main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Clone Wars Cartoon Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    We kinda had one on the party thread, but I figure it deserves its own.

Just post what you think after you see each episode.

Episode 1

It was exciting, and got the plot rolling. I'm quite impressed what they can fit into 3-5 minutes. I like the visual style of everyone in the series, with the potential exception of Palpy, who is so bad he is good. The only thing that felt contrived was Palpy forcing his will on the Jedi there. It wasn't that bad, but it was just a little too sharp of a cut off to sit perfect with me. I love seeing Ani's ship, as well as the new clone fighters. Sal, what are those ships called? BTW girls, it's an All Terrain Tactical Enforcer.

Episode 2
    Our first story arc! Sweet! I love the minimalist dialogue as well. This toon works w/ or w/o words. Not a whole lot to this one, I liked seeing Obi charge off into battle while the special ops team goes to infiltrate the city. I like the SAM firing BD. Why are they all salmon colored now? Does anyone know what made them go from their original dusty color?

Episode 3
    What a show! the ARC troopers are bad @$$. ;) Does the toy of the red one have the blaster pistols (love the Jango twirl)? I also like the use of the remote viewing thing. Does anything get better than the blue trooper taking out the AAT? Did anyone else notice how this episode was like the Guns of Navaronne (or the remake Force 10 form Navaronne?) Gotta love the tough post to end it all. Great show. Can't wait to see what's to come.

2. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    I loved in Episode 2 how they followed the Arc Troopers...I missed Episode 3, but it sounds good...I tried taping them but didn't have a chance, so I hope they have it on DVD when it is all over!

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    It is called a V-19 Clone Fighter.

And yes, Shewski is correct about the AT-TE.

I love this animation. If you watch if over and over it definitely becomes longer and I think you can enjoy it more.

I haven't seen chapter 3 yet and SW.com has a screw up in the Hyperspace section. (When you click to view chapter 3 it gives you chapter2) sigh, oh well. I hope they get that fixed soon.

No Shewski the Red Arc doesn't come with pistols, but thankfully I have extra from deluxe and accessory toy sets that I can add to mine that I just got last night from Josh. THANKS JOSH!

Did anyone else notice that the animators made a mistake in chapter 2? The mistake is the ARC trooper gunship. It has dark color markings when we see it zoom away from Obi-wan, but once it's in the city it's the normal red colors. Hmm they let one slip by them. No biggie, they did make a toy based off of it though.

4. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I love it!!

I've been taping them. Hope it turns out ok.

I agree with shewski about palpy. He is sooooo badly drawn he's good, lol. And I LOVE the arc troopers, they rock!

Too bad they're so short. *sigh*

5. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I'm so mad that i work almost every night at 8....is anyone taping them that could eventually loan them to me?

6. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    yes, I'm taping them. (*grin* hope the copyright folks don't come knocking on my door now)

Tuesday night, 7:55, my sister called. The kids were all very very upset since they were not going to be home in time to see that night's episode and she wanted to know if I would tape it. They came up with that all on their own! I'm so proud that they are being raised right :)

Looking forward to Episode 5 -- Kit Fisto!

7. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    I missed Ch 2. I thought these were just going to be on Fridays. But I saw 3 and thought that was really cool. Seeing how the troopers move and conduct their assaults is pretty cool.
    Saw Ch 4 tonight and that wasnt too bad either. Got to see the entrance of Durge and he made his presence known well by taking out that whole line of tanks! Though it was kinda humerous to see he had a jousting rod. Eh, oh well.
    And realizing these are all about 4 minutes long, putting all what? 20 together will be an episode of SW in its own. That will be cool watching them all back to back.

8. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    For those that missed them, they will be rerun on Nov 21st 730pm EST 1-5 and 6-10 at 930pm EST.
    You can also try less reputable means (ie Kazaa) for finding them.

9. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Or you could join Hyperspace on the official SW site. That's how I've seen chapters 3 and 4.

BTW Ch3 was AWESOME! Those ARC troopers REALLY ROCK! I have a newfound respect for them now!

I didn't like Ch4 as much. Lances in the SW universe seem very out of place. The IG droids (Yes they are the precursors to IG-88 from Emipre Stikes Back) looked cool. But I don't think they could have gotten such a big drop on the main offensive line of troopers and ships...

10. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Maybe they are "vibro" lances? In C4 you definitely see the Sam. Jack references... the assassin droids are black like the bad demon in SJ, the swoop jousting has a medieval theme. It was over the top, and most likely unrealistic, but they needed to establish Durge as a threat and they did in 4 min. They don't have the time to afford to show the nimble IG-jousters harrass and take down the slow SP-AT (is that what those guns are called?), so they took a shortcut.

