main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Clone Wars cartoons discussion thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, it was pretty cool to see the creature that lives inside Durge's armor. Kinda got a Terminator feel to him, eh?

Think we'll see Gen. Kenobi on speeder-bike with Clone helmet in the TRU aisles sometime in the future? They did make Kenobi on speeder bike part of the Cartoon Network game, so you know it had to be important.

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Did anyone else think that the lightsabre stuck in Durge's armor seemed like a physical impossibility? I would have thought a lightsabre (if it didn't deactivate automatically) would fall through, cutting as it went.

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Wow, that was strange. I am sure the canon-eers will venture to contradict this and that about the lightsaber stuck in him. [face_laugh]

The only reasonable explanation would be either the saber hilt has to be held by its master to physically cut something. Strange.

4. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I'll throw two theories out there:

1) He was using the Force to hold the sabre in place. I find this one least likely.

2) Since we have seen lightsabre's glance off Vader's armor, we know that they have more trouble cutting through denser materials. That indicates that the sabre was held in place because direct pressure was not applied (or not enough force)to continue slicing through the armor.

5. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I think it is the second explaniation. That is exactly what I thought when I saw it, that is why it did not bother me at all while I was watching the cartoon.

But what is bothering me is the way Durge turned into Tetsuo (from Akira). That was so totally ripped off it isnt even funny. And how the heck did OB1 make him blow up like that!! (sigh) Heck of a fight up until then.

6. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    And how the heck did OB1 make him blow up like that!!

I must have missed that one. ?[face_plain]

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    He's referring to Chapter 9.

8. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Ahhh.. makes sense now. ;)

9. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Well, we finally get to see why Obi-Wan called Anakin "the best star pilot in the galaxy". Not a bad bit of flying.

It didn't occur to me until this episode (although I could have spotted it in chapter one) -- Anakin is using an R4 unit, rather than R2-D2. I know in the Jedi starfighters from AOTC that there is no room for an R2 unit, and it needs a droid that's hard-wired into the ship. But if you're going to make an entirely new ship for the cartoons, why not have one that lets R2-D2 accompany him? My prediction is that his ship will be destroyed in chapter 11 or 12.

10. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    "Difficult to see. Always in motion the future." ;)

I'm just hoping that the cartoon is going to lead up close to the beginning of Episode III. Although, I've heard that there is going to be another novel immediately preceding EP3. Hopefully it will be a little more dramatic than "the Approaching Storm". It was alright, but just not as exciting as I expected it to be.

11. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    anybody notice the sounds of obiwans speederbike in chapter9 sounds just like the LightCycles in TRON?it even had the same pitch change as he accelerated.

then when the arc troopers came down from the ropes it had the AeonFlux music again.even the drawing looks like Flus during that shot.

i dont care for Durge,not sure why.
    and yes i was reminded of Akira.pretty much a dead ringer on that one.

12. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Did they refer to Anakin's hard-wired droid as an R4? Odd, since an R4 has a different shaped "head", but then again, in AOTC ObiWan's droid was an R4 and it had an R2 head as well.

13. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Didn't notice this the first time around, but in chapter 1, Anakin looked very Vader-esque as he walked up the ramp to his starfighter, right before he tossed his cloak onto 3PO.

Sure hope the chapters aren't chopped up on the DVD like they were tonight. It was kind of annoying in some places seeing the chapter slate pop up only to go right back into the action where we just left off.

14. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Any word on the DVD release date? I agree I hope it flows together and is not separated by chapters.

15. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Chapters 11-20 won't be shown until "Spring 2004", so I'm guessing we won't see a DVD release until summer at the earliest. Well, no officially released DVD's, anyway. ;)

16. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    I was very pleased with the first 10 chapters! Here are my personal favorite highlights:

CHAPTER ONE: Yoda calling Dooku the "wicked" Count Dooku (cool synonym for "evil"); Chancellor Palpatine's fingers making a yucky sound while he touches the tips of them together in his office (because of his evil, yucky skin!); Anakin's face lighting up while Palpatine gushes praise his way, and then his face turning hard when Obi-Wan brings him back down again.

CHAPTER TWO: The starfighters when they first engage each other...they just merge right into each other!

CHAPTER THREE: The clone troopers' hand signals to each other.

CHAPTER FOUR: The goofy-looking and goofy-sounding Separatist aliens.

CHAPTER FIVE: The funky music that plays when the Mon Calamari go on the offensive; Kit Fisto's smile at the end! (HA HA!)

CHAPTER SIX: Ventress saying "I am Sith" (even though she isn't)

CHAPTER SEVEN: Dooku flying; Dooku telling Ventress that she may look like a Sith, she may act like a Sith, but she is no Sith!; everything about Darth Sidious (his even-more-wicked-sounding-than-in-the-movies voice, his statement of Ventress only being an instrument for the eradication of the Jedi, and his really GROSS-LOOKING MOUTH!! HA HA!!)

CHAPTER EIGHT: Kenobi's saber getting stuck in Durge; Kenobi using the Force to crush-close Durge's flame-thrower.

CHAPTER NINE: The clone troopers' continuous pounding of Durge (except when Kenobi is next to him and they can't risk hitting the General); the Sergeant saying "Yes, sir" when Kenobi says, "I've made quite the mess here, haven't I?"

CHAPTER TEN: Skywalker's long pursuit and eventual blowing-away of some Separatist starfighters; Skywalker pulling up and getting behind starfighters that were pursuing him and then blowing them away.

17. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    All I will say is that I was thoroughly pleased with this series. I absolutely can NOT wait on the DVD. Once I get these MOV files converted to MPEG-2 (DVD Format), I will have a lower quality version to watch over and over! That will whet my appetite for these cartoons until the nice, full-quality version hits the shelves. ;)

18. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Yeah,it seems they made a screwup with the writing on this. The red-striped ARC trooper shoudl be addressed as Captain, not Sergeant. Regardless of Arcs beign special, they should have the same ranking system as normal clonetroopers. Most of them were identical anyway, only the Captain and the 3 Leiutenants had rangefinders and skirts.

19. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    For any who missed it, or forgot to tape it, Cartoon Network is having an encore presentation of the 10 part microseries Monday night, Dec 1.

20. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    From TF.N:

The three-minute animated shorts pick up the action where Episode II: Attack of the Clones left off. The Cartoon Network, which aired the first 10 chapters of the series in November, kicks off the next series with Chapter 11 March 26 at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT. Subsequent chapters will air weeknights through April 8 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. On April 9, the network will air all the new episodes during prime time; all 20 will air April 10.

21. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    General Grievous, a new character from Episode III, will make his first appearance in the Clone Wars cartoon. Just like Boba Fett, who was going to be a new character in Episode V, made his first appearance in the cartoon from the Holiday Special! Funny thing is, also in Episode III, we're going to see Wookies besides Chewbacca (although he'll be there too) featured prominently for the first time since the Holiday Special. See, the Holiday Special was a trailblazer...setting the standard for ideas for years to come! [face_laugh]

22. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Just bumping this up so we don't lose it off of the main page. :D

23. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    If you know of a place where you can view or download the existing previews (commercials) for the next installment, please PM or post in here. I missed them on TV. :(

24. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Try here.

There's some other news about Chef-Boy-Ardee, so scroll down just a bit. There's also episode dates listed for Argentina! I believe the next one for us starts on the 26th of this month.

Oh, you can also watch the first ten episodes on Cartoon Network's site.

25. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Has anyone heard if they are going to release an animated CW comic book- sort of like what they did with the animated Batman series?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.