main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Clone Wars Animated Movie Line Up - 8.15.08

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Lt_Dak-Ferris, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Someone with a DVR should record a ton of these and have a viewing party. I am actually liking this series now.

Man though buncha people were pissed when a "curse word" was used on the episode the other night. It is PG-13 rated as a very smart man reminded me the other day.

2. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
    Finally saw the film on LodgeNet last week.
    I'm the opposite of a spoiler-avoider, so I already had a headful of expectations.

Having said that, I'll admit to enjoying the 'film.'
    But I've got to say that the age-level of the dialog was a bit insulting, when coupled with the amount of killing.
    i.e. the dialog was well below a 13-year-old's level (constantly re-hashing the plot), whereas the violence (clones being killed, with agonized screams...Wilhelms and other) was at a level well above that.
    I cannot in good conscience let my 4 year old watch it (un-edited) although she would probably 'get,' and enjoy, it due to the Dora-esque plot cues.

Possibly resulting from the above considerations, my favorite part was where Ahsoka actively defended the clone-driver of the walker as it climbed toward the monastery...that's the way jedi ought to behave in battle: knowledge and defense.

-drew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.