main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CLONE WARS Animated Series on CARTOON NETWORK!!!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by dolphin, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    If CW does go ahead, I hope the animation will be like that of X-Men: Evolution.

2. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yes, I agree because Evolution has a bigger budget: The style is better and the animation is far superior. If they can add the feel of Samurai Jack then Clone Wars will be something special.

I stopped watching SG:Infinity after only seeing three episodes...its just not as intersting as I first thought. I do like the design and overall look but it just seems too Expanded from the movie and tv series to me...

3. BobaFett688

BobaFett688 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2001
    You guys are excited? I'm dreading this, and here's why.

See, I wasn't alive yet during the failures of tbe Holiday Special or the Ewoks and Droids cartoons (those sucked, right? If not, tell me.) I actually have seen the Ewok Adventures movie, and it's horrible. So what would lead me to beleive this would be anything but a failure? I only know Star Wars on a screen as the movies.

I dunno, if they go through with it, it better not suck. Just my opinion.

4. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Well, Lucas knows the anticipation of The Clone Wars was something fans have wanted to see since Mark Hamill/Luke first mentioned it. As a 6-year old in 77 it sure sounded cool to me back then.(Mom, Dad...what's a clone?) I read that Lucas was really proud of what ILM did for AOTC finale: "Now THIS is the Clone Wars!"

Samurai Jack is awesome so an animated series in that caliber for Star Wars is very promising. Droids, Ewoks, Chewie's Holiday Special, Muppets, etc , forget all that stuff.

If the project is scrapped entirely, well there's always the Dark Horse comic books and upcoming books.

5. Devistro

Devistro Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    Oh God please don't let it look like Samurai Jack. That look would be just awful for a Star Wars series. I really hate animated characters that looks like a little kid cut it out of cardboard. No offense to any who like that style though.

6. newjack

newjack Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2003
    I personally hope this doesnt happen,although it may be cool for us fans.Its only going to make Star Wars more disrepectfull towards the film industry and general public,gonna make Star Wars even more of a kids movie and overcommercialized franchise.

7. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Upon hearing and seeing(in the dvd extras) the creative contributions ILM made to the movie, aside from the FX, I am really looking forward to this project.

ILM was partly responsible for selecting the look of Dexter Jettster out of a host of other alternatives, the zoom and shaky shots during the clone battle, the mini dialogue and force demonstration before the Yoda/Dooku saber fight.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. jediknight_2033

jediknight_2033 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2002
  9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    If we can't read, I doubt that link you posted will help any.

:p

Anyway, this thread is way too Star Wars related for this forum. If the project is greenlighted (as is a possibility - if you read all the way to the end of that last provided link) then I'll consider reopening this to discuss the ILM involvement of the series.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    And... up.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/episode2/clonewarsposter_sm.jpg]

Latest Info.

Reopening this thread on a trial basis. I'm still uncomfortable that it's undoubtably a "Star Wars" topic. However we do allow certain Star Wars discussion when it centres on the ILM or Skywalker sound involvement etc.

I'm willing to give this thread another go, so long as it centres on the non-Star Wars plot aspects, such as production values, animation techniques etc.

11. Devistro

Devistro Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    I must say I almost threw up when I saw this but then when I really looked at it some more I thought the look of it was tolerable. I was hoping for a cgi series or something that looks better but what are ya gonna do?

12. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I think it's going to be great. I'm excited about this series.

13. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    It looks exciting. I'm stoked for it! Can't wait to see his war footage sequences. Thanks for the great news.

14. blobo

blobo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/news20030220_1.html

there's a pic of the animation stlye

15. slackerj

slackerj Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    Well, I'm excited, I'm sure it will be very entertaining for any star wars fan.

[color=indigo]OK, now that we have a dedicated forum for this discussion, I will defer all future Clone Wars threads / discussion to this place;

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10467] Small Screen Star Wars [/link]

Please continue this thread in the new forum. Thanks. :) [/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.