main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars : Chapter 21 summary.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Super_Battle_Droid, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    What's the deal with the Dagobah tree scene. That never happened in the movies?

I figure that between Yoda's look right after and Anakin's later reference to Qui-Gon, it's Qui-Gon giving them visions through the Force. In ATOC, when we heard Qui-Gon say "No, Anakin, noooo!" Yoda and Anakin both heard it.

Yoda knew later on that Anakin was ready to become a Knight, and it makes sense that he would have partially made up his mind from a vision from Qui-Gon.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Hyperspace members - The Chapter 22 "preview" at the end of the Hyperspace version is different than the preview that was on TV. ;)

3. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    That's true about the Qui-Gon thing. It never even occurred to me that it couldn't have happened. Did I miss the metaphor or something?

4. Jedi_Kkruhk88

Jedi_Kkruhk88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2004
    JediAlly, I REALLY REALLY hope you're right!

5. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Man...this has been a HUGE Star Wars day today for me. Here's what came in the mail today:

Clone Wars Season-1 DVD
    Star Wars Insider #81
    Star Wars Obsession comic 4 of 5

Then I find the CW Episode #21 at the OS...good stuff!

The episode itself was a bit slow in parts, but that's to be expected in the longer format...but overall it was awesome.

6. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Qui-Gon's scene is a kind of metaphor - Yoda is seeing, through the Force, that Anakin is going to have to face his fears very soon, just as Luke does in the cave. Plus, it's a way of reminding us that Qui-Gon is still around, in the Force.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    K'Kruhk is the Kenny of the Jedi.

A couple months ABG- he is presumed dead after his troops are slaughtered, but shows up later.

3 months ABG- Is woundd by Asajj Ventress

4 months ABG- "grievously woudned" ;) AND left for dead

16 months ABG- fights Quinlan and is wounded by him.

Poor guy just can't get a break, can he?

Anyone else notice the Cylon on Coruscant?

Also- Obi-wan says its time Anakin and he become brothers...and Owen is Anakin's step brother...so, finally, we see how Obi-wan is Owen's brother ;)

8. Jedi_Kkruhk88

Apr 14, 2004
    So 2nd Quest are you saying K'kruhk still lives?!

9. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Obi-wan says its time Anakin and he become brothers...and Owen is Anakin's step brother...so, finally, we see how Obi-wan is Owen's brother

Brilliant! [face_laugh] ;)

10. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    He he, sweet stuff. :D

Some great ARC action to kick things off. As usual, they really don't give a damn about collateral damage. grin

I could definately tell there was a bit of a Predator homage with the ARC attack on Grievous, even the weapons were similar to the ones used by Arnold and co. grin

FINALLY! Anakin gets some freaking respect on the Jedi Council, thought Mace still seems to have a stick up his bum. It's also nice to see Yoda AT LONG LAST giving Anakin the benefit of the doubt. Some great dialog between Obi Wan and Anakin, and I loved the, "And as far as wisdom goes you're no Qui Gon Jinn!" line. What's even more amazing is that Obi agrees! shock Halejulha and hooray for ferns! We have touchdown! tongue Some really touching moments between Padme and Anakin too. Those two kooky love birds. love

Looks like we're gearing up for some more rock and roll action come tommorow. Can't wait?

Continuity looks okay so far. Just a simple spackle over the fact that K'Kruk was actually in 'hibernation' and not dead and the problem is fixed.

I hate to say I told you so... but I told you so. [face_mischief]

11. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Nice Episode all in all. I really liked Yoda's little vision - it turned out nicely although I'm not sure I completley undertsand it. The action with Grievous was nice and the debate on the Council was also interesting, although I'm not so sure every Jedi on the Council had to give their two cents on the matter. The scene with Anakin and Padme was alrigt except for Anakin's "You do look really good in the dark" line. And they made the scene with Threepio a bit too comical, that corny music kind of pissed me off. But the knighting was great and the discussion of Qui-Gon too. It ended nicely too with Padme's little chest of relics and Anakin taking off.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>So 2nd Quest are you saying K'kruhk still lives?!<<

Not only am I saying that, so is LFL's continuity guy:

Are you sure K'Kruhk isn't dead? He sure looks dead.
    Though we see Grievous take the Whiphid Jedi's lightsaber and get the report from the clones that all the other Jedi are dead, K'Kruhk was only seriously injured and as part of his Whiphid physiology, he went into a hibernation trance to recover. This explains K'Kruhk's appearance in the comics later in the timeline. It should also be noted that K'Kruhk had been thought of as dead before.

13. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Cool- I forgot about hibernation trances.

So yall think that was actually the guy who plays GG voice? cool..I like it.

Whats the probelem with Anakin's hair in the continuaty?

Notice how Shak Ti is completly healed at the council in the next seen after the rescue?

There is obviously a large time gap even in the middle of this episode. So all the knighting stuff and the moment with padme could easily happen after Anakin gets back from Praestilyn (sp?)

One more note then I'm done. I really like how GG dodges everything and doesnt deflect bolts. In the book, Labrynth of Evil, he apparently good enough to deflet bolts with his hands if he needs to, but not that many!

