main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Chapter 13 (WARNING: SPOILERS!!!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by General_Rieekan, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    just finished watching Chapter 13 on Teletoon! Mace Windu kicks butt, people!!! has anybody else seen it yet?

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I'll see it in less than an hour.

But I can't wait till then.

Spoil me. :p

3. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    it picks up right where 12 leaves off. after losing his saber, Mace uses force pulls, and pushes to destroy a massive number of droids. seeing the huge machine stamper, Mace begins to run towards it. it stamps again causing a major quake and throws Mace back in a cloud of dust. this happens a couple of times, all the while Mace is destroying droids left and right. using force speed, he runs towards the stamper until he finally regains his lightsaber, upon which he force jumps onto the machine, cuts a hole in the side and then proceeds to destroy all the battle droids inside until he reachs the control room. once inside the control room, Mace destroys it and force jumps out of the stamper. with the momentum of the blast pushing him, he lands on the hill that the kid from 12 was standing on. the kid hands him a flask with water and he takes a drink from it, then jumps back onto the battlefield.

TIEpilot, consider yourself spoiled!!!

4. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    TIEpilot, consider yourself spoiled!!!

OK, I will. :p

5. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Mace... is... the greatest Jedi... of all time.

Seriously, that was just pure STAR WARS.

I felt just as giddy as when I saw Yoda light up his saber and go nuts.

Freakin' amazing!

6. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Just watched it again. This just gets better and better, doesn't it? :D!

7. bulent_hasan

bulent_hasan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    MACE IS DA MAN!

**** i couldn't believe what i saw. yeah its a cartoon but the actions that they put the characters through were inventive and very "jedi" like even though we've never seen, nor imagined, a jedi to do the things that they do. Obi-wan was quite the formidable jedi vs. Durge but when you see Mace Windu in action it proves that he's (quoting Samuel L. Jackson) the "second baddest mf in the universe next to yoda". I can only wait to see what yoda will do next to wow us. Seeing what Mace can do makes sense in terms of what the Jedi are, how they're trained, and using the Force to full extent as a warrior. I love this cartoon and can't wait to own it for myself on dvd.

8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    My question is for those that saw the episode, does Mace's force jump look like he's actually flying up to the crusher like steven79 posted in his spoiler report?

9. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Wait a minute, did it already premiere on cartoon network?

~aeryn

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No, still on Canadian TV.

11. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    WOW!! Mace is a master of the force, all right!! Too many cool Star Wars images in this one. I love the view of the inside of the pile driving ship when they're reloading it. It reminded me so much of the death star.

One highlight for me was seeing the profile view of Mace running using force speed. He takes these bounding steps while the background is a complete blur. Great animation.

My question is for those that saw the episode, does Mace's force jump look like he's actually flying up to the crusher like steven79 posted in his spoiler report?

No. He runs on top of another sand wave produced by the cusher and jumps off the top of the wave. Similar to Obiwan jumping off the speeder to the top of the tower in in episode 9. It's not flying but a MASSIVE force jump.

Did anyone notice the symbolism of the ending? Mace shuts off his lightsaber and puts it on his belt then the little kid takes his water bottle off his belt and gives it to Mace. One's a warrior and his survival tool on his belt is a weapon, the other's a farm boy and his survival tool on his belt is a water bottle. One helped helped the other by fighting a military threat, the other helped the first by replenishing his strength. Great symbolism.

12. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    Wow, I never thought about it that way. Great point.

13. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Mace shuts off his lightsaber and puts it on his belt then the little kid takes his water bottle off his belt and gives it to Mace. One's a warrior and his survival tool on his belt is a weapon, the other's a farm boy and his survival tool on his belt is a water bottle. One helped helped the other by fighting a military threat, the other helped the first by replenishing his strength. Great symbolism.

You know what it reminded me of? The old Super Bowl commercial with Mean Joe Green.

After a hard football game a little kid hands him a bottle of Coke. Joe drinks it down to the bottom. The kid looks sad and starts to walk away.

Joe then says "Hey kid. Catch!" And tosses him his jersey. The kid exclaims "Hey thanks Mean Joe!"

cue corny 70s Coca-Cola jingle.

14. mustang_dvs

mustang_dvs Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 1999
    But does Mace then proceed to throw the kid his sweaty Jedi robes?

(yuck.)

15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Did you see in Family Guy where Joe throws Peter his jersey? Then he throws the rest of his clothes at him, including jock strap? Hiliarious.

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a parody of the Coke commerical. Have to wait till tomorrow's commentary to know for sure.

This is my favorite Chapter so far, surpassing Chapters 3 and 8 from Season 1. Mace is the man. ;)

17. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    That was tight! A bit over the top, but still, that was damned cool.

18. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    Yeah, it was over the top but hey, thats why it kicks so much booty. But I have to say that they make Mace look hella old. GRANDPA MACE! GRANDPA MACE! DANGER!

19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Sand-Crawler I just saw the episode on my vhs and let mer tell you, the cartoon rocks, and dude, nothing for nothing, but that was no massive force jump....sorry..the dude displayed some wonderful flight capabilities. The one that I always dreamed that a jedi can do. He can at least partially fly and I love it. The jedi's are being shown in all their true glory. Yeah keep it coming............

20. Jake_Barnes

Jake_Barnes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2002
    Words simply cannot describe how great Chapter 13 is.

I'm utterly amazed.

21. EricIsBacchus

EricIsBacchus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    Is anyone else wondering why Mace didn't pull some of these moves off at the Battle of Geonosis? Heck, with that many powerful Jedi there they should have been able to kill that many droid in mere seconds.

22. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    Perhaps he has learned all these tricks to fight droids post Battle of Geonosis? I mean, he has always had the power, but during the Clone Wars he has learned techniques to deal with droids more efficiently.

Okay, maybe not... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.