main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Hero of Tukayyid

Hero of Tukayyid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2012
    He could show up in DOTJ!!!

Cronal and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  2. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    I've not been a big fan of the last two arcs. They were fine stories, but I didn't feel they needed 4 eps to do it--especially Onderon. Yeesh. I'm ready to get to, you know, clones. In a war. Hence, Clone Wars.

3. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    droid's generations might not be 25 years if the species that build him is shortlived :p

4. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    I finally figured out why Hondo has been growing on me: he's the closest we'll ever come to seeing Booster Terrik onscreen.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Only Booster got to punch a Bothan. If Hondo tried to punch a Bothan, he'd be swinging at air.

There's a couple references in the episode to Grievous's forces dismantling their ships. The ones we saw later must either have been rebuilt or were from resources of Hondo's that weren't on Florrum.

That was the only thing that REALLY bothered me when I saw the movie at C6. That's way too old for a single droid to have been around. I could buy him being a droid from the Bane era, if he was well upgraded/maintained over the centuries (as he obviously has been)- or even KOTOR era (ala HK droids). But to be a proto-Republic-era droid on par with (or superior in capabilities to) modern droids is a bit too much (especially compared to other droids of the ancient era, like Xim's war droids).

My best theory is that the droid's memory banks/personality profile has been passed down, upgrade to upgrade, model to model. But the hardware that access them is replaced.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Remind me why this show is called the Clone Wars?

7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Reused CGI models that look like Clones of each other. [face_batting]

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    So 10-NT could be from Dawn of the Jedi era? That actually helps my theory that he was originally built by someone from the Sith species, hence his look. But now way he's in his original body.

9. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Am so glad that Grievous is actually fighting and not running away now. ANDH HE IS USING HIS LEGS

10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Or if it was Hutts then he could be older than the universe itself.

Maybe he even created the universe. Think about that.

11. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

guess you found THE MAKER :p he not only makes Younglings into Jedi.. he and his wife, the Mother Machine do quite some more :D

Zorrixor likes this.
  12. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Heh, I keep chuckling everytime someone calls the professor 10-NT. They should really make that his original designation before adopting a name :p

As for the episode, it was ok though I didn't like it as much as the first two episodes of the arc. Hondo was nice but it didn't thrill me as much. But anyway, I did fear a few times though that Grevious would be defeated by the younglings and glad they didnt go down that route... Grevious hit an all time low when Gungans beat him up and detained him. He didn't need younglings defeating him as well....

13. Hero of Tukayyid

Hero of Tukayyid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2012
    " (especially compared to other droids of the ancient era, like Xim's war droids)."

Didn't they wake up in one of the Daley books or something?

14. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't the Ancient Jedii have droids still active around the TOR era?

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah - I imagine Hondo's other ships were out pirating at the moment.

Anyway, I wasn't really bothered by Hondo's behavior - I always thought he had a sense of honor. A strange one, but one none the less. If anything, I thought he was a bit too vindictive last episode for someone who consistently does not take anything personally.

Maybe he is a Rataka droid? Those are capable of self-maintenance that allows them be active for absurd lengths of time (in one of the Clone Wars comics there were active Rataka droids defending a temple on Honoghr) and are generally on par with modern SW technology. Might even explain his knowledge of the force, since their technology is force based.

Presumably he was reprogrammed at some point to not be a vicious jerk.

16. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

17. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    Felt that overall this arc was fantastic, there was a few minor issues I had but nothing that spoiled it overall for me. I particularly enjoyed Hondo in this arc and his interaction with the Adi clone. I do wish it had been someone other than Tano that had been guiding them in building their lightsabers though.

18. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    Guess he knows HK-47.. I hope he was a HK unit once :p

Tennantbot truly is like the Doctor... changing with every regeneration into a new droid body

Cronal, MercenaryAce and Zorrixor like this.
  19. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Or maybe one thousand generations was just an exaggeration.

Sweet episode. Great story arc.

20. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Yeah, like Xim's Warbots... Oh, wait.

21. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Did Xim's warbots build lightsabers for little padawans? I think I missed that chapter from Lost Legacy.

Anyway, considering the ridiculous way dating is done, I'm expecting upcoming sources to mention Hyuang helped his first padawan exactly on 25,020 BBY. :)

22. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    There are Sentry droids you fight in TOR that date around the Force Wars on Tython. It doesn't strain that much credulity that maybe some of them ended up lasting to the Clone Wars

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Sure, it can be, I'm just sick of every single statement, aside or factoid mentioned by every single character being THE COMPLETELY ACCURATE TRUTH. That does strain credibility.

Havac likes this.
  24. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Eh doesn't bother me. I like no prizes

25. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I looked in the Essential Atlas and Ilum and Florum are literally on the other side of the galaxy from each other. What the heck were they doing in that sector? The show makes it seem like they hoped in the ship and went right to saber building. Makes you wonder why they didn't orbit Ilum or head back to the Temple for that.