main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico Clone Wars Cartoon!

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Lord_Nyom, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Nyom

Lord_Nyom Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    Bueno, la siguiente noticia es sacada de Ain-it-cool-news.com:

CLONE WARS Animated Series on CARTOON NETWORK!!!

Hey folks, Harry here... As always my spies in Lucasfilm, well... pretty much they kickass. I love em, because as always they provide me with the ability to see and hear things far before the average person. So much so at times that the news seems made up, but in reality... It's just out there waiting for the rotation of the earth to pass round the sun enough times to catch up to the news.

This came from a source that I ABSOLUTELY TRUST, he/she/it has been providing news to AICN for years out of Lucasfilm - and he/she/it doesn't drop the ball. I'm told that very very few people know the following bit of info, so getting confirmation on it will most likely be a bitch, but since this sort doesn't tickle the jewels without following through, I'm going with it.

There have been top secret meetings between Lucasfilm and Cartoon Network, and they are in ADVANCE DISCUSSIONS to do an immense animated series called CLONE WARS. The time frame is still being discussed as either starting the year before Episode 3 hits theaters, or the Summer of Episode 3. Lucas is negotiating for a huge 50-60 episode order!!!

I just hope that they get smart and get some of the talent that worked on DROIDS a billion years ago that has evolved into somebody super great at the Animated Series... How cool would it be if they brought on Paul Dini to be a Writer/Producer for this? Can you ******* imagine? Ok, that's me being a fanboy, but dammit, nobody writes better toons on TV! NOBODY! This news will most likely be denied till Lucasfilm and Cartoon Network are ready to Announce, but you heard it here first!

Watch your language o mira tu lengua. Whichever one is actually grammatically correct. ;)

2. Corran_Horn_

Corran_Horn_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    TF.N tambien saco la noticia.

Esto puede ser muy, muy cool. . .

Or really, really scary. . .

But in all truth, it sounds like a rumor. I don't think GL would go for it.

3. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Crap, you beat me to it!

Oh man, this is big news! Estoy pumpeao, espero que esto sea verdad. Todo depende como corran la serie, que no pongan un chamaquito y una nena como protagonista, sino qeu pongan a Obi, Mace, Anakin, Yoda y el resto. Quiero ver las batallas, los conflictos, todo!

Ok, me calmo ahora. Talk among yourselves'

4. Corran_Horn_

Corran_Horn_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    Me vienen flashbacks de la animacion de el Holiday Special. . .y de Droids. . .y de EWOKS!

AAAAAAAK!

Tiene potencial, pero el track record de LFL haciendo cartoons no es muy bueno que digamos.

5. Skalderan

Skalderan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Mano aunque creo que esto suena muy exitante pienso que si van a hacer una serie animada de Sw deberia ser sobre el Expanded Universe ya que el tema de los clone wars esta siendo visto en las peliculas... ademas espero que no sea una animacion mediocre... i expect good quality Anime o Computer Animation!

6. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    Yo tambien estoy super pompiao por la noticia que Nyom postio aqui! Creo que es una buen buena idea , mientras este bien hecha! Mientras mantenga el tono de AOTC deveria ser buena.

7. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Pues yo estoy de acuerdo con Skalderan.
    Seria overkill hacer una serie animada de los Clone Wars, cuando esta la pelicula, libros , comics y juegos de video.

Deberia ser una historia nueva basada en EU.

8. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Bueno aqui tiene mas info que aparecio en TF.Net

You may have seen the report on AICN about an animated series based on the Clone Wars being in the works between Lucasfilm and the Cartoon Network. Our independent sources checked into this rumor and confirmed that it is, in fact, true. Our source was able to add a little bit more info to AICN's report. It turns out that Lucasfilm created a pilot episode of the series and took it to the Cartoon Network recently for a pitch meeting. Our source was not yet able to find out who created the pilot episode, find out who wrote it, or find out what the Cartoon Network's response to the meeting was.
    Now we venture into our own personal speculation. If Lucasfilm created the pilot episode in-house, that would indicate it was most likely computer animated. So could we expect this Clone War series to be entirely CG? Possibly. More to come....

9. Ktulu_Terumo

Jun 27, 2002
    Entirely GC????

Now that would be something!!

10. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    SPY REPORT: Clone War Cartoon Update
    Tue, Dec 03, 02 12:18:22 AM EST

When news first broke on the possibility of a Clone War cartoon - needless to say scores of Star Wars fans were thrilled. The prospect of some hi-quality animation set in the Star Wars universe got fans excited. TFN has been working to get the scoop on what exactly this will or maybe would have been like, posting a few updates in the last few weeks and now here's the latest:
    Unfortunately, everyone here is talking about the Clone War series in the past tense. As in, not going to happen. The project was going to be expansive - the Cartoon Network wanted some of a toy line and merchandising based on the new sub-franchise themselves, and Six Flags even wanted to make rides centered on them. This was going to be a huge operation, possibly as big as the movies themselves. "Event animation," not some cheap cartoon.