Could these be IG-72s? Weren't they mentioned in one of the EU stories?

11. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I'll catch the reruns YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yeah, I'd go with the vibro-lances. Since they have vibro-everything else (daggers, swords, pikes, etc) That would also explain, sort of, how they were able to rip into the armor. :)
    I'm a bit disappointed with last nights. FOr being the main character, I was hoping Fisto would speak! At least they got his grin down LOL

13. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I thought they were to explain how his saber worked in the water???

I really liked the Separatist/republic underwater designs. Very neat ideas.

14. JediJasen

Apr 15, 2002
    Damn I missed that one. The electricity went out over here the night before and didnt get back on till late last night - already missing um, Ch 6 I think. Shoot. Well hopefully I'll catch the reruns.

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    FISTO IS THE MAN!!!!! or should I say Aquaman!

Wow, lots of force usage! Hand swipes deflecting missles, lightsaber, reflecting laser blasts, and that air bubble trick, amazing!

This was by far my favorite chapter!

I just read last night in the Essential Guide to Aliens and Creatures book about the differences the Quarren and Mon Cal's had. A vague referenc was mad eto past trouble between the two races and how they've managed to finally come together. So this story could very well be included as canon and not mess with continuity one bit.

16. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I have been Very happy w/ the series so far! Each Episode kepps getting better and better.

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I thought they were to explain how his saber worked in the water

They did, sort of. There's a behind the scenes short you can download from TF.N. In it, Genndy mentions something about Fisto's saber having a duo phase double crystal setup or something like that :)

18. JediJasen

Apr 15, 2002
    Wow I missed Kit's episode but seeing what happend on the Previous part - him making a bubble in the water - that was wicked!

And I thought Durg's soldiers looked awfully like IG-88 but I didnt think so...cool.

19. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Asajji RULES! I must know more about her! Who trained her? Why does she hate the Jedi so much? Is she another abandoned padawan like Aurra was? Did ya' notice she was using traditional blue/green blades in her 'audition' for Dooku?

Oh, sorrow, if only I was about 50 pounds lighter I would even now be harrasing my sister for a Asaji costume.

20. JediJasen

Apr 15, 2002
    She was pretty cool.
    Im thinking she was a Jedi cause of her saber colors.
    But she is a strong Sith doing what she did.

21. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm confused. I read a clone wars Graphic novel from DH, and Asajj was in it w/ Mace. Was this before or after the shows?

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    [Quote from]greencat336
    Asajji RULES! I must know more about her! Who trained her? Why does she hate the Jedi so much? Is she another abandoned padawan like Aurra was? Did ya' notice she was using traditional blue/green blades in her 'audition' for Dooku?
    [End Quote]

Okay Chris to answer your question you only need to go to the official site for more info,I tried pasting it here for ease but somehow the site has that blocked from me. Anyway here's the link:

Asaaj Ventress

[Quote from]Shewski
    I'm confused. I read a clone wars Graphic novel from DH, and Asajj was in it w/ Mace. Was this before or after the shows?
    [End Quote]

Mike, don't take the timelines of the two together. As illustrated by the link above, we see that She was trained in the Jedi Arts by a Jedi who was unintentionally abandoned on her homeworld of Rattatak. Count Dooku found her and trained her further but not in the ways of the Sith as there can "only be two". SHe learned his saber style and took on two sabers that closely resembled Dooku's curved saber hilts. This all happens before the comics and cartoons together, but the comics have eluded to some of this whereas the cartoon doesn't have time to go into it so it just thrusts it all up in the forefront and mashes it all together. As far as what you should "believe" to be "canon" that's for you to decide, but I go with what the "official" site puts up, because well...their official.

23. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Yes Ventress was very impressive. I liked Durges showing too. I am looking forward to seeing another person I've heard will be on here but who's name I anm withholding for spoiler reasons. I can't wait till after friday when I can watch them all at once!

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Hmmm, Josh. If you mean ... spoiler ahead...

General Grevious, he's not in it until the chapters in the spring. Well, let's say he doesn't make it past chapter 20 anyway.

Highlight area above for spoiler.

25. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Thanks for the timeline, Sal. So it appears that this latest episode happened in the past, before or right after ep2. How soon after ep2 is the series supposed to take place?

Anways, her line "I am Sith" identifies her desire, not who she is. Then this comic that I read takes place a month or two after e2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.