main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars and other SW EU on DVD!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by rogue_wookiee, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Yub nub! :D

TC

2. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Cool news. But I cant help being a bit gutted that Ive just aid £35 for 2 Droids vids, 3 Ewoks vids and the Battle For Endor.

Bugger

3. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Why not wait until the third season is over with? Not that I'm not intrested in this news, just that the full series would be more intresting to get on one DVD set (which would probably be just one DVD) over picking up a set with season one and two and then having to pay more to get all three season.

It seemed from the Sansweet presentation that seasons one and two would be on two discs, although i am not sure whether that means each season would be on one disc separately, or sold as a two-disc set with extras.

at the start of the presentation, steve got us all hyped about the big huge DVD release... and then showed clips for Droids and Ewoks... a typical Sansweet presentation... he did it last year with Indy DVDs.

i wonder if the Great Heep will be included with the Droids DVD.

btw, the clone wars season three will be about 5 12-minute episodes, instead of the previous three-minute format.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Any definite release dates for region 2?

JB

5. Kane_Skywalker

Kane_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2001
    I, too, am hoping for The Great Heep in the Droids DVD set. And I hope that seasons 1 and 2 are both available in one boxed set. Ditto for Ewoks.

I'm betting that the Ewok TV movies will be on one DVD. Or at least in the same pack. Unless they happen to have a fair amount of supplements, which I doubt. ( Beyond TV commercials. )

It'd be nice if the Clone Wars DVD was seasons 1 and 2, which would only make it about a couple hours long, anyway. And then seasons 3 and 4 ( if made ) could be on another DVD, in late '05.

6. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    wasn't there only one season of Droids, but two of Ewoks?

7. Kane_Skywalker

Kane_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2001
    Actually, there may have been three seasons of Droids, and two of Ewoks. But definetly, at least two, of each.

8. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    hmm most online sources only list episode titles for 1 season of droids (13 episodes plus the Great Heep) and two for Ewoks..

9. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    It seemed from the Sansweet presentation that seasons one and two would be on two discs, although i am not sure whether that means each season would be on one disc separately, or sold as a two-disc set with extras.

Having seen all of both seasons, I don't see why they'd need two discs to release both seasons, unless you did a set like the prequel movie DVDs where one disc contains the movie and the other is a special features disc. And even that is questionable. When they showed the full series earlier this year, they could have easily have shown it all at once without breaks in between and it would have been what, an hour to mabye about a hour and ten minutes at most? I look at DVD tv series sets like M*A*S*H where there are six to eight episodes on a single disc and the disc is about three to four hours of viewing material, with maybe a minimum of three discs to get an entire season. Each Clone Wars season was around 10 three mintue episodes, with the Grevious episode being the longest, in comparison with series where episodes, with commercial breaks in them, were half an hour in length, and I'd estimate around twenty-five minutes without the commercials. It just doesn't make sense to me to say "Oh, at most both seasons are about half an hour in length so we need two DVDs, either in a set or selling both seasons individually, in order to get out both Clone Wars seasons." It seems like you could easily put both season and an hour or two of special features on a single disc without the need for anything more.

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    We'll find a droid to blame for this. How about a Treadwell?

11. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I seriously doubt that they would put the Droids series on DVD without including The Great Heap.

If they are not willing to release the entire Holiday Special, at the very least they should put the animated short as an extra on one of the new DVDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.