All that exists in all actuality is some concept art floating around offline and a short pilot type of episode - really at best described as a story demo reel that looks alot like Tartakovsky's stuff. Character elements look somewhat handdrawn, but it is completely CGI and very few people have been priviy enough to see it. And the now defunct Feature Films Division at ILM (Frankenstein) are responsible for the project so far, which is going to also pose a problem since they no longer exist, being disbanded months before this took off. But the bottom line is that everyone on this end really wants to do it - but wants more that Lucasfilm will offer. As always, it seems to have boiled down to money unless someone blinks first.
    Keep in mind this could change at a moment's notice: Lucasfilm could reduce the demand for the profits - the Cartoon Network could decide to back it no matter what the cost. But as of this writing, several insiders are saying this slam dunk landed like a brick at the expense of the Almighty Dollar.

Hopefully this is all part of the process and the companies can still work out some sort of deal. After deals with Fox, Pepsi, Hasbro that all cost them more than they returned, it seems to make us wonder if TCN is willing to assume such a risk as well. But man, it sure would be cool ...

11. Ktulu_Terumo

Jun 27, 2002
    From the TF.N front page...

Cartoon Network and Lucasfilm Announce Star Wars Animated Shorts
    Thursday February 20, 10:25 am ET

20 Animated "Clone Wars' Serial Shorts to Appear on Cartoon Network in 2003-2004

ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 20, 2003--Cartoon Network and Lucasfilm Ltd. announced today a partnership to create Star Wars: Clone Wars, a series of 20 animated shorts that will air on Cartoon Network in 2003-2004 between other programming.

Star Wars: Clone Wars continues the saga where the live action feature film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones left off - at the beginning of the Clone Wars, an epic civil war that pits the old Republic against a vast separatist movement led by the forces of evil.

Each episodic short will be two- to three-minutes in length and will air exclusively on Cartoon Network at regularly scheduled times during the network's regular programming beginning later this fall. Clone Wars will be produced at Cartoon Network Studios by a team led by Genndy Tartakovsky, the creator of Samurai Jack and Dexter's Laboratory.

As Clone Wars unfolds the valiant Jedi Knights lead the Republic's Clone Army against many new and ruthless adversaries across the galaxy. These new characters, epic battles and intricate stories will add an exciting new dimension to the Star Wars saga.

"We are incredibly excited to be working with Lucasfilm in creating an animated story that extends one of the world's most beloved entertainment properties," said Sam Register, senior vice president of development for Cartoon Network. "Cartoon Network's creative team will work hand-in-hand with Lucasfilm to make sure that our common vision for Clone Wars thrills Star Wars fans around the world."

"Genndy Tartakovsky and the team at Cartoon Network are tops in their field," said Howard Roffman, president of Lucas Licensing. "Their work on Samurai Jack shows that they can tell an epic story in a unique way, lavishing equal attention on dramatic battle scenes as well as the dramatic development of the characters."

12. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Bueno esto puede ser o super bueno, o super mega malo!

I'm just gonna keep my expectations way low, waaaaaaaaay low.

13. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Aqui hay par de cosas que me dan esperanzas de una entrevista con el creador del cartoon:

"The end result will be 20 animated shorts of two-to-three-minutes running time each, telling one continuous story of the Clone Wars, as well as side stories that branch from the main. "A little bit of the story changed here and there since the pitch, but it's pretty much the same," says Tartakovsky. "Anakin and Obi-Wan are on Muunilinst, and they're taking out these factories that the Federation has built. And in our side stories, we have Kit Fisto, another with Mace, another with Yoda and Padmé."

-Cool, por lo menos no se van a inventar personajes nuevos y desconocidos. That I like.

"As inspiration, Tartakovsky turned to his library of World War II films. "I'm a big World War II buff, so I looked at a lot of old footage and old movies, like The Longest Day. When doing battle scenes, it was almost a second language to us. I was a big fan of Band of Brothers, and thought that the fighting there was executed really well. Black Hawk Down was another well executed war film. I mean, it's still going to be robots and droids that get killed in battle, but there will be a few hardcore things. It's not going to be too gritty," he says with a smile."

-Nice, a mi me gusto mucho el estilo de Band of Brothers.

"The great thing is George Lucas is a fan of 'Samurai Jack,'" Tartakovsky notes, "So he said, 'let them do their job without being too involved.' I think this is great because we don't have to copy exactly what the live action is, and we can take Star Wars and interpret it and animate it in our style."

-Good news, mientras menos envuelto GL creo que mejor sería. Menos presión para los creadores del cartoon.

