main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Clone Wars Cartoon Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    ok, my last post was pointless because my parents are going out to dinner tonight so, yeah I can't get a ride, I'm planning to go to the Lifeday Party though so can someone pick a name for me?

2. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    I need someone to pick a name for me and Abbey too in the even that I can't make it tonight.

Chris

3. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Ya'll are going down harder than the Stillers! Oh, it's true, it's true.

BTW, pre-emptive thanks to Tina for bringing me back my empty plates. I hope you all enjoyed the cookies! The PB ones are in my car now!

4. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Em is going to be a bit late. Seems I forgot the Trophy at home for the Interclubbal Tourney.
    [EDIT] I should elaborate. She has to go home to pick this up. She's coming from Coraopolis to Whitehall (home) then Chris's.[End EDIT] That's why she'll be a bit later. Still before 8pm though.

On another note, it appears that I left my copy of Epic Duels at Tina's house from the Halloween party. If you picked it up by mistake and are coming to the party tonight please bring it.

5. Mobius-Won

Mobius-Won Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2003
    How was the party? I just watched the whole 5 minutes of the cartoon. It wasn't too bad.

6. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    It wasn't to bad! I just wish they could be longer!

7. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I liked the cartoon, although I also would have liked it to be longer. Seemed like it was over before it even really got started. I think the stylized drawings of the characters looked fantastic, except Padme, who looked about 12 (although she had a cool dress). Grumpy Yoda and Obi were very funny, and WOW! what can you say about Palpatine . . . rainbows under the eyes, pointy hair, wavey arms. I want a Palpy doll that looks just like that. :) Also, the seven second premier for the next episode was hysterical. And wiggle chicken. Wiggle chicken was neat.

I had a great time at the get together and was glad so many folks could make it. We had a mini-meeting taking care of a few random items of business (like drawing names for lifeday and putting out the idea that the SWAP bank fund could be used to help finance the group's trip to Celebration III)

Much food was eaten (yummmy cookies, Yoda Soda) Epic Duels was played (with yours truly finally taking possession of the trophy, which looks excellent on the mantel in my SW room and Chris-Stacina-Rajinn taking second place). While the final 'campionship' game of Epic Duels was being played, everyone else played a game about Beans. (don't ask me, I haven't the slightest idea).

Afterwards, Monty Python and the Holy Grail was watched.

It was a very very fun time and I hope we can all get together again and repeat the experience soon!

8. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    WIGGLE CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Party was a great time. Chili ruled. Cartoon was fun. Mucho thanks to Chris for hosting.

Needs sleep badly,
    Yours Truly

P.S. What's the release schedule for those crazy things? Would it be possible for me to meet up with someone to catch a few installments if they tape them when they air?

10. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    the schedule is on the Cartoon Network website under the clone wars part...the next one is tonight, it's every weeknight for 2 weeks...

11. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Thanks for hosting us, Chris!

12. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    hey, just wondering, did anyone pick out names for the people who weren't there?

13. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    I want a wiggle chicken! And the chapter was too short.

14. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    yes cartoon was great.thanks to chris for hosting us!

15. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    yeah i picked for you allie (as well as bonnie)...i'll pm you tomarrow when i open the envelope.

16. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    three minutes is just too short! Of course, three minutes is better than no minutes.

I love those seven second previews of the next episode.

Nice little bit of interaction between Obi and Ani.

Voices . . . those aren't the original actors are they? They sound good, but it seems to me I heard that except for C3PO they aren't the originals.

Can't wait for tonight's episode and yes, I'm recording them.

17. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Thanks for hosting Chris. I had fun. Congrats on your win, FINALLY, in the Inter-clubbal Tourney, for Epic Duels.

I enjoyed the cartoon. It does get longer everytime you watch it. I just watched it twice as well as the second episode online at the official SW site. The site has a "hi-res" version for Hyperspace members. Glad I joined it.

YOU CANNOT Download it, (please don't ask, I've tried) That stinks, but I can understand why. They don't give you the 7 second preview either, on the site.

I'm looking forward to these eventually being on DVD. If not, I'm going to need that tape or a copy of it, Chris (GreenCat) so I can convert it to digital and make a DVD of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.