main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clone Wars Adventures - Now Live!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GGrievous, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Ah, looks like TCW Adventures is coming out tomorrow! Let the rein of pain begin... [face_plain] :oops:

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It's not a good game at all.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I wouldn't say it's a terrible game.

I've played through the beta. Sure, it lacks any sort of plot and the mini-games get dull after a while, but I'm fairly certain I'd be hooked to it if I were 10. As far as kids games go, it's not bad at all. I'm not going to trash it because it can't compete with KOTOR, because it was obviously not made to be anything of the sort.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    This.

5. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    LucasArts/SOE is not a good combination at all.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Because of Galaxies? :rolleyes:

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It's not only that. Have you even played any LucasArts games in the past few years. o_O

8. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, the last SW game I enjoyed was Battlefront II, and that was 5 years ago, and only published by LucasArts, but developed by Pandemic.

Humm, what was the last LA-developed game I enjoyed? KOTOR was by Obsidian and BioWare, Jedi Academy and Outcast were by Raven... good god! The last LA-developed game I enjoyed was Racer, over 10 years ago! And that wasn't even that good.

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes. But what has that to do with LucasArts/SOE combination?

The last good SW game that I enjoyed was BFII, too.

LA-developed has to be Grim Fandango. On the Star Wars side, it was Starfighter.

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    :oops:

Anyway
    I'm going to agree with Gry's reasoning.

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What? Saying it's not a good combination only because of one game is a bit exaggerated, don't you think?

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Someone changed the title! Sounds like I support the game. :p

13. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    For $5 a month, the game is fun for what it is. The tower defense game is worth $5 on its own.

14. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I disagree, Racer is fantastic. That game was brilliant, except for The Abyss. That racetrack is impossible to win.
    Was Republic Commando developed by Pandemic as well? It has the label on the box, but I see no other reference of their involvement.

15. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    This game is perfect for kids, which is great because it's aimed for kids.

16. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I watched my younger brother play it today. The game looks "meh" in my opinion, but its clearly directed at a younger audience. So, I won't bother.

My younger brother loves it to death already.:p

17. Rexter-fangirl

Rexter-fangirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2010
    Still not compatible for the Mac... [face_worried]

18. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    The game can indeed provide mild interest if you subscribe. Otherwise you won't be able to do almost anything. But as it stands, it seems So Okay It's Average.

P.S. The game is also way, way more interesting to play than Republic Heroes. The Reason? In this game, you can actually lose!

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I thought if you loose lifes while playing you would loose trophies. I also don't mind the inexistence of a "Continue" screen.

20. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The gameplay and graphics are very good but it is about the glitchiest thing I have ever played! It takes forever to load the games and it won't let you quit while its loading. I had to restart my whole computer just to quit the game.

Lucasarts, here's a word of advise: Once you finally make a decent game, make sure people can play it!

21. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I paid my £4 for a month's membership, and for that price it's a fun little gimmick. Some of the mini-games are actually really addictive and genuinely quite fun (Tower Defense and Republic Attack Cruiser come to mind), but I agree about the glitches; it does appear that the beta phase didn't iron out all the bugs.

22. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I started paying for my monthly subscription about 2 weeks ago. Love the game. Very addictive. Will be playing it all day to wait for TCW season 3 :D.

But yeah, during beta, I sent in a few bug reports, and some of them didn't even get fixed. But whatever.

23. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    There's been an update since yesterday's Season 3 premiere. There are now outfits of Hevy, Young Clone Adult, Lama Su and Shaak Ti available, as well as new levels to the Tower Defense, Starfighter and Lightsaber Duel mini-games, all based around the Battle of Kamino. Can we expect an update after every episode? I hope so.

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes. They have said that from the beginning.

25. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    Ah, must have overlooked that. Jolly good.