"We are having a lot of fun with the new ARC troopers, which are elite commando units of clone troopers. They're all... well, more cool,"

-*Drools*

"For most of the Clone Wars stuff, we're actually using the same themes as Episode II. For some of the stuff later on, where we'll do some jungle battles, we're going to bring in new elements of percussion to make it a bit more exotic. It'll feel like Star Wars, but it'll be its own thing because it's animated. But we want to stay true to the universe that's already been established."

-Agree. Going with Star Wars music is a MUST.

Part of that universe that beckoned to Tartakovsky's storytelling preferences was the Jedi Code and the sense of honor among those heralded warriors. "There are similarities to samurai, so it's that same thing that appealed to me since I was a kid. There's a certain honor and understated power that they have. We want to put that into the show. We don't want to do just three minutes of action. We want to put in as much character as we can. There's still the turmoil between Anakin and Obi-Wan, and the overall plot by Palpatine. All these elements will be in there, even though they're minimal, you'll definitely feel it."

-Don't know what to make of this one. Por un lado es importante que se quede con el plot grande de las peliculas, pero espero que esto no se Samurai Jack con lightsabers.

Bueno voy a tratar de no subirme las esperanzas, pero parece haber luz al final del tunel. May the Force be with Us.

14. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    That sounds interesting but as the kid has said, I'm keeping expectations low.

What I would kill for would be a CGI animated series based on Rogue Squadron.

15. Skalderan

Skalderan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    [image=http://www.galactichunter.com/toy_images/clonewarsanism.jpg]
    This is too disturbing to post a objective and coherent response right away... but ill tell you that im so pissed off that i could legally change my name to George Lucas A. Booboohead

16. Ktulu_Terumo

Jun 27, 2002
    Damn, If the cartoon is going to look that cheessy, whe can expect cameos from Jonny Bravo and Dexter, perhaps even the PowerPuff girls

17. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    El creador es el creador de Dexter's y Samurai Jack, así que era de esperarse que la animación fuera así.

18. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Por fin podemos ver Star Wars fuera de las peliculas, libros y comics, y quien nos lo da. "EL CREADOR de Dexter's y Samurai Jack"
    :( AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(the rest of this e-mail has been censured).

19. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Bueno al Cesar lo del Cesar...

Nunca he visto Samurai Jack, pero Dexter's me parece muy bueno. Las historias son inteligentes, graciosas y originales. Por ese lado no tengo muchas preocupaciones. El problema mayor es el formato IMO, tres minutos no da para nada y no se como me vaya a sentir al verlo.

En cuanto a la animación, pues así es la animación de niños ahora. No es nuestra época de He-Man, Transformers, etc. El programa esta dirigidao a los niños de ahora, así que es lógico que sea así.

Anyway, we just have to wait and see.

20. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Somebody should die for that!

$#@%^%^^$#&#$%#^%^%**$@#@@@#$$$%$#^^&*&$#%@!%@#^#@^$@#^@^%^$#&^%&$^%&%^&%#&%^&%&#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y, @%#@$^%#$&%*&$%@#$@@^%^$&&%$#*&##@@@$#$@#$%#^#^&&%^!!!!!!!!!!!

Tambien $#@^$@#^&#$^&^%&$##$$$$$$$$%%^^&$###^#&!!!!!

21. Master_CorelliaN

Master_CorelliaN Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2002
    Buenas mis amigos Padawans y Jedis,

YA antes habia posteado en el Foro
    sobre el Cartoon de Star wars que
    saldra en la Televisión.

Bueno quisiera saber si piensan ustedes
    que será emocionante, pero la verdad
    he visto algunos dibujitos de los
    creadores de SAMURAY JACK, y algunos
    de la Comica de Star Wars...y me parecen
    no muy BUENA CALIDAD...!!! (a mi gusto).

Para mi Lucas que es tan exigente pudo
    haber hecho algo mucho mejor...!!!
    (contratado alguien que los hiciera
    más a la vanguardia).

Un estilo Manga, ó hasta como estilo
    X-MEN ... no se pero esa gente no me
    convence.

Nos vemos amigos...

Gracias por todo.

22. Master_CorelliaN

Aug 12, 2002

Estoy contigo ROMAN.

En pocas palabras es lo que
    he dicho.

Jajajajajaja...!!!

Me robastes las palabras.

23. Ktulu_Terumo

Jun 27, 2002
    JeJe Hasta la animacion del Holiday Special se ve mejor y es de los años 80

24. Master_CorelliaN

Aug 12, 2002

Juralo brother.

Chuzo pero la verdad no se que le
    pasa a Lucas.

Yo creo que ya se volvio LOCO.

Empezando por ese personaje JAR-JAr,
    y ese man que puso de ANAKIN.

Allí empezo a joderce el MAN.

Mejor me imagino yo mi propio
    Episodio III...porque no se que
    disparate hara el LUCAS.

Nos vemos

25. Ktulu_Terumo

Jun 27, 2002
    Bueno, y en que a quedado el cartoon? No se ha escuchado mas al respecto?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.