main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Cartoon music (was 'The missing')

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ViniciusOliczesky, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViniciusOliczesky

ViniciusOliczesky Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    Is that just me or is anyone missing the "real" star wars music? Chapter 1 was just great 'cause of the combination of content + music. that was the perfect star wars universe to me, but now, don't know,it just seems loose action, no feeling ,that's just not star wars to me.
    anyone feels the same?

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Actually, I'm not.

I am glad they're not using the movie Star Wars music for one reason: I don't want to be thinking about the scene of the Star Wars movies while watching these cartoons. When it's this way, it doesn't distract me. :)

(Like at the end of the first episode, when they used the AOTC end music, that was really... Distracting. I kept thinking about how similar it was to AOTC without thinking about the cartoon.)

So, no, I don't miss it. :)

3. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    You've kinda got a problem with that, eh Sithy?

Same thing happened to you when TPM music got used in AOTC...

:p

But I agree. Too bad they couldn't have gotten John Williams to write these "mini-scores".

4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I am glad they're not using the movie Star Wars music for one reason: I don't want to be thinking about the scene of the Star Wars movies while watching these cartoons. When it's this way, it doesn't distract me.

An excellent point, actually. :)

I think the movies' soundtrack is meant *specifically* for a theatrical experience... it doesn't make sense to me to use the same approach for small-screen animated material. :)

5. Darth_Nubian

Darth_Nubian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Well, it seems I was beat to the punch on starting an *Official* Clone Wars Cartoon Music Thread! :(

To add my two cents:

I've really enjoyed the music so far and like Sithman said, having music from the movies would be too distracting.

My personal favorite is what I am OFFICIALLY labeling as the Clone Trooper Theme music: The music played in Chapter 3 whenever the Clones go on the offensive. Quite awesome!

EDIT:

As a side note, I'm 2 for 2 on this board for getting my threads locked! While it would be entertaining (for myself), and [Vader voice]all too easy[/Vader voice] to go for the hat trick, I'm going to take the high road and express my frustration here with a few choise words...

...well, maybe some other time. :D

6. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    The music would be better if it weren't crappy and synthesized.

-Paul

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I love the clone wars music. It's great to hear proper JW music, but having new music is cool aswell :)

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I was a bit dissapointed to not hear it in Episode III, but what they had worked.

9. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    My favorite musical moments so far:

The shot from the ceiling of the RAC looking down on the Gunships as they are getting prepped in chapter 2.

Durge's walk to his speeder bike in chapter 4.

The music in both of those scenes seems to perfectly complement what's happening on the screen. Same forumla that makes the music work so brilliantly in the films.

10. Drath

Drath Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    I didn't miss the film music in Ch 3, but I hope it's not gone because I don't agree that it hurts the cartoon to use the Williams score. Personally I hope we'll hear Duel of the Fates when Anakin fights Ventress, but it won't kill me if we don't. Just so long as it's not the same pieces of music over and over and over again. Even as a kid I hated it when cartoons did that.

11. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    It was cool for Chapter 1 to have the original, theatrical music, but I don't mind it not being around in these later chapters :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.