main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Episode guide is up.
    • The blue logo was a tribute to R2-D2's color scheme.
    • The new Anx Jedi is Thongla Jur. He is the owner of U9-C4.
    • Tera Sinube is the owner of M5-BZ and Aayla Secura is the owner of QT-KT.
    • Our first picture of Neyo's face. He's got his ID number tattooed on his face. I really have to wonder about these clones, sometimes.
    • The super tactical droid was named Aut-O.

JoinTheSchwarz and Cronal like this.
  2. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Heh, Aut-O... and wow, I kind of wondered what those other Jedi were doing in the room. Got it was a briefing and perhaps needed to be shown to the others but makes more sense now that they were the owners of the other droids on D-Squad.

3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It seems like that the Providence-class is indeed being retconned into being the "dreadnaughts". I had asked Filoni about it at Celebration - about the differences between the CWAS and the PT ship depictions - and he had said that they should all be the same as far as he was aware.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Oh yes, I'd rather have that before another Fate of the Jedi. No doubt about that. Doesn't mean it's the ideal.

And you didn't like Ewoks and Droids? Not angsty enough, right? Don't worry, that passes with puberty.

5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Common sense would dictate that "none of these" is always an option.

No, it's liking a children's cartoon that is aimed solely at children that passes with puberty - at least one would hope so, unless it's out of irony or nostalgia. Even at the time they were originally aired, I found them tedious and boring. "Angst", whatever your particular obsession with that word, had nothing to do with it one way or another.

Esg likes this.
  6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    How can he step up his game if you just edit him out the moment he does? Again, why is it okay for you to mock him and insult him in the name of keeping up a stupid internet persona, but the moment someone calls you out on it you whip out your Mod authority?

You're acting like a jerk to anyone who dislikes this episode, accusing people who didn't like droids or ewoks of being angsty, but the moment that I or anyone tells you to shut up, banhammers and edits pop out.

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Sorry to disappoint you Coop, but I believe that I was doomed to despise TCW from the beginning, because I was told the Clone Wars multimedia project, the Dark Lord Trilogy, and the Republic Commando series were the story of the Clone Wars, only to now be told that George Lucas' opinion is apparently the only thing I am supposed to take seriously.

8. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Why do people not like Ewoks? *sigh* I want Mount Sorrow visit his cousin Mount Doom in Mordor ahem I meant on Mortis!

besides... Dark Empire Ewok Commandos... TCW must use them, must! IF I get Ewok Commandos I will forget the continuity fuzz

Zorrixor and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  9. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I didn't use any language explicitely forbidden by the forum rules: he did, and it was pretty heavy, so it was edited out. I don't think it's any hard to understand why he was edited. Thousands of users of all ages can do it, after all.
    I know most bashers are used to going unopposed, bullying anyone that doesn't agree with their negative outlook on things, and doing things like posting "funny" macros to belittle positive opinions, but not everyone is afraid of defending what they like. Tough luck.
    Well, that's understandable. I guess you could say exactly the same about the whole Star Wars saga, as it's always been pretty childish and oriented to kids, but at least it's a valid opinion.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  10. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

how glad are you now then that his opinion is official noncanon ever since he retired? :p

Disney needn't stick to his vision or changing interview opinions anymore since they own the thing.

11. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Disney hasn't changed a single thing, TCW is still irrevocably ruining the Clone Wars, and I have a gut feeling that Mortis is going to be involved in the ST, meaning I most likely won't want to see it. Del Rey has ruined the post-NJO because I expected something completely different, which is yet another reason I am probably not going to be interested in the ST, since it will likely continue the post-NJO storyline that has completely lost me.

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't think they're likely to change that point of view. I'm sure they will still consider canon everything George says in random interviews (Stewjon, Conan Antonio, et al) out of respect.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Part of me desperately wants Lucas to go on as many talkshows as possible in the upcoming years and continue to say zany things that defy a normal person's capacity for understanding.

14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    So you want him to go totally Uwe Boll? ;)

Cronal likes this.
  15. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I think he crossed that line long ago.

And I felt dirty for making that comparison.

Gorefiend likes this.
  16. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    >Going un opposed

Have you even stepped foot into LACWAC? The mods petty much purged most of the people who didn't ejaculate over the show and most of the time episodes get a 10/10

And do you not understand I'm being a tad bit facetious? The droid episodes have a history of being...dull

17. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Just give him his own talk show.

"George Lucas: Off His Meds"

18. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    So you admit that your objections aren't really related to the actual content of the show.

19. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Sad thing is, I can picture him talking to Jimmy Kimmel and jokingly explaining his vision of Han Solo as a former circus acrobat... and two months later Hasbro releasing a "Han Solo (Circus Acrobat)" action figure.

So was I when I replied to your animated GIF, but you felt you had to reply with a curse. *shrug*

20. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Cursing can't be used in jokes now?
    Mine are

21. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    My objections are a combination of not liking the disregard for the EU and not caring about what TCW is doing. I am not invest in TCW, because it hasn't offered me anything that I haven't already gotten or can't get out of the EU. Every time I here something about what TCW has done, I can't help but think about what the EU did on the subject. I simply see the old timeline as the Clone Wars and TCW as something completely alien.

22. Darth Somnambulous

Darth Somnambulous Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Wait, what?

CooperTFN likes this.
  23. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Sarcasm

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Wow ESG....your memories of LACWAC are pretty much the exact opposite of mine. Very strange.

25. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Current LACWAC