Lit Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    There is a scientific term for that effect
    Last edited by instantdeath, Jan 29, 2013
  2. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Good point. But Sidious has killed two Mandalores...

... so doesn't he have the best claim after Revenge of the Sith?
  3. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    That TCW is running out of ideas?
    General Immodet likes this.
  4. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    Didn't Maul want to be "captured" by the pirates, though? So it's not really a coincidence. But no idea what the Death Watch was doing above Florrum. If this was a movie the EU would be working on a novel/comic answering that.
  5. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    That was one of the things that differed from the book to the show. While logically they could be above Florrum(though how would the Jedi or Hondo not have found them?), the show itself doesn't specify where they are found.
  6. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You know in Star Wars when the droids of the father end up with the droids of the son, we usually write it off as "the will of the force" just as a way to justify such astronomical odds happening.
  7. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Thats exactly how the show presented it. Maul even says those exact words :p
  8. TychoCorde Jedi Master

star 1
    I was a little dissappointed that all of the Black Sun Vigos were Falleen, werent some other species involved at this point? Or was this just a certain faction they took over?
  9. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    Just a branch that was in charge at the time.
  10. DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Mandalore Starbuck? :p
    Last edited by DarkEagle, Jan 30, 2013
  11. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, They were more cosmopolitan before, but Maul killed all of that group. Faleen managed to muscle their way to the top and stay there for a while, until Xizor finally fell afoul of Vader.
  12. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    Xizor's lieutenants weren't Falleen. Actually, I remember Xizor being very unusual for his species, who were usually very isolationist.

Though, come to think of it, Vigo was a Falleen word, which implies a pretty strong Falleen influence on Black Sun.....
  13. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    I of course love it when things in Star Wars are expanded and used in other stories, but I think Black Sun is something that got hurt in that process, along with a great deal of the believability of Shadows of the Empire. In addition to the already discussed annoyance of having Black Sun seemingly populated by Faleen, I have a really difficult time that Black Sun is a criminal empire that has stood for thousands of years.
  14. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Wasn't it Tionese? Or am I thinking of something different?
    Esg likes this.
  15. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    The Wook says it's old Tionese and cites Shadows of the Empire novel, page 36 as the source.
    Esg likes this.
  16. TychoCorde Jedi Master

star 1
    I just remember in The Coruscant Night Trilogy that a few species were in charge and that the actual "head" was a human.
  17. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    My mistake.

Edit: Hmm....earlier TCW material establishes Ziro the Hutt as part of Black Sun...and come to think of it, I believe he has the Black Sun symbol tattooed on his chest.
    Last edited by MercenaryAce, Jan 31, 2013
  18. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    I think it's one thing to have illusions about the endless Falleen being a creative decision rather than a reality of computer animated programming, but it's another to believe that it's that crazy for this one particular group, at this one particular time, being mostly, or even entirely, one species. Every story involving Black Sun is going to have its own unique focus based on its own needs, but the organization as a whole is more than big enough to encompass all kinds of demographics--even some that don't necessarily fit its typical mold.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Jan 31, 2013
    Mia Mesharad and Zorrixor like this.
  19. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Yeah. It's a crime gang, so I've just taken this as akin to a crimelord surrounding himself with those closest to him.

If you're a mafia boss, you'll surround yourself with Italians; if you're a Triad, you'll have Chinese underlings. So if you're a Falleen Vigo? Makes sense you'd have your old Falleen flunkies from back home too (especially with how "we're better than you" Falleen are too).
    Last edited by Zorrixor, Jan 31, 2013
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  20. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Sir, that is a disgusting stereotype :p
    Esg likes this.
  21. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    You deny that Falleen are better than other people?

This is where I would point at my avatar if it was still Xizor from before the boards moved. :p
    instantdeath likes this.
  22. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Zor, that's despicable. Go reread the Diversity Thread and say 40 Hail Warus.
  23. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
  24. Esg Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Did they really need to add the OT quote?

Would it kill them to be original?
    Last edited by Esg, Jan 31, 2013
    Ulicus likes this.
  25. Danz Borin Jedi Master

star 1
    Too soon, I'd rather the current arc panned out before doing the Sid/Maul confrontation we knew would eventually come.