main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Cartoons........

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jowebee17, Nov 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jowebee17

Jowebee17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    It seems there is rarely any posts actually talking about Star Wars at this Fan Force, so I thought I would start one up. I know there are probably other places to post about this topic, but I am curious to hear our members opinions, and perhaps discuss the Clone Wars cartoons.

If you aren't up to speed on what these are, go to www.cartoonnetwork.com and click on the Clone Wars link there. You can read up on what they are all about. And as of the date of this post Friday 11-14-03 there are 5 episodes available for viewing. The episodes become available for viewing on the website the day after they air on Cartoon Network.

They are only 3-4 minutes long each, but the idea is to fill in the story lines between Episode II and Episode III.

So far, I think they have been pretty decent. There have been some cool ideas presented thus far. I am curious to hear what others think about them.

2. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I think that they have been pretty good. I really liked last night's episode. It's all about Kit Fisto! Looks like tonight will introduce Ventress. I wasn't too thrilled with the ep that introduced Durge, since I think he is a punk, but on the whole, it's been good so far.

3. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    whoa. Back up. The episodes are online for viewing? I had no idea! See, I don't have TV so I figured I was going to have to wait for the DVDs to come out. Man, of all the times for my puter to go kerplunk.
    I've heard good and bad things about the series. I haven't really decided on whether or not I'm going to watch them (once my puter is fixed) because there have been certain people that have told me that there are Ep.3 spoilers in the series...which makes me sad cause I need something to fill my SW fix other than the OT and EP.1&2.

4. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    The only Ep III spoilers I am aware of are........Just kidding, I do know of one, but I don't think that it will be shown until sometime in the final episodes, and I think that those are around March or April.

5. AliKatKelts

AliKatKelts Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    They sound pretty cool, and I was going to record them, but my tv went kaput, and I can't seem to remember I have a tv upstairs.

Now just if I could get my computer to let me see them. (I'm having issues with windows media and quicktime)

6. kita_pounce

kita_pounce Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2003
    WAIT!! HOLD THE PRESSES!!! THIS IS A STAR WARS BOARD!?!??! WHY THE HECK DO I ALWAYS MISS THE MEMOS!! AAAARRRRRGGGG!!!

*storms off*

7. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I know Kita, it was a shock to me too. ;)

What time do the cartoons come on and do you know if they will be showing like a 'marathon' of them? You know, like a whole half hour special.

8. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    Well, the website says they are shown at 8:00 P.M. Eastern time, which should be 6:00 P.M. here. But I swear they are showing them at 8:00 P.M. here also. I have not actually caught one on tv, I have just watched them online.

As far as spoilers go, I don't really think there will be any spoilers. The idea is to build some story line and introduce some characters who will presumably be in Episode III. So if you consider it a spoiler to know some new characters that will be in the movie, then you probably don't wanna watch them.

But they are kinda fun though........and I do not know of any plans to air them all at once, but I would think they would do it. You can however make your own marathon. Just go to the website and you can watch them one after the other in order.

The only other thing I am aware of is that the first 10 will have aired by the end of next week (11-21-03) and then the next 10 are scheduled to air early next spring.

9. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    Argh. I didn't realise that they would only be 4 minutes long so i was very dissapointed. I felt like it was super-hyped and then we were only given a crumb. Very Lucas-like.

Kit Fisto was cool though, although I always understood that sabers were not meant to be submerged...EP1 Obi Wan in the swamp...but it was cool nonetheless.

I'm still dissapointed though...I thought we were going to get a complete cartoon series. :( It takes me at least 3 minutes to get the hang of a storyline anyway and then it's over. Not to mention at least 1 minute of that is the flashback from the previous crumb.

C'mon George! Stop being so stingy! I want a more filling SW fix!

Amy the whiner

10. Master_Beorn

Master_Beorn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    You whiner... :)

I'm going to wait now for all of them to be available for download, then seam them all together into one 30 minute or so episode. I agree, it was SO less than fulfilling.

11. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, I got to see them all first with Saberwielder, then came home and watched them again in bed on my iBook.

:D

All in all, I think they're pretty awesome. Those ARC troopers are the shizzy fo sho! But I had the same question/complaint as Amy... Lightsabers do NOT work underwater. In any case, it was still cool to see Kit Fisto kicking @$$ and taking names...

*rassum frassum stupid non-html markup codes and grumble grumble...*

12. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    The first 10 episodes are online for viewing now. I think they are pretty dang cool. There have been some cool concepts and ideas presented thus far. Its cool to see just how devastating the jedis can be.

There is a marathon being shown in 2 parts tonight Friday 11.21.03 I am not entirely sure of the exact times in our time zone.

I do agree with the general concensus that it would be nice if they were longer. 3-4 minutes just barely gives you a small taste of the clone wars. However it is something, and they are put together well....

13. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Is it possible to watch them all at once online or are they only available on the day that they are show on TV. The point being, I would like to watch them but want to do it all at once, as in watch the whole marathon in one sitting (but not tonight because I'm busy). Also, is it possible to save the cartoons to my hard drive or are they streaming?

14. Master_Beorn

Sep 26, 2001
    OOoohhh...

Hope I'm not too late...

They'll all be playing in a row 8:30 PM our time TONIGHT!

Get on it!

15. Master_Beorn

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, I was able to record all 10 episodes of this installment of Clone wars... yes, there ARE supposed to be more.

16. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    sooo...this recording.....can we (I) get it somehow? Are all the episodes online for viewing? I'm just curious since I don't have TV...I live through you people!!

17. RenegadeFury

RenegadeFury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2003
    Is this still online? I can't seem to find it now...

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm supposed to be having some shipped to me, let's hope they work on my DVD player.

19. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    where are you having them shipped from Mary?

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Texas.

21. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    bu, bu, bu, but mary...its texas!!!

22. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
  23. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Shhhh, don't let everyone know. I do have an image to keep. ;)

24. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I don't think they'll work on your DVD player. Try it on your computer. ;)

25. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    We'll have to do it on another computer then cause mine sucks. Thank you for telling me this now. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.