main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Clone Wars cartoons discussion thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    BTW: Do ya think Asajj is dead?

I hope they don't pull a George on us and kill off another cool character so quickly!

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    In Georgie's eyes: Yes.

In the EU: No. [face_laugh]

Oh wait, this is EU anyway... so ANYTHING GOES!! [face_laugh]

3. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I think I read awhile back that Asajj was gonna die in the CW series. It was asked if she would be in Ep3 and the answer was NO. I'd say she's "grave-yard dead."

My guess is that the Jedi are using improved sabres, or as mentioned before, Padawan Kenobi's sabre was inferior.

4. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Well we finally got to see Gen. Grevious in action (voiced by Futurama's John DiMaggio (Bender)). Kinda like a super flexible Batman meets Robocop. What's he doing with Jedi (green & blue) lightsabers? Could he be part of the "Fallen 20?"

Also, it was nice to see a long episode (finally). By my watch tonight's episode was 8 minutes long. Not that the IG Banking clans have surrended, guess it's time for them to start working on their IG-88 droids.

5. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Man...Grievous is one BAMF.

6. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Grievous collects lightsabres from Jedi he's killed- that's where he gets them. Didn't you see the collection on his belt that Ki Adi snagged one of?

7. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Just got through reading the RotJ Infinities....GEESSS, that read like a bad Dawson's Creek episode. And yeah, I'll go ahead and spoil the ending....Vader lives...and wears WHITE. What's up with that?....and Palpatine escapes, Han goes blind, Leia snipes Boba Fett (this guy can't get away from gettin' takin' out like a chump) and the rebels (or I call them, terrorists) still pull off defeating the Empire.
    Come on, lets see some real infinites, like for instance: For ANH: let Luke and Leia trade places. Prince Luke Organa saved by Leia Skywalker. OR: Let the Empire win.
    OR: Ben Kenobi defeats Vader on the first deathstar. OR: Han Solo turns down the job of transporting Luke, Ben and the droids off Tatooine. OR: Leia caves and gives up the rebel base to save Alderaan.
    For ESB: The Wampa eats Luke. OR: The AT-AT steps on Luke's speeder...with him in it. OR: Han can't get the Falcon out of the hanger when the Hoth invasion concludes. OR: Vader successfully freezes Luke in Carbonite.
    For RotJ: What if the Rancor ate Luke. Or: Lando fall full force into the Sarlacc pit with no hope of rescue. OR: R2 over shoots the light saber from the sail barge. OR: Yoda is already dead when Luke returns to Dagobah. OR: The Ewoks eat Luke. OR: The Ewoks had befriended the Empire long before the rebels arrived on Endor. OR: Luke HAD decided to join Vader and the Emperor on the dark side.

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'd say she's "grave-yard dead."

It figures, they'll kill her off, but will have GenG and his 'bling-bling' in Ep3...man, that stinks. I liked how fighting a sith made Anakin go a bit dark side. It would have been cool to see if Anakin would fall for a sith trap a second time- oh, wait...there's still Palpatine!

9. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Unfortunately, my DVR cut off the last two minutes! ARGHHH!!! But, at least I got to see it on the website and have my DVR set to record the last 10 chapters airing tonight.

From the break at the end and Yoda's reaction, I guess it would be safe to say that we will not see Ki Adi Mundi anymore in the prequels. I guess they couldn't find a place for either of them in Episode III. We know they all get killed anyway, so I guess we can't see every Jedi's last stand. I wonder if Yoda or Mace will finally deal with G G, as in good to G.O. ;)

10. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    According to the official site as well as the Internet Movie Database, Ki Adi Mundi will be in Episode III. Wouldn't be surprised if he was missing a few limbs, though.

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    They've got to have some Jedi left for Vader to hunt down- pretty soon it's just going to be Yoda and Obi, and they end up going into hiding!

12. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Ki Adi Mundi could still be in Episode 3. He just might be a dead carcass on his way home though.

13. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Ki-Adi Mundi is listed in the cast but what about Shakki Ti?

14. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    She is listed in the cast of Episode III as well. Either both of them were wounded and left for dead OR :eek: the Clone Wars cartoons are not totally cannon with the movies.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/img/eu_bg.jpg]

"Keep racing Ani and you're going to be bug squash!"

....like this guy?

[image=http://www.ofadam.com/ffa/jcpics/stomp.gif]

15. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    . . . or something happened to prevent GG from slaughtering them. Aayla Secura was in that scene as well, and she also is returning to Ep3. Perhaps OWK and his troops got there in time to rescue them.

16. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Maybe Scooby and the gang came to help Shaggy. They rigged an intricate trap for GG involving ropes, pullies, nets, and rain barrels. Then they pulled off his metal mask to reveal "Old Man Withers" (who runs the Mos Eisley Haunted Amusement Park).

I would have killed all the Jedi if it hadn't been for you meddling kids...

17. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    and your dog.

ROOBY DOOBY DOO!!!
    :D

The Scooby theory might just have merrit. ;)

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    That would have been fun to see, or even the Power-Puff Girls!

I'm hoping GG is the one who 'goes out like a punk', now. The 'Karate Kid' stance with the 3-sabers was a bit too much...

19. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Would you fight Grievous for a Scooby Snack?

Ruh-Ruh!

How about two Scooby Snacks?

Rrokay!

20. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    It took the "Karate Kid: thing for you to say "too much"? You're more generous than I was. They lost me at chapter 11.

21. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Chapter 11? Wasn't that the episode where the IG banking clan went "bankrupt." ;) p)

Follow-up to joke from the April meeting.

22. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "You're more generous than I was. They lost me at chapter 11. "

Trust me, I was groaning thru most of 20- between the stance, monkey-flips, and Shaggy I was, "You've got to be $@%#ing kidding me?!"

I really liked the Assaj/Anakin fights (in spite of the Chinese wire work they were doing!), and I liked a lot of the stuff Mace was doing with the force and blocking- his flying and punching droids was way over the top, but breaking in and taking out the ship with his saber was pretty cool.

I'l forgive a lot of the over-the-top action because it is a cartoon, but a few Jedi taking out dozens of droids while a few others loose it facing one...

23. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Anybody notice that they gave Grevous backward knees? He looked like he had robot dog legs. That is not the way his pics look in the SW Insider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.