main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars : Chapter 21 summary.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Super_Battle_Droid, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, I just don't think we should be posting pictures. They've been cracking down pretty hard on pics and links to pics recently.

EDIT: Addendum -- *illegal* pics (e.g. spoiler materials). Stuff like Jefffff screencapped from the commercials *should* be fine.

2. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    What does cracking mean? (That starwars.com is finding these links & forcing you to delete them with warning?).

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yep, pretty much.

4. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    sweet only 2 more days

5. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Seen it. Brilliant chapter. The longer episodes really makes it better. By the way K'kruk (spelling) is dead in the clone wars episode. There's no way EU can cover it though they may try. The Arc's said there are only three life signs. (Ki-Adi, Aayla and Shaak Ti) He rescue's the three. K'kruk is dead on the floor as Grievous steps over him and takes his lightsaber. He's dead. Btw, Grievous' voice is different, he is most probably being played by Matthew Wood, who voices Grievous in Ep III, I think Wood's voice is an improvement over the previous, he speaks much clearer now.

6. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Darn sounds awesome. I gotta be away tonight and I'm going to miss it. I'll tape it though. I don't wanna wait another whole day for it to be on cartoon network.

7. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    "Btw, Grievous' voice is different, he is most probably being played by Matthew Wood, who voices Grievous in Ep III, I think Wood's voice is an improvement over the previous, he speaks much clearer now."

How much does Grievous talk in Chapter 21? More than in 20?

8. jengafett

Oct 29, 2004
    Grievous has one line in Chapter 21.

'Run Jedi Run, you're only delaying the inevietable. *laughs*'

He speaks a lot more in Chapter 22 when he's dueling with Dooku and talking to Sidious.

9. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    K'kruhk must have survived because he went up against Quinlan in the comics, which took place after the Clone Wars episode.

10. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Well thats EU and this is somewhat canon, so... ya.

11. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    How is this somewhat canon and not part of the EU? That doesn't make any sense. :confused:

12. jengafett

Oct 29, 2004
    Well he was dead in Chapter 21. I spose the writers were only thinking about the Jedi appearing in Ep III. They focused on his dead body, making clear he's dead. Grievous stole his saber and showed it off to Dooku.

13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Oh that was beautiful!!! :D

I loved every second of it -- Anakin's Knighting, the vision of Qui-Gon with young Ani in Dagobah, Anakin and Padme's secret rendezvous, the clonetroopers rescuing Aayla, Shaak Ti and Ki-Adi.

It was awesome!

14. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Great beginning!!!!

Looks like Season 3 will be much more character-driven than action-driven. The Clonetroopers had different voices, and it looks like we'll be skipping ahead in the timeline starting with tomorrow's episode. Anakin's gotta have time for his hair to grow ya know ;)

15. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    It was actually quite the sweet episode. Even though there was some over-the-top action in the start w/ grevious vs the clones it turned to be very sweet and snuggly.
    I really liked how they explained Threepio's new "do" and the Anakin-Padme relationship is progressing really well in these shorts.

Still left wanting more though!!

16. Darth_Hooty

Darth_Hooty Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Still too short, guess I just can't get enough. Obviously going to pass some major time lapses in five episodes if this thing is going to link to ROTS because Anakin has to grow some hair.

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Not a bad episode. I liked it a lot, nice action. For a minute there, GG looked like he was going to kill them all. That guy is just awesome. He makes Darth Maul look like a punk, and Jango Fett look like a kid. Durge cannot touch this guy period. The art was not bad. Typical clone war style, tom. should be good, but I think that Wed thru Fridays is going to be the best. Still too short though. Could have been longer.

18. UmbrellaCorpJedi

UmbrellaCorpJedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    I just saw Chap. 21. It was a great chapter in the Clone Wars Era. I can't wait until the movie comes out

19. Sith_Dreamer

Sith_Dreamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    This was a great episode! 10/10

20. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    That was awesome!

A few nitpicks:

1) Anakin said "Jedis". Ugh.
    2) Anakin's hair. That certainly doesn't gel too well with the comics.
    3) K'kruhk. He didn't die. Poor guy, left all alone on that planet! I have this mental picture of him waking up and shaking his fist at the sky. :p

Now, the good:

1) That cave...was that the cave? The ESB cave? Or were they just trying to make it similar?
    2) Mace's voice was great. It's a shame he never spoke before.
    3) Is Agen Kolar on the council now? I guess so...

21. mandalore15

mandalore15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2000
    The Threepio "stripping" gag was...bad. Did you catch the music during that scene? Ugh.

22. masterturk

masterturk Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2005
    could someone direct me to the link or tell me when i can watch episode 21 on the net at any site? (FOR FREE) :D thanks

23. Orez_T_Ulosba

Orez_T_Ulosba Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    Overall I thought Chapter 21 was pretty good.. alot of dialogue which I am still debating if it was good/bad idea... It was weird hearing characters speak for the first time although not Plo Koon ;-)

24. Aetius

Aetius Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2003
    Does anyone know if the cartoon channel is going to rebroadcast these in one block like they did last year? And if so, when? Thanks.

25. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    My take

Grievous fight - I can see the inspirations from Predator here. Especially that BFG the clonetrooper wielded.

Nice debate amongst the Jedi.

Touching moments with Anakin and Padmé. C-3PO barging in on their alone-time - funny!!! I bet Anakin and Padmé share a laughter whenever they see Threepio do the same thing to their children when they want some alone-time with their significant other. At least that's the case with Leia and Han. Don't know if that happened to Luke and any of his beaus, but for Threepio's sake, he better not have done that, nor should he do that, when Mara wants some alone-time with the farmboy, Interrupting her at such moments isn't conducive to longevity.

What's the deal with the Dagobah tree scene. That never happened in the movies? And the Knighting ceremony seems a bit Arthurian to me.

As for K'Kruhk, I'd say he went into a hibernation trance to trick Grievous and survive the encounter, then managed to contact someone to arrange passage off-planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.