviews though.

19. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    GG, you read my post wrong. I HATED (Echo effect: ated, ated, ted, ted, ed) Republic Heroes! And the Boba arc, save Leathal Trackdown. ;)

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I thought you meant you "didn't care" for them. Also, for me, Lethal Trackdown was the second worse episode of that arc, R2 Come Home was the first.

But, yeah, it's good to know people actually hate Republic Heroes. And that's a good thing. It's a bad game on all platforms.

21. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Eh, I don't begrudge anyone for that. After-all, how would you like to put a lot of work and money into a product and then have people not pay for it?

You get what you pay for, as the saying goes. That said, the variety of mini-games does look somewhat appealing. But my time is limited as it is, and I have lots of other games to play.

PS-I agree with Sith-Spitter01. Even the worst Star Wars games I've played have at least had working, and rather accessible controls, some cool artwork and an interesting backdrop. Which is a lot more than you can say for a lot of other games.

22. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Bad game. Yes.

A game the kids enjoyed? Yes. That game wasn't for hardcore or even casual gamers it was aimed for kids.

23. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    I just hope Lucasarts doesn't start to use that as an excuse to not try.

24. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    I agree that this game probably won't amount to much when it comes to most of us die-hard fans. Really, though, I doubt I'd even want to play a "Clone Wars" game even if it was aimed at my demographic.

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    When this is free? I doubt it.