Lit Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Tyranny != effective.

Xandel Carivus was a tyrant. Xandel Carivus also couldn't intimidate an infant.
  2. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    I am kind of irritated they didn't make the villain Ars Dangor.
  3. Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost

star 4
    I bet he intimidated all those chickens he killed and ate.

I watched The Gathering last night. Is it just me, or is each successive episode even more of a snoozefest? Why did it take twenty-two boring minutes for a bunch of snot-nosed kids to run around a cave? Are we supposed to care about them now that we've seen them all learn a lesson? Because I'd be much happier if their starship exploded in the opening minutes of the next episode. That would be awesome.
    Zorrixor, Esg and Super_Battle_Droid like this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    You think Dangor would let a chucklehead like Anor play him? Please.
  5. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5

Only if he comes with beard care products. :D
  6. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Nom Anor's manipulations aren't exactly...wowing me.

"Hey, why don't you go to war with those people you're already at war with!"
  7. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Nom Anor's manipulations aren't exactly...wowing me.

"Hey, why don't you go to war with those people you're already at war with!"
  8. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Dangor was little more than a Level 99 Bureaucrat. Give him a couple of sudoku books and he's yours.
  9. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    What shall Dangor want with Su of House Dooku's books anyway? @JoinTheSchwarz
  10. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Oh. He was that sort of count.
    Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  11. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, when the galaxy is making your job easy, no need to put a lot of effort into it.
    Last edited by MercenaryAce, Nov 8, 2012
  12. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    I finally caught the first episode of season five. For a series with notoriously spotty continuity (even within itself), I noticed an... odd... correlation factor. One that was probably unintentional.

Savage doesn't watch his feet.

No, seriously. I think we're supposed to get that his technique isn't the best in the world, he's just a powerhouse. However, it seems that guarding his feet is constantly screwing him.

-In Death Sentence, Judd enrages Savage by tripping the poor bastard, and goes on to mock Savage or lack of discipline.
    -The only "hit" Adi Gallia is able to land on Savage is a blow to his femur, though she's apparently not strong enough to really don anything. When Obi-Wan is fighting him, he quite literally "spams" the knee blows, hitting him there a total of six times until it actually trips him (and later looks like it even breaks his leg), and quite visibly pisses Savage off.

Gotta love it when random insignificant crap aligns like that in Star Wars. So now we know Savage's weak point: stab him in the legs.

I actually really enjoyed the first episode, too. I continue to dislike Hondo, but Obi-Wan got a much needed break from being the writers favorite punching bag. And of course, there was very little reason they had to use Adi; they obviously wanted to give Savage a council member kill.
    Last edited by instantdeath, Nov 9, 2012
  13. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10

You are now my enemy.
  14. Dawud786 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm gonna love the irony if Savage goes down to Kenobi's blade just like Maul... it would seem the waist down was Maul's weakness and the only way he learned from it was to lose them and get mechanical replacements.
  15. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Your obsession with the Emperor's towncrier is most amusing!
  16. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Your faith in your friends is yours.

(kinda feel like that should be my equivalent of "How appropriate, you fight like a cow!")
    RC-1991 likes this.
  17. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    The impression I am getting is LFL has apparently been trained to believe the films and any other work George Lucas is directly involved in are the only thing that matters.
  18. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    *looks around*

...what are you even responding to?
    Grand Admiral Paxis likes this.
  19. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I am not responding to anything, I am just pointing out something that has been made abundantly clear to me by the Canon Wars quotes site @_Catherine_ brought up.
  20. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    It would be amusing if TCW decided to contradict the ST for kicks. Or even better, the ST fit perfectly in the EU, but randomly contradict TCW in a manner that doesn't serve the plot (much like TCW is fond of doing :p)

Oh s***, we've got a canon war going on.
  21. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Anything that invalidates the osik that is TCW would be a good thing in my opinion, but if Mortis is the basis for the ST then there will be hell to pay.
  22. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    "Then I'll see you in hell" - Han Solo
    Zorrixor, Sinrebirth and Zeta1127 like this.
  23. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I coined the term for the period between PT and ST as the Canon Clone Wars, if that helps :p
  24. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Edit: Double post.
    Last edited by Sinrebirth, Nov 10, 2012
  25. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    The Who-droid even acts like a Doctor. Good grief. And they call him "the Professor." And he's even got a sonic screwdriver-like torch thing.

I think he might have named-dropped some stuff in his Who-esque monologue(s), but he was talking a mile a minute and I couldn't tell.