main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Clone Wars Cartoon Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    For a definitive timeline on the CLONE WARS, go here:

CLONE WARS Timeline

I think chapter six of the cartoon would definitely have taken place before the battle of Jabiim. Also Dooku had some time to train her anywhere from Six months to a year, so this chapter probably takes place within 3 months of AotC. Recall that we see in Chapter 1 Dooku has the Quarren on his side and it again is seen in chapter 5. The quarren were already an ally of Dooku before AotC. (Notice the Senator from Mon Calamari-Senator Tikkes is part of the Confederacy and sits at the table on Geonosis.)

Strange thing also. Note the name of the Quarren Seperatist movement-the Quarren Isolation League or QIL. "Q" without the u after it is pronounced like a "K" so QIL is KILL! Hmmm, disturbing this is...

2. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Yeah, how hard would it be to put something like "... several months ago" in the toon? C'mon!

Ok, well that works. I wonder when they will place the battle of Munillist (sp) on the official timeline.

3. Mobius-Won

Mobius-Won Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2003
    I do believe Chapter 7 was my favorite so far.

4. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    That was a great chapter. Though I found it laughable when Sidious said Ventress's lightsabers skills were impressive. She hardly showed them against Dooku. Still, she is an invigorating figure within the SW universe. Never before have we had a female as truly evil as she appears to be. Even Mara jade was not so evil when she was the Emperor's Hand. Nice use of the Force by Dooku. I've often wondered why that trick was never used before, force grabbing a saber away from another that is. The closest we come to it is when Vader takes away Han's blaster in Empire. The only thing I didn't really like was that Sidous's teeth were all broken and "icky". Palpatine are not. If they are the same then what's up with that? I'd say this is probably my 3rd or 4th favorite of them so far.

Don't forget fans that Cartoon Network will be showing all 10 chapters this Friday. So set your VCR's. So far it's supposed to be the first five at 7:30 pm them the last five right after the Pokemon movie. I believe that is 9:30, but I could be wrong. I'm haveing Em tape from 7pm til midnight just to be safe. We're using a tv at her work that has cable to tape it. Strange I know.

5. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Ah, so this is when (in AV's bio) she is "tested" by Dooks. Fun episode! I liked Sid's vampire teeth.

"I ahm Darvth Sideeus. I vant to suck your bluud!"

Maybe Sen Palpy wears caps... ;) Or they are not the same person!!!!

6. jaster_meerle

jaster_meerle Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    a little oh topic, i havent seen any of the cartoons, but force 10 from navaronne was a really sweet movie

7. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Gooboodoy doooboody drealllskt aheadh!

(I loved the toon last night... cannot make sense w/o great effort!)

What is going on? Not only does Durge have enough tricks to make any Fett tremble w/ envy, he can regenerate (and is purple?)!!!

Ok, the swoops lances are a great visual, but really silly. Why not shoot at each other. It's pretty cool to see the Knights on their metal steeds, through.

OK, back to the Durginator. He's super strong. He's go a gatling gun and a flamethrower. He's got bolas and a mace. WOWZA!!! BTW, Obi had some nice "Neo" moments in this episode. He's got wrist shield thingies. He rocks!!!

I was reading up on his history at the Clone Wars Databank that Sal posted, it is very cool.

I also found that the IG droids are made in the image of the tall members of the InterGalactic Banks Clan.. hence IG.

8. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    There's a rumor that Palpatine is always withered looking, but that he uses a Sith illusion to appear as the more normal looking Chancellor. Is it true? I sort of like the possibility.

I also find it cool that Sidious orders Asajj to assassinate Anakin, while at the same time, he is considering Anakin as a possible apprentice. It goes to show how ruthless he is, that he is always willing to let his servants (or potential servants) die if they are not strong enough. I'd hate to have a boss who tested me with death all the time!

Brendon

9. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Brendon, you are correct inasmuchas the rumor is out that Palps keeps his true visage shrouded by the darkside, but it hasn't been confirmed (or denied) by Lucasfilm. If this is the case however, it should make for one heck of a revelation in EPIII.

BTW, I think Chapter 8 was AWESOME. Obi-wan in CLone armor was too cool for words. I definitely hope this comes out as a figure. Animated or otherwise!

10. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    yes obi-wan in clone stooper uniform is a must!

11. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    OMG that was sweet! Obi Wan really kicked some a**! And I knew Durge wasnt dead, that was a bit too easy of a fight I must say. What the heck is he?!

12. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Well, now I'm disgusted with what Durge has become. He's like a flesh and blood Terminator. Bleah, not in the SW Universe thank you very much. Notice at the end of Chapter 9 his liquified flesh started oozing away? So I imagine "He'll be back"...

As soon as they can get away from this character the better. The action figure is okay, but the abilities of this character do not fall in line with traditional SW characters. Yes, I know it's a big universe, but IMO, Durge is a bit extreme even for SW.

13. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I agree with you. He's like Plastic Man on crack. I hope we don't get an exploding Durge action figure anytime soon.

14. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah Durge is like too much to be in SW. And he is like terminator like a cross between that t-1000 and that clay guy from batman. But was cool how that clone did that zappy thing from his hand. ha!

15. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm happy w/ Anakin finally showing why he is the best pilot in the galaxy.

Great first 10- as long they limit Durge being able to be stretch armstrong, and have him focus on his tricks/strength/regeneration, I'm cool with him.

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Hmm very reminiscent (sp?) of the trench run from the original movie. The "chicken" run at the end was a good cliff hanger, though we know Anakin lives of course. Stinks we'll have to wait until the spring for the next 10 chapters.

Well hears hoping for the DVD of these.

BTW, Em forgot to take the VCR in to her work to record it there (They have a TV w/cable there-go figure). Anyway, if anyone can record this tonight it would be appreciated. Cartoon Network is playing all ten chapters tonight starting with the first 5 chapters at either 7 or 7:30 PM then the Pokemon movie then right after the movie chapters 6-10. I want to copy these and make a dvd of them so if someone does record this and will lend me the tape please let me know. Thanks.

17. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    My taping of episodes hit a major snag. I haven't been home all week (except Thurs) so I only have 1-6 on tape. Also, I am going out tonight, so no 7-10 (i've never gotten the advance program thing on the vcr to work).

Is it playing again this weekend?

18. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    You can always catch them at cartoonnetwork.com or starwars.com.
    As far as Durge, they obviously are taking some artistic license in so much as that this is a cartoon. I don't think we'd ever see a Jedi jump out of a flying Gunship 100s of feet in the air or Obi ride a swoop halfway up a building then force jump off in a movie :)
    Genndy mentions in the audio commentary version of that ep that they debated whether or not to make Durge like that since it may not have been SW-ish. Then he talks about every episode/movie expanding on the galaxy and adding new things like a shapeshifter in AOTC, which I wouldn't have thought SW until then.

19. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Chris
    Cartoon network is reshowing the cartoon at 6:00 right now they are up to chapter 3. I have all 10 on tape and CD if you want you can copy my tape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.