main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Clone Wars Cartoon

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    So,

The Clone Wars Cartoon is going to air on Cartoon Network...

And it will be on Friday Nights!!!

[face_dancing]

2. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    There will be a lot of "hype" coming soon involving this...

So, keep your eyes open...

There will be several events coming up soon. We need as many who can to show in costume and support the future of Star Wars!!!!

3. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Yes, the future looks bright...better than some aspects of the past...i.e. Hosey Crotch right?

4. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Hey, how about that Clone Wars midnight madness thing happening at our local TRU on the 26th?
    Are you guys thinking about going to that or making an event out of it?

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I think that we are... Look here for more information as soon as I can get it posted... (Must go call Nyborg)

I also know that we will be doing several events on the weekend that the Cartoon hits theaters...

Looking forward to all the Clone War Goodness...

And StarkRhavyn
    Maybe we can finally meet you!!!!

on a side noteAnyway... And if you're wondering what exactly "hosey crotch" means... Well, if you never make an event with the Dallas Fan Force...or Dragon Con... I promise that I will post pictures of the "hosey Crotchiness" after this years Dragon Con!!!

6. StarkRhavyn

Jul 11, 2003
    Cool, so then Hyper, maybe you know, is it Friday night/Saturday morning midnight, or Saturday night/Sunday morning midnight?

7. RazorbackJedi

RazorbackJedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2007
    OK. I'm not sure about the exact times...

But, Nyborg is waiting a call back from both Toys R Us's... (Is that the plural of Toys R Us?)

Anyway, we will probably be doing something? However... Don't know what...

If they don't need an "event" then we can all meet up and buy our toys and go hang out at IHop or something like that???

Just keep your eyes open... We'll post information as soon as we have it....

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    OK... That above post was posted under Gary's user name....
    He was still logged into my laptop... Oops...

That was me...

Just keep watching and we'll get the information posted as soon as we have it...

9. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    So are we going to get the theatre to let us in for a pre-screening this time?

When do tickets go on sale at Chenal 9?

Should I take my kids to a midnight showing?

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    a. We're going to the Dickinson to work the crowds. (Thats the Imax)

b. I'm not going to push for anything but water and being able to come inside in the cool.

c. As of Saturday night, he didn't know if there was going to be a midnight there....

d. We're going to costume the day that looks to be the busiest...

More detailed information will be announced soon. Keep a watch on this thread for more information!

11. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    So, I really liked the two episodes that aired friday! Anyone else?

12. StarkRhavyn

Jul 11, 2003
    This comic pretty much sums it up for me.
    http://cad-comic.com/sillies.php?d=20081004

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005

I enjoyed it... You've got to realize that it's not supposed to be an oscar/tony/whatever award you want to insert here winning thing... It's 20 minutes of fun... escapism...
    And for that... considering cartoon action of today... I enjoyed it. I'll keep watching it. My kids loved it. So, for as a generation of Star Wars fans that had to make do with the Droids and Ewoks cartoons... I'd say that today's kids have an advantage we did not.

14. StarkRhavyn

Jul 11, 2003
    I think I'd like it more on mute, but then I couldn't here the sound effects.

I really wish they had just made this a Lego Star Wars show. Then it would have an excuse to be so corny and it would not interfere with continuity.

I groaned when they showed highlights for the upcoming episodes that mentioned an attack on Kamino? again!

15. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    From what I read I believe that the creator of the show is trying to incorporate elements from the comics, so who knows whats gonna re-happen. Still I enjoy it. I really think Plo Koon is awesome. I like how the guy is making it look/feel like Star Wars, something that the Prequels couldnt get down I think. That used feeling of Star Wars if you know what I mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.