14. _General_Grievous_

_General_Grievous_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Awesome! Simply awesome! I'm sorry that I missed the first 20 chapters. I guess I'll have to go get the dvd and catch up with everything.

Did anyone else think that the mad clown face on the Republic Gunship was kinda lame? That and the C-3PO strip tease were not one of my favorite moments. But overall I was so amazed how authentic everything really was. The voices, I thought, were spot on. And the visuals are so true to form. I thought it was so great, and those previews!!!! OMG, I can't wait for the rest of the season leading up to ROTS. Later

15. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    I thought the painted gunship was really cool, personally. :cool:

As for Threepio...I'll admit: I laughed. But it was a really lame joke. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had made some sense. As per TPM, a droid is "naked" without any coverings. It's just like any Jedi taking off their cloak to reveal that...yep, they're fully covered head-to-toe by their tunick and pants and boots and whatnot.

16. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Geez always thinking of the "naked" are we..

The music is supposed to be because hes all shiny. To me it was like a bond girl reavealing her swimsuit..I dunno..they were going for the comic relief, and at least this time we can't blame Lucas!

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/CloneWars-Cylon.jpg]

"All your Base(star) are belong to us..."

18. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Well, upon posting that I realized how lame it was to be complaining about a lack of droid nudity. :oops: :p

19. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
  20. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

These are the kinds of things that should of been in the frickin movies.

I thought this episode rocked.

Anakin becoming a knight, Padme & Anakin scenes were cool, the knighting was a bit hooky, but it was cool.

Whats up with the Dagobah scene with Qui Gon and little Anakin?

So am i to think that Qui Gon is responsible for Yoda heading to Dagobah?

Doesnt add up.

CLone

21. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    :::eek:bi-wan says its time Anakin and he become brothers...and Owen is Anakin's step brother...so, finally, we see how Obi-wan is Owen's brother.

Now, that's gotta be the lamest...

HOW does Owen Lars know (or even care) about their 'Jedi brotherhood'?

OK, nevermind... he DOESN'T (as far as I know of E3 spoilers, which ain't much, considering...).

And it doesn't matter, because it's just more of Kenobi's LIES...

Obi-Wan Kenobi is a LIAR!

LOL

But, heck, I really don't know.

Episode III will clear up all things.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    hehe

Also, just as a note- the Hyperspace file is missing a line of dialogue- after Obi-wan says "Anakin, you're late", Anakin had a line ("sorry") which the audio drops out for some reason in the QT file.

Now it sounds like he's just grunting.

23. neojedi18

neojedi18 Jedi Knight

Feb 28, 2005
    The episode was awesome! The animation and art seemed much better than the first 2 seasons (and I loved them) Tiny possible continuty error (who could ahve gussed ;-) ) from chapter 20 - Grievous had 2 blue lightsabers ( Ki's in his foot) and one green, but when the ARCs arrive, he has 2 green. He apparently drops the now green one in his foot, which makes me wonder which lightsaber Ki gets away with.
    Qui-Gon stuff was great as well - however if this actually happened, where would it have been? My guess is the gardens within the Jedi Temple *shrugs* Also, I wonder if the council at the end is actually one of the other, lesser jedi councils in the other towers, as there is only 1 chair in the room, Yoda's, and the members all appear to be bipedal humanoids, it seemed. Although of course it was dark and I'm not sure. Also, no purple saber was present, perhaps Mace didn't like the idea of Anakin becoming a knight and chose not present, or perhaps was needed elsewhere, or this really is another council that's responsible for ceremonies like this. Maybe the room at the end of AOTC, which contained only Yoda's chair, but was still high in a tower in the temple.
    I was infuriated to see one of my favorite Jedi, K'Krouk, not being picked up by Ki and the ARCs; longstanding issues of Republic have him participating in the awesome events surrounding Quinlin's story arc. I also thought he was simply in a Jedi trance, making his lifesigns barely noticeable. Well at least I can now look forward to seeing him get a special rescue in some other form. And maybe Genddy was just screwing with our minds, and they'll have a clip of him getting away at the end of the final chapter, hehe
    Seeing most of the Jedi Countil members speak was unbelievable awesome as well. Oppo's voice was incredible! Even also had a neat baritone voice. Kit's was the only that surprised me. This one council scene was better than any other in the prequels so far in my opinion. The council members have always been great heroes in my eyes, and its tremendous to finally have them get their lines in! Ki, Mace, and Yoda rock, but this is Jedi business after all, and Jedi are fair and equality minded beings - it only makes sense that everyone on the council should have their thoughts spoken and considered beforet he group.

24. Jedi_Kkruhk88

Apr 14, 2004
    I hope this isn't a stupid question but what does LFL stand for?

25. -Ambu_Fett-

-Ambu_Fett- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    LFL = LucasFilm I think ;).
    I really liked the episode. Cool action scenes, great moments (love scene, knighting of Annie and so on) and the music is also great. It's cool that Tasty has provided so many continuity fixes but still, Genndy could've done better with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.