main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC CLONE WARS begun they have [Online Risk-like Game - who's in?]

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    HELLO ALL - I came across this game on the Fan Force Boards under Games and Census. Yes I am borrowing their excellent idea so PLEASE DON"T CREDIT ME FOR THIS EXCELLENT CREATION.

Here goes... (With a little modification):

Welcome to CLONE WARS (Originally posted as Star Wars Armies v.1.0. This is a battle strategy game with some/no luck and high diplomacy simliar to board game RISK.

STORY:
    The Kamino CLONE factories have been overrun and Clones have been sold across the galaxy to the highest bidders (YOU). The Universe is on the brink of WAR and a Planet grab is taking place with the absense of the Republic in the outer rim. Claim territory now or you will be enslaved soon! Be ready to make deals and also backstab to get ahead - it's up to you!

Gameplay:

Players: There's me, the GM, which all orders are PMed to and who will keep track of the game, and you, the players (or General's if you want to feel special!) who are the ones controlling the Clones and killing the other players. We need at least 3 people to play, and the maximum is 8.

Objective: To control 8 of the 16 planets. You control a planet when you have armies there and no one else does. The game works by going through four phases, three of which you then repeat. Each phase lasts for a maximum of 3 days (72 hours).

UNITS:
    (G)General - Your most important piece on the boards - Don't leave unguarded - one you lose him - your in trouble [No reinforcements until you rescue him - generals can not die but can be traded and held for ransom] Equal to 5 Clones when Attacking and 5 clones when defending (Like a jedi) - General can move alone or move other troops with him.

(C)Clones - Your regular Troops (Attack and Defend)Can not move without a general or RC team but can attack or defend on same planet as enemy.

(RC)Republic Commando's - Special Forces Team - use them to move troops around to other planets OR go on special missions (Will always count as an attacking army equal to 10 clones and a Defending army of 5 clones)

Phase 1, Placement: Each player starts off with 1 General(G), 200 Clones(C) and 3 Republic Commando(RC) teams which they can place anywhere (Secretly pm'd to me). You PM me where you want to put your units (General, Clones and R.Commandos)-(they can go to different places). This will make some planets have mass armies from three different planets and some planets have no armies. Any planet that has multiple different armies on it or no armies is considered uncontrolled.

Phase 2, Combat: In combat you make as many kills as half your units, rounded up. So if you have 20 units you can make ten kills. Allarmies attack at the same time which means you get to make the kills for all your units, even the ones who died. Example: the Rebels have 10
    units on Hoth while the Empire has 20. Half of 20 is 10 which means that the Empire makes 10 kills on the rebels making them obliterated on Hoth. The Rebels still make 5 kills though (half of 10) bringing the Empire down to 15. KEEP IN MIND - The General and Republic Commando Attacks and Defense bonuses (See above)

Overkill: If you are fighting and you have kills leftover then the extras are used to prevent kills. Example: On Felucia the Republic has 30 units while the CIS has 10. The Republic kills all CIS units and has 5 kills left over which are then used to prevent kills. Since the CIS only makes 5 kills the Republic wins the battle unharmed. Note that you can choose not to use some of your kills so you can have a better
    defense.

3 or more armies on one planet: With a bunch of people fighting each other on the same planet they choose who they kill. Everyone PMs me their battle plans of where their kills go. Example: On Endor the Rebels have 20 units, the Empire has 20 units and the Pirates have 10. The Rebels orders are to kill 10 pirates. The Empire's orders are to kill 10 Pirates. The Pirates' orders are to kill 5 Rebels. This would make the Pirates dead, The Rebels at 15 and the Empire still at 20. Note that the Empire and the Rebels get no overkill

2. slaveone28146

slaveone28146 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    I am in!!!

3. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    That's 1!

4. Darth_Phanax

Darth_Phanax Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2007
  5. Zero_Fallen

Zero_Fallen Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2007
    Me three!

6. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Cool - That's the minimum to play! I will post again soon the planets and what to do next - stay tuned! ANYONE ELSE WANT IN BEFORE WE START?

7. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Guys send a PM to me where you want all your troops (Obviously - first turn - you can place general and republic commandos anywhere you want).

Pick a color (See under format - highlight your text and then pick a color to change it)
    If you have a problem with it I can change for you. I will always report your standings in that color. ALSO PICK A TEAM NAME - Ex. The Mandi's (Mandolorians - get it? Can be anything you want - just be clean and not offensive). The Game starts now so if you want to start offering truces etc.. go ahead or decalre the utter destruction of the universe - whatever... IF more players come in - they will be considered invaders and a surprise but still open for others to play...

Here are the planets available to conquer:

Bespin:
    Coruscant:
    Dagobah:
    Dantooine:
    Endor:
    Felucia:
    Geonosis:
    Hoth:
    Kamino:
    Kashyyyk:
    Mustafar:
    Mygeeto:
    Naboo:
    Tatooine:
    Utapau:
    Yavin 4:

Score:
    Everyone: 0

PM ME WHERE YOUR TROOPS ARE TO GO!

8. slaveone28146

Oct 15, 2007
    Team Chewie

9. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Got it and the PM! What about you other two?

10. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Team Chewie (Jerry - slaveone28146) = purple
    Team Gree (Josh - Darth_Phanax) = orange-red
    Team Zero (Mark - zero_fallen) = blue

Bespin: 10 C 1 RC, 50 C
    Coruscant:
    Dagobah: 20C *Planet Control by Team Chewie
    Dantooine: 1 RC, 20C 1 G, 100 C
    Endor: 10 C *Planet Control by Team Chewie
    Felucia:
    Geonosis: 15 C *Planet Control by Team Chewie
    Hoth: 1 G, 1 RC, 25 C 1 RC, 25 C
    Kamino:
    Kashyyyk:
    Mustafar: 1 RC, 50 C * Planet Control by Team zero
    Mygeeto: 1 RC, 50 C *Planet Control by Team Gree
    Naboo: 50 C 1 G, 75 C
    Tatooine: 1 RC, 15 C 1 RC, 50 C
    Utapau:
    Yavin 4: 35 c *Planet Control by Team Chewie

Score:
    Team Chewie = 4
    Team Gree = 1
    Team Zero = 1

6 Planets Controlled by individual players
    5 Planets embroiled in potential war
    5 Planets Left up for grabs (awaiting the spread of war to come to their planet)

Team Chewie in the lead! Next phase - COMBAT! Let the war/diplomacy begin
    Note: All planets where 1 or 2 teams are present will be calculated automatically for combat. If you share a planet with 2 other teams - YOU MUST PM ME TO TELL ME WHO YOU WILL ATTACK - you can attack 1 player or more. Tell me which units are attacking whom if you are splitting forces on a planet and attacking both players. Will Post 1st results of automatic combat next.

11. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    PII COMBAT RESULTS - Month 01 CLONES BEGUN THEY HAVE!

Bespin: 1 RC, 50 C * Planet Control by Team Gree
    Coruscant:
    Dagobah: 20C * Planet Control by Team Chewie
    Dantooine: 1 G, 100 C * Planet Control by Team Gree
    Felucia:
    Geonosis: 15 C * Planet Control by Team Chewie
    Hoth: 1 G, 1 RC, 10 C *Planet Control by Team Chewie
    Kamino:
    Kashyyyk:
    Mygeeto: 1 RC, 50 C * Planet Control by Team Gree
    Mustafar: 1 RC, 50 C * Planet Control by Team Zero
    Naboo: 1 G, 68 C * Planet Control by Team Zero
    Tatooine: 1 RC, 50 C * Planet Control by Team Zero
    Utapau:
    Yavin 4: 35 c * Planet Control by Team Chewie

Score:
    Team Chewie = 5
    Team Gree = 3
    Team Zero = 3

11 Planets Controlled by individual players
    0 Planets embroiled in potential war
    5 Planets Left up for grabs (awaiting the spread of war to come to their planet)

Team Chewie in the lead! Next phase - COMBAT

12. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    PIII Reinforcements - Month 1 Clone Wars Begun they have....

Team Chewie
    20 Clones +5C for every planet controlled = 25 C's TOTAL Reinforcements = 45 C

Team Gree
    20 Clones +5C for every planet controlled = 15 C's TOTAL Reinforcements = 35 C

Team Zero
    20 Clones + 5C for every planet controlled = 15 C's TOTAL Reinforcements = 35 C

Note: Go back and read rules about reinforcements to trade in some of your new C's for RC teams.

PM me where you want to place the new troops and then your movement (Remember RC and G can move troops around only - ALL NEW TROOPS ARE PLACED ANYWHERE even if RC or G is not there)

13. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    URGENT REPORT:
    "WAR HAS ERUPTED ACROSS THE GALAXY"!

Reporting to you from Imperial Center [Coruscant], Galactic news sadly reports war has broken out across the known regions of space. Our unidentified source high up in the Galactic Republic offices has disclosed the outbreak of war.

The cloning facilities on Kamino have secretly been producing clones from the Jango Fett DNA stock for 10 years now and SELLING them illegally to seedy factions in the Republic. Aparently, there are 3 groups vying for GALACTIC DOMINATION! Chewie, Gree and Zero have exposed their desires to crush those in their way!

We are trying to secure an interview or at the very least a STAEMENT by all 3 factions as to why they are doing this and if there could be a possible truce to war while negotiations begin?

More to come on the 11 ol clock news......

14. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    THIS GAME IS STILL OPEN! Anyone want in - all the math is done for you - you only have to tell me where troops go and who to fight when there are more than 2 teams on the same planet!

15. slaveone28146

Oct 15, 2007
    Team Chewie's Placements are dome and PM sent

16. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    WAR WAR WAR - what in the galaxy is going on.....

SPECIAL REPORT FROM our Man in the Field [Iamasith]:
    URGENT GALACTIC NEWS...

This just in - CLONES HAVE INVADED! Stay in your dwellings - stay off the streets - do not engage the clones! The GALACTIC REPUBLIC will disperse troops as needed and open negotiations with ALL parties!

More to come later...

17. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    INTERGALACTIC NEWS REPORT...
    CNN [Coruscant News Network]

Stock Prices have fallen to an all time low!

War has erupted.

The government on Utapau has collapsed with the outbreak of war and allies destroyed on planets contolled by the invading forces. Utapau is on the brink of starvation [prone for easy take over]. There are 200 battle droids sitting idle without anyone in control of the mother ship. Fear of outside forces coming in and seizing the ship is at it's highest peak [will dtermine winner after movement phase - if more than 2 people move there - wait for movement phase to begin].

Still awaiting reinforcement placement by team zero and gree before posting start of movement - remember you can only reinforce where you already are.

18. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    PIII Reinforcements - Month 01 CLONES BEGUN THEY HAVE!

Clarification of rules...
    I may have confused you! Reinforcements have to go to a planet where you already have troops - can not place them on a planet where you were not at - this would be combat - SORRY! PLEASE Re-send me reinforcement placement. THEN after I post that - you can all send me movement (not before or together). Thank you. Mark will lose his reinforcements if he does not log in by saturday night.

Thank you

19. slaveone28146

Oct 15, 2007
    Sorry about that I guess I need to read better. LOL But I resent it.

20. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Team Chewie Reinforcements:
    1 RC on Hoth
    20 C on Hoth

Team Gree Reinforcements:
    35 C on Mygeeto

Team Zero Reinforcements:
    LOST - not posted in time

ALL TEAMS post movement phase now - pm me!

21. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    PII - Month 02 CLONES BEGUN THEY HAVE!

Bespin: 1 RC, 50 C * Planet Control by Team Gree
    Coruscant:
    Dagobah: 20C * Planet Control by Team Chewie
    Dantooine: 1 G, 100 C * Planet Control by Team Gree
    Felucia:
    Geonosis: 15 C * Planet Control by Team Chewie
    Hoth: 1 G, 2 RC, 30 C *Planet Control by Team Chewie
    Kamino:
    Kashyyyk:
    Mygeeto: 1 RC, 85 C * Planet Control by Team Gree
    Mustafar: 1 RC, 50 C * Planet Control by Team Zero
    Naboo: 1 G, 68 C * Planet Control by Team Zero
    Tatooine: 1 RC, 50 C * Planet Control by Team Zero
    Utapau:
    Yavin 4: 35 c * Planet Control by Team Chewie

Score:
    Team Chewie = 5
    Team Gree = 3
    Team Zero = 3

11 Planets Controlled by individual players
    0 Planets embroiled in potential war

Team Chewie in the lead! Next phase - Movement

22. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    INTERGALACTIC NEWS REPORT...
    CNN [Coruscant News Network]

The new government on Utapau has reported that the planet is now back under control but the 200 Battle droids are missing along with the very hard to hide control ship. Last sighting was thru Imperial Center's space. This rogue force may or may not be under control by an outside party not currently involved by the fighting clone armies. BE ON THE LOOKOUT - The Republic is afraid that one of the waring factions will seize the control ship and make matters worse. PLEASE REPORT ANY SIGHTINGS.

23. slaveone28146

Oct 15, 2007
    Movement sent in!!!

24. Zero_Fallen

Zero_Fallen Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2007
    Post! what now?

25. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Team Zero - you get 35 clone replacements - tell me in a pm where you want them on (On a planet where you already have troops).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.