main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I think TCW has broken Coop.

What's the symbol on the side of WAC-47's head? I couldn't figure out what it was, I know it's from KotOR.

Robimus and Esg like this.
  2. General_Un-Co

General_Un-Co Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2010
    They answered that in the episode he said he got chosen because of his size.

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I believe it's the symbol of the 91st Reconnaissance Corps. It's also seen on Neyo's armor.

EDIT: Coop's gif just made me realize that WAC-47's coloration is similar to Iron Man's...

4. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Okay, that makes more sense. It reminded me of one of the symbols from KotOR, and I thought it might have been seeing as they used the TOR era Jedi symbol for the Young Jedi episodes.

It's this. The file says Revanchist Sith, dunno if I can trust that.

[​IMG]

5. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I imagine Palpatine was facepalming himself all these times and said 'Sithspit, I have to cripple the Republic so badly for the Separatists to win. You just can't get good help these days' :p

One thing I don't get is whats the point of the introduction of the new Super Tactical Droids if they get defeated so badly. I mean, the Super Tactical Droids look cool... don't get me wrong there, but I don't see why a normal Tactical Droid couldn't have been used.

6. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Probably as a sub-boss for Artoo, as it were. Although I don't see why Artoo didn't simply zap it, but the zero-g part was pretty cool and funny to watch.

You know, if the entire episode had consisted of watching a bunch of astromechs beeping at each other as they took down the Seperatists the episode would have been a lot more bearable. Instead they came up with a droid more obnoxious than Jar Jar in Episode I was. It was toned down somewhat by the latter half, mainly to make their commanding officer even more pompous, but at least he wasn't that bad, considering.

Confederacy security is ridiculously bad though, but then logic has always been one of this show's many weakpoints. The super tactical droid was mostly a weaste, if it had just been a regular tactic droid or one of the stealth ones, it would have provided mostly the same kind of challenge for Artoo. But then this show has often come up with new unneeded Seperatist designs (although there is the occasional reason, like Lucasfilm deciding no more Lucrehulks requiring a replacement ship... not that we've seen much fleet battles in a while) while the Republic barely gets a new shuttle or small ship.

One of the worse episodes, but no Hondo weakens it too after last week. It was cool seeing the astromechs fight (the laser with the recoil, the flying magnet), just too bad we had to put up with the Basic-speaking members of D-squad too. It might have been interesting if after the mission had started we had had only astromechs to follow, but then that would probably be too complicated for them to pull off, especially without any overpowered Padawans to conveniently understand them. I think Gascon understood what the droids were saying, even after his ride got fried, but with how he was mostly giving orders, not entirely sure. And yeah, that droid doctor was... creepy. Partially mad scientist, maybe partial secret agent outfitting, but I felt bad for the droid that was just hollowed out for Gascon to ride around in. It was so much better written in Dark Rendezvous with Yoda too.

7. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    obvious answer: He is good at tactics, not at employing them himself in one to one fights :p he is a thinker, not a warrior ;)

8. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    now you said it, I want WAC to become JarJars personal droid!

PS: I want a full transcript of what the droids really said translated ... like for the movies done by Ben Burt in the Galactic Phrase Book and Travel Guide :)

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Anything R2 says would automatically boost the parental guidelines two ratings at least.

Ulicus , Gorefiend, Zeta1127 and 4 others like this.
  10. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Well true but it just doesn't lessen the impact of being beaten so badly :p I just feel that the showings of the Super Tactical Droids are just a bit poor so far. Even the Onderon one didn't really impress me personally as his strategies didn't really fight he resistance well beyond the addition of the droid gunships. And this one got wasted as well so I guess I am just not seeing the Super in Super Tactical Droid so far. Thats just my view really... might change in the future if we get another war campaign with a cool showing of the Super Tactical Droids. Really though, we really need to see more living organic Separatists.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Fun episode. I'd rather have a dozen more droid episodes than a new series like Fate of the Jedi. :)

12. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Don't get emo, Muv-Lulz, and embrace the whimsy.

CaptainPeabody likes this.
  14. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Language. And don't edit over my edit.

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    You sir, just earned yourself a spot on the naughty list.

17. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Go to LACWAC if you don't want a dissenting opinion

Ironically there are pockets of displeasure with this episode

Zeta1127 likes this.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm desolated I wasn't there already.

19. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It's good to see someone enjoying the descent into Holiday Special territory.

gizmodeus and Esg like this.
  20. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    An episode about Artoo having light-hearted adventures with some droid buddies? Totally Holiday Special territory.

Come on. If you want to be taken seriously, half-assed snark won't do it. Step up your game.

My only worry is that four episodes is probably going to be too much, but as a stand-alone episode it's perfect.

21. Darth Somnambulous

Darth Somnambulous Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I really enjoyed this episode; it was fun. It's not like Artoo went home to visit his family and Bea Arthur.

22. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I suppose a case could be made for being more similar to the Ewoks cartoon, but I stand by my original comparison. I could almost hear Jefferson Starship playing in the background during the episode.

Tsk, tsk. Now who's not enjoying the whimsy?

Esg likes this.
  23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yes, Ewoks and Droids are a most appropriate comparison.

And Esg is not enjoying the whimsy. Don't you know him? You should talk.

Too much of a good thing is never a good thing. I thought that was common sense.

24. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Oh, dear. Really? I was avoiding those comparisons to be nice. I guess that explains a lot, though.

Considering that you were talking about a "dozen" episodes just like the droid episode shortly before this?

Esg likes this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh, I can forgive a lot, not to worry. But besmirching FotJ is one step